Starfield is coming to PlayStation (XboxEra); Phil Spencer Responds

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Game was a HUGE flop. I bought a Series X partially to play this.

For people who only own a PS5, trust me when I say this isn't worth your time at all

I purchased on PC & actually began having fun with it about 6 hours or so in, in large part due to the fact that Bethesda games are almost like comfort food for me in the winter. Then the Cyberpunk 2.0 update dropped & I realized that not only was it a decade behind Cyberpunk, but outside of combat, Starfield was also inferior in almost every way to Skyrim & Fallout.

The game needs a substantial overhaul via updates & some serious noteworthy modding for me to pick it back up. I'll see where it's at in the fall of this year. I don't think BGS has ever released a single player game that felt as sterile & unremarkable as Starfield. From the disney-lite characters, to the "open world." They completely dropped the ball.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Every form of media ain’t the same, which is what I’ve been telling you for 3 years. Music and TV is not the same as an actual interactive medium, people cannot physically consume video games the way they can music and tv. It’s the same as ebooks, it’s not passive entertainment so having unlimited of it doesn’t matter.

I consider myself way more of a gamer than tv watcher and i easily end up watching more tv than game playing. I don’t think the average gamer finishes even a 3rd of the amount of games I do a year.

Also 200+ dollars a year on top of other expenses isn’t cheap so we can stop all that. Gamepass ain’t free and it’s not getting any cheaper.
Yet Kindle Unlimited exist and thrives.

You're arguing a strawman against a point I never made. I've never argued that unlimited services are of any value. I've argued that if you can get the content you want from a subscription service at a lower entry price there's value in that to the consumer. People get cable subscriptions and watch 10-15 channels of the 200+ they get. They pay for the content they want not some all you can eat buffet of content. Most don't really care about the hundreds of other channels they get and never watch.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
c463cccc96e643cacaa8a5087cfef83a.jpg

JNew

Superstar
Daps
It’s why Jim Ryan (and recently Yoshida) was correct in saying, the future for casual gaming isn’t subscription its Live Service/F2P. Someone can play warzone, Apex, Fortnite, Rocket League, Fall Guys, year round, and maybe pick up one other AAA game, or play 1 or 2 subscription games and thats all they realistically have time for. I look at the games my brother plays, Destny, WWE, and the occasional PS Plus essential game.

Thats why sony and nintendo have good formulas. Sony spends a lot of money to make “event” type games that you need to drop what you’re doing and play because it’s a big experience with tons of spoilers. Nintendo pretty much caters to only making games you can get on their platforms.

Microsoft don’t really have a real lane. Subscription gaming is not a lane. The high end console market is satisfied, the portable console market is satisfied, and the pc gaming market is satisfied.

Outside of being a gargantuan mega publisher I don’t really see a place for them in gaming

The Console war is over. E3 has been dead for many years. The next step in gaming is going to be publishing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yet Kindle Unlimited exist and thrives.

Not in the way subscription music and video thrives. There’s about 4 million kindle unlimited subscribers and it takes only a fraction of the cost of a game to publish and circulate a book.

When you have Microsoft, the largest company in the world saying they need to hit 100 million subscriptions in order to continue to pursue that distribution model you’re going to inevitable going to hit a wall.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
PlayStation still going strong
Switch going stronger
:camby:
Xbox is dead don’t associate these two other prisitine Japanese consoles to this fat merican box :umad:
I had all the consoles and stopped gaming seriously after Wii, 360 and PS3. Even I could see the writing on the wall.

How many more god of wars will there be, I’ve lost track of cods that have come out. GTA 6 ain’t gonna hit like people think. And what you think you gonna get a Ps7. Oh and can’t wait for Halo 10 when chief finally wins the war! It’s sound ridiculous cause that’s what it is.

The next phase in gaming like it has been with comic books is rights to franchises for other media forms like toys, movies etc.

But y’all be playing Mario in Willy wonka factory on feetswitch2. And god of war 15 on PS10 in 2040. :mjlol:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I had all the consoles and stopped gaming seriously after Wii, 360 and PS3. Even I could see the writing on the wall.

How many more god of wars will there be, I’ve lost track of cods that have come out. GTA 6 ain’t gonna hit like people think. And what you think you gonna get a Ps7. Oh and can’t wait for Halo 10 when chief finally wins the war! It’s sound ridiculous cause that’s what it is.

The next phase in gaming like it has been with comic books is rights to franchises for other media forms like toys, movies etc.

But y’all be playing Mario in Willy wonka factory on feetswitch2. And god of war 15 on PS10 in 2040. :mjlol:
So you one of these high horse fellers
Coming to play in the mud with us console war nikkas
Well I reckon you can take your luxury ways and fine way of talking the hell up outta here brother
BECAUSE THIS shyt DONT FLY HERE WITH US :damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not in the way subscription music and video thrives. There’s about 4 million kindle unlimited subscribers and it takes only a fraction of the cost of a game to publish and circulate a book.

When you have Microsoft, the largest company in the world saying they need to hit 100 million subscriptions in order to continue to pursue that distribution model you’re going to inevitable going to hit a wall.
Again people will subscribe to services that have content they want at a reasonable cost. It's been proven over and over again. The problem isn't that people don't want such a service the problem is it won't be offered to them.

Microsoft made the claim that you'd get all their games day 1 on their service then proceeded to mostly release nothing and filled the service with old games, flops, unknown new 3rd party franchises with no hype, and indie games.

It's like what if cable was a bunch of home shopping networks, public access, and CSPAN with no local channels and none of the big cable channels like ESPN, TNT, and TLC? The appeal of such a service would be very limited.

Content people want is required for subscription services. Kindle Unlimited suffers from the same effect Game Pass does. Most of the good popular books are kept off the service entirely or only come when they're many years old and sold through. The primary use of the service is niche titles and titles from unknown of smaller authors.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Nah GTA 6 Gonna be blockbuster status every release it gets bigger and better. U buggin :camby:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about
Clearly
There should be a sticky thread for all the “gaming hasn’t been good since 360 days” people to complain.
Yeah they peaked during the console war days. Games have gotten prettier.

How many more remastered release before some of you figure it out idk.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Nah GTA 6 Gonna be blockbuster status every release it gets bigger and better. U buggin :camby:

It will sell but people looking back now are realizing that gta 5 wasn’t all that.