Stardom - Wrestler Hana Kimura has passed away

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People are cruel online because they can't do shyt offline. Please don't engage just laugh and keep it moving.

I remember my mom getting upset over something someone said in a chat once and I told her basically do not engage with fukking losers online. Only I can deal with it because I don't care what anyone says.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

From wreddit, a translation of Asuka's tweets:

1. I have no idea where to direct this grief. And even though I am at a loss for words, I still remember Hana always coming to the arena/stadium with her grandmother when she was little.
2. Before I crossed over to the States, I received hordes of mails like these for several years *every day*.
“Drop dead.”
“Don’t you dare ruin Joshi Puro.”
“Leave the industry.”
And today, I received mails demanding me why I haven’t commented [on Hana’s death] when other wrestlers have already done so. These people, so lost in their own sense of justice, have no idea that they’re essentially the same [as the people who sent the hate mails]. This [ignorance] terrifies me.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

From wreddit, a translation of Asuka's tweets:

1. I have no idea where to direct this grief. And even though I am at a loss for words, I still remember Hana always coming to the arena/stadium with her grandmother when she was little.
2. Before I crossed over to the States, I received hordes of mails like these for several years *every day*.
“Drop dead.”
“Don’t you dare ruin Joshi Puro.”
“Leave the industry.”
And today, I received mails demanding me why I haven’t commented [on Hana’s death] when other wrestlers have already done so. These people, so lost in their own sense of justice, have no idea that they’re essentially the same [as the people who sent the hate mails]. This [ignorance] terrifies me.

Tell those ignorant fukks, Asuka. You don't owe these idiots anything.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
So I just watched the Terrace House clips and, if that's worth driving someone to suicide to a fanbase, then that fanbase has a seriously fukked moral compass.

A goddamned tragedy. I had seen Kimura's tweets before the news of her suicide came out, so i was hoping someone from Stardom had gotten to her before she hurt herself, but that was not to be.

This has not been a good week for wrestling.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Tell those ignorant fukks, Asuka. You don't owe these idiots anything.

People always want a statement from someone when a person dies, some people are just so torn up and grieve differently than others. They don't owe twitter any statement.

I remember LeBron catching heat when Kobe died cause he didn't issue a statement or attend the memorial service :snoop:.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1264132437581406209mboErRJtVIWLgwe&app_name=reddit.com

I was able to notice her tweet right away because it was afternoon in the United States by the time difference (midnight in Japan time) and I called Jungle Kyona and Rossi Ogawa with Io immediately.
Kyona went with all her might.
However…
I didn’t make it in time"

Edit: the incident

Edit 2: the full episode

RIP to Hana. Never heard of her until today. I watched the incident expecting her to do or say something crazy, but she was angry and calm. Didn’t wild out or try to fight ole boy. If people were harassing her over that clip then those people straight up loser cornballs. She probably had those thoughts already and seeing a clip and then reading the comments under it probably triggered the action. Social media is definitely not the place for you if you are going through something mentally. I get why people disable comments. Condolences to her friends and family and fans

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
This is an awful world and challenges will test you throughout your life.

Ultimately a fraction of the population have a low tolerance and they should be identified and protected.

People can blame twitter/social media etc etc.. but I think with certain people sooner or later something will push them over the edge. Failed an exam? Got passed over for a promotion? Miscarriage? Husband cheated? There's always gonna be something.

22 is too young. RIP.

Sure anything can trigger it, but man...social media is sometimes just a different beast...Okay cool, one person doesn't like you in real life that's fine...but imagine getting 1000's of shytty terrible messages a day for an extended period of time??? Too much information to take in, and its from so many different people...the human brain at its current capacity just shouldn't have to sift through that much shyt at once. The volume is just insane and processing and that isn't healthy in the slightest, and the worst part is it doesn't always just end at social media with some of these ridiculous fans.

I don't want to compare to other things you mentioned because they're all potential triggers and carry different weights, but I do think that its important people take into account what social media's potential is in these situations.