Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Half of TFA worldwide. Didn't see nearly as much hype for it online or merch in my area.
Well of course it's never going to replicate the success of the first star wars movie in a decade which was a continuation of over 30 year old story with a release a year later. But don't you think were grading a bit on a curve if you're saying a movie that did a billy and is top 10 all-time is not a phenomenon?

And yes I'm sure overall the series will see smaller box office yields but ep 9 is also guaranteed to hit a billy.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Well of course it's never going to replicate the success of the first star wars movie in a decade which was a continuation of over 30 year old story with a release a year later. But don't you think were grading a bit on a curve if you're saying a movie that did a billy and is top 10 all-time is not a phenomenon?

And yes I'm sure overall the series will see smaller box office yields but ep 9 is also guaranteed to hit a billy.

I didn't see as much hype or love for Rogue One, by word of mouth or online, that I did for The Force Awakens. It wasn't as major of an event as TFA from my perspective. It's not that serious if we disagree on whether it was a "phenomenon" or not. Not trying to derail the thread.

I agree that Episode IX will hit a billion, easily.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Finn went from this
finn-banner-poster-motion-star-wars-161785.jpg

To having only 1 frame in the teaser.

one of the greatest bait n switches :wow:

Dude is in a damn coma still.. like why even put that shyt in the trailer

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't see as much hype or love for Rogue One, by word of mouth or online, that I did for The Force Awakens. It wasn't as major of an event as TFA from my perspective. It's not that serious if we disagree on whether it was a "phenomenon" or not. Not trying to derail the thread.

I agree that Episode IX will hit a billion, easily.
That's my point. There will never be another star wars movie or maybe any movie with as much hype as TFA.

You can't replicate all of that.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie was incredibly entertaining. and yeah I'm completely fine with the obvious similarities between a new hope and TFA. same people who complain about it being unoriginal watch and anticipate every fukking superhero movie that comes out even though 99% of super hero movies are the same thing over and over and over. and TFA distinguished itself enough from ANH to not bother me. as for the "feminist agenda" I could give a fukk less. I love Rey and daisy ridley.
I wish I felt the same sentiments. I wasn't very entertained by TFA, had some potential here and there but just didn't cut it for me. And daisy ridley is nothing special, I really don't see what's to love about her. She didn't have to be super attractive but she's just annoying af. Sorry but it's bad casting for me. I'm glad it works for u, it's not like I'm rooting for these movies to fail, I just wish they took some risks.

And yes I agree, all these super hero movies are carbon copies and I don't condone that shyt, but I loved Logan.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can you make the first film in a trilogy a self-contained film in of itself? It has to end somewhere and that somewhere is going to leave a ton of questions unanswered because it's the first film in the trilogy. People fukking complained the same way about the first lord of the rings film.

:what:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
So did Luke try to teach his young jedis balance between the light and dark and they turned to the dark side?

That's why he went into hiding?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The whole training with Luke thing seems kinda pointless when the student looked like Wonder woman/ DBZ/Jedi Master in the previous film.

I wonder if they'll kill off Luke, because he's playing the same role as Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, that elder mentor jedi who ends up dying.

Not to mention, Kylo managed to kill off Luke's entire academy with his knights, but got hoed up by Mary Sue beginner. Makes Luke's academy look weak as fukk.
:ehh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Where them clowns who said Finn would definitely be a Jedi in the second movie and that him being a bytch and bag holder in the first move was simply the start of his "arc" :mjlol:

They only have Finn in one damn frame where he's knocked out like a bytch :scust:. @wire28 @Ziggiy @Box Cutta @Dr. Narcisse @loyola llothta
Calm down nikka! They'll do right by him. Trust me he'll definitely get his due in the third movie. They just setting up a hell of a story arch :mjgrin:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Calm down nikka! They'll do right by him. Trust me he'll definitely get his due in the third movie. They just setting up a hell of a story arch :mjgrin:
just wait til the third movie brehs, he's actually training in his subconscious mind as he lays there in a coma and when he finally awakens halfway through the final film he will be a jedi master.