Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You stan the narratives the resetera cacs tell you to :wow:

Again, you’re a series s owner, you’re gonna defend your purchase. I don’t have to do that, i could have bought a series s if i wanted, but i did the research on it, its a garbage console and im not gonna tell someone to waste their money on it when it could be obsolete in two years or limit their experience for this game

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea i still dont know if theres any difference to the S and X other than 4k lmao

Besides 4K, the Series S has roughly half the hard drive space, so having multiple games installed can be tricky, especially for larger games like Starfield will probably be. You can always buy an extra storage card for your S, but at that point, you're already losing most of your cost benefit of going with the S in the first place. If you plan on keeping a decent amount of games installed, the X might just be a more convenient starting place.

Obviously due to being a less powerful machine, you're not going to get 4K out of it, but you're also even more at the mercy of the developer when it comes to framerates. Some devs are great at finding a way to get a consistent 60/30 out of the Series S, and some aren't. You're also likely going to see the little annoying stuff that people nitpick about like pop-in, textures occasionally looking off, etc. Again, that's more about how the dev handles it, but realistically speaking, most are developing for the Series X as the lead Microsoft platform, and then essentially working their way back to the Series S.

Unfortunately, with the nature of reviews, most times the Series X code is sent to reviewers first (or sometimes only) if an outlet is specifically looking to review a game on XBox, so there's more of a "wait for real world reviews" element if you're trying to decode between buying on multiple platforms.

Using myself as the example, I've got a PS5, so I just got a Series X so my decision on what platform to buy something on is a bit easier, since they're close to each other on feature parity.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
On the series S discussion, BG3 already shows the limitations of the systems. The only reason BG3 isnt releasing on X/S the same day as PS5 is because they cant get a feature to work on the S, that they have implemented on the X(And MS says you cant release for one and not both). Seems like Starfield may be the first big "test" for the X vs S stuff.

I would just wait for reviews. If you getting a console just for this game, make sure everything is ok on the S first. If it is, get one, if not get an X.
This conversation is for another thread but without knowing Larians dev pipeline and how they handled optimization of each platfrom people using BG3 as proof of anything are only using it to push their own narratives.

We don’t know how much optimization time has gone into each platform. Most devs just get it all done. Larian seems to have prioritized certain releases over others. The PS5 version isn’t out yet and they moved the PC version up.

The idea of taking one game that’s an outlier against literally EVERY other game proving the contrary and drawing these conclusions is wild to me.

Starfield PC requirements will be higher than BG3. The game larger. The graphics better, and by all indications the S handles it just fine.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again, you’re a series s owner, you’re gonna defend your purchase. I don’t have to do that, i could have bought a series s if i wanted, but i did the research on it, its a garbage console and im not gonna tell someone to waste their money on it
I have both and can compare both in person. If someone asks for advice i’m gonna give them my experince.
when it could be obsolete in two years or limit their experience for this game
Neither of these things is true. You made them up. And giving someone “made up” advice is indicative of your dishonest agenda.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Believe Todd Howard about a game running “nicely” :dead:
You asked who said it :stopitslime:
Like i said, wait for reviews/DF or other tech breakdowns
“Wait for tech reviews” is good advice and shouldn’t have taken 10 pages of narratives and sony stan miserable behavior to get here.

But that ain’t how it works around here :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You asked who said it :stopitslime:

“Wait for tech reviews” is good advice and shouldn’t have taken 10 pages of narratives and sony stan miserable behavior to get here.

But that ain’t how it works around here :ehh:

It was actually said before but you wanted to jump on a grenade for series s anyway

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We need a whole subforum like The Bushes that’s just a copy of every arcadium thread but with only Gizmo, Meach, and Titan’s replies in it

nikkas really arguing for pages long off the back of someone else’s question:unimpressed:
I'm not arguing about anything anymore tbh.. I left it at ok a few pages ago.
Meach just calling out the ducks hypocrisy.

:manny: