Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Kylo Ren needs to stay in his mask, it makes him more intimidating
Is that mask gonna make the audience forget he's just a brat with daddy issues that got his food eaten by somebody wielding a light saber for the first time?
giphy.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's like you folks have never experienced entertainment in any form before to be so blind about a thing called a "character arc".

I know Rey got ya'll riled up because she basically was the "perfect" hero almost right from start, but there was a big point made in TFA how Kylo Ren wasn't fully committed to the Dark Side yet and that's where his bytch tendencies came from. Also, he got shot by Chewbacca's crossbow which in the Star Wars universe is like taking a shotgun blast, so he was already hurting and had to fight Finn first.

Finn, well... I have no idea where they plan to take him but it was implied he had a greater destiny too so who knows. My point is merely that this is a trilogy and you can't have everyone complete their journey after one movie, because then you have nothing for the other two.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Why did they pick this block headed Asian girl? Curious, they did not pick a prettier girl.

MV5BMjMyMjUyMTAzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDcwNDY4NzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

It's like you folks have never experienced entertainment in any form before to be so blind about a thing called a "character arc".

I know Rey got ya'll riled up because she basically was the "perfect" hero almost right from start, but there was a big point made in TFA how Kylo Ren wasn't fully committed to the Dark Side yet and that's where his bytch tendencies came from. Also, he got shot by Chewbacca's crossbow which in the Star Wars universe is like taking a shotgun blast, so he was already hurting and had to fight Finn first.

Finn, well... I have no idea where they plan to take him but it was implied he had a greater destiny too so who knows. My point is merely that this is a trilogy and you can't have everyone complete their journey after one movie, because then you have nothing for the other two.

Yeah he had to fight Finn first, and disposed of him in about 2 seconds....

And you talk about character arc, but it's funny because Rey looks like she reached her peak in the first film. And Poe was established as the best pilot in the whole rebel fleet.

You guys can keep making excuses for this all you want, but some people simply don't like it, and that's OK.

And some of you are simply too naive or have your head stuck too far into the sand to see what the film makers are doing.

Last edited:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
The Force Awakens hate from fake smart and fatherless people :russ:

Can't make this up :russ:

Bunch of fukkin losers.

And here we have someone getting overly emotional and defensive over a movie they have zero creative input over.

You didn't write it, direct, produce it, you didn't even clean up after the catering....you just watched it and liked it.

Now you're making borderline racist remarks because people didn't like the fukking movie, nor did they like the feminist/racial propaganda within it.

Get over yourself, you thick fanboy.

JJ Abrams did what he always does, make a mediocre film.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
And here we have someone getting overly emotional and defensive over a movie they have zero creative input over.

You didn't write it, direct, produce it, you didn't even clean up after the catering....you just watched it and liked it.

Now you're making borderline racist remarks because people didn't like the fukking movie, nor did they like the feminist/racial propaganda within it.

Which comment was racist?
And nah you can't even form your own opinion and it hurts you because I revealed you to yourself. I know your brain n heart more than you do. I'd be mad, too.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

So you're saying that any movie that doesn't have all white male leads and side characters is propaganda. Gotcha. :mjpls:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This trailer is one of the weakest SW trailers I've ever seen.. I really don't understand why people are crying and shyt over it. A large part of the problem also is that Rey was a Mary Sue. I'm all for female leads, but for her to master the force enough to defeat someone who has been playing with it, and light sabers for years, is just lazy writing, and it's ruined any anticipation about her "training". Like why does she even need training at this point, she's obviously been able to figure all this shyt out for herself.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Mark Hamill's kind of been shytting on these new films in his last few appearances, now he says he "fundamentally disagrees with everything they wrote for Luke Skywalker". You can see that Rey chick looking at him like :picard:

This got me kind of nervous :lupe:

After reading some of the comments though, it seems like this video doesn't give the full context. Apparently he didn't trust the direction in the beginning, but now he trusts what they're doing.