Starfield is coming to PlayStation (XboxEra); Phil Spencer Responds

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Whatever you’re talking about is caca, gamepass doesn’t work. They tried and failed
Your arguments are all circular working backwards from a conclusion made with little to no evidence to back it. In reality if they put out a mediocre product and it fails that doesn't mean the product category is a failure it means their product was a failure.

You may be right and people might not want such a service but when all the resulting services are designed to be undesirable to the mainstream yeah they'll stagnate. Every other form of media suggest people would rather pay a lower monthly fee for access to a full library of content (including new content) vs paying higher prices and purchasing individual content.

When the draw is here's a bunch of games you either already bought or passed on you don't get this grand success story from that.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice how they not talking about porting Redfall, right?:sas2:
13463ea8-8575-4d6e-b872-e21c4bb83037_text.gif

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I just want elder scrolls 6 fam...:mjlol:
If ES6 is just going to be more of what we got in Starfield then MS can keep that shyt. I'm going to have to really see something beyond convincing to go near ES6 at this point.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If ES6 is just going to be more of what we got in Starfield then MS can keep that shyt. I'm going to have to really see something beyond convincing to go near ES6 at this point.

I believe ES6 will be better plus skyrim was so good i dont see how they can fail. :lupe: but this time maybe I will wait before i buy just to see if the streets say its good. starfield was a fukking disappointment all gloss very hallow...:hhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You may be right and people might not want such a service but when all the resulting services are designed to be undesirable to the mainstream yeah they'll stagnate. Every other form of media suggest people would rather pay a lower monthly fee for access to a full library of content (including new content) vs paying higher prices and purchasing individual content.

Every form of media ain’t the same, which is what I’ve been telling you for 3 years. Music and TV is not the same as an actual interactive medium, people cannot physically consume video games the way they can music and tv. It’s the same as ebooks, it’s not passive entertainment so having unlimited of it doesn’t matter.

I consider myself way more of a gamer than tv watcher and i easily end up watching more tv than game playing. I don’t think the average gamer finishes even a 3rd of the amount of games I do a year.

Also 200+ dollars a year on top of other expenses isn’t cheap so we can stop all that. Gamepass ain’t free and it’s not getting any cheaper.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Every form of media ain’t the same, which is what I’ve been telling you for 3 years. Music and TV is not the same as an actual interactive medium, people cannot physically consume video games the way they can music and tv. It’s the same as ebooks, its not passive entertainment so having unlimited of it doesn’t matter.

Also 200+ dollars a year on top of over expenses isn’t cheap so we can stop all that. Gamepass ain’t free and it’s not getting any cheaper.
agreed, i can watch a 7/10 tv series and still enjoy myself. I can weigh the option of having access to dozens of 7/10 movies on a service vs having another service that has a couple 10/10 movies but nothing else and choose the quantity over the quality.
but games are different. i would rather play a 10/10 game a dozen times, than play a dozen 7/10 games. Repeat play value is significantly higher with games than it is with movies. due to the games taking a long time to consume as well. So if played a game like FF7 maybe 6 times in my life since 1997, that's hundreds of hours dedicated to that one game. Versus Watching friday 6 times in my life being 12 hours.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
agreed, i can watch a 7/10 tv series and still enjoy myself. I can weigh the option of having access to dozens of 7/10 movies on a service vs having another service that has a couple 10/10 movies but nothing else and choose the quantity over the quality.
but games are different. i would rather play a 10/10 game a dozen times, than play a dozen 7/10 games. Repeat play value is significantly higher with games than it is with movies. due to the games taking a long time to consume as well. So if played a game like FF7 maybe 6 times in my life since 1997, that's hundreds of hours dedicated to that one game. Versus Watching friday 6 times in my life being 12 hours.

It’s why Jim Ryan (and recently Yoshida) was correct in saying, the future for casual gaming isn’t subscription its Live Service/F2P. Someone can play warzone, Apex, Fortnite, Rocket League, Fall Guys, year round, and maybe pick up one other AAA game, or play 1 or 2 subscription games and thats all they realistically have time for. I look at the games my brother plays, Destny, WWE, and the occasional PS Plus essential game.

Thats why sony and nintendo have good formulas. Sony spends a lot of money to make “event” type games that you need to drop what you’re doing and play because it’s a big experience with tons of spoilers. Nintendo pretty much caters to only making games you can get on their platforms.

Microsoft don’t really have a real lane. Subscription gaming is not a lane. The high end console market is satisfied, the portable console market is satisfied, and the pc gaming market is satisfied.

Outside of being a gargantuan mega publisher I don’t really see a place for them in gaming