Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
Fan fiction, fan service and a heavy dose of feminism, They are going to make the prophecy about Ray instead of Luke.:comeon:

One movie a year forever is a mistake, the quality just isn't there, Force Awakens and Rouge One where ok at best with lots of flaws.

I have little interest in the Han Solo film and definitely none in a Boba Fett one.:yeshrug:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I love Rey and Daisy Ridley as well, I think there are no pleasing some of the posters on here
I'm okay with people complaining that the storyline in TFA wasn't original enough. People let ONE aspect of a film overshadow every other positive aspect of a film. The direction and characters were great. JJ fukking MURDERED it from a directorial standpoint. Not one director on this planet could've done a better job imo. he brought back the star wars we know and love. The next two films will allow for originality in the story, not TFA.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fan fiction, fan service and a heavy dose of feminism, They are going to make the prophecy about Ray instead of Luke.:comeon:

One movie a year forever is a mistake, the quality just isn't there, Force Awakens and Rouge One where ok at best with lots of flaws.

I have little interest in the Han Solo film and definitely none in a Boba Fett one.:yeshrug:

I have no interest in the hands solo or bobba Fett movies, I wonder why they won't address earlier stories about the Jedi or sith

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
The teaser did its job! I'm hyped for this movie:banderas: Looks like some grimmey sh!t is about to go down! Looking forward to seeing how powerful Kylo Ren and Ray will become. Also wondering if Luke will battle a bit as Zi want to see him at the peak of his powers. :lupe:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
:jbhmm:

can't front...got a few chills when they ended with It's time for the Jedi...to end

I was curious about what he meant by that. I don't want to overthink it but is Luke wanting to start a "new" faction that doesn't have Jedi ties to it? I don't think Luke is committing suicide nor going to the dark side....Wait....

What if Ray is forced to kill Luke to complete her training so that she can end the Jedi? Wouldn't she become powerful after the fact? I'm wondering what is Luke's mind state at this point.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JJ did exactly what was necessary to start this trilogy in my opinion. how is the foundation JJ built not strong? introducing new characters is the most challenging part and JJ did quite well. you're literally complaining that it didn't answer every question you had, which will certainly be answered in episodes 8 and 9
What I said has nothing to do with the new characters. The problem is 90% of these questions shouldn't be questions in the first place. And these questions are plot points that don't get answered or even hinted at in the movie.

I don't mind not knowing who reys parents are, or who the Knights of Ren are, or what happened to the academy or who snoke is. But they made those things such a huge plot point to the story.

JJ was so focused on these threads for future movies he forgot to make one well rounded/developed story.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was curious about what he meant by that. I don't want to overthink it but is Luke wanting to start a "new" faction that doesn't have Jedi ties to it? I don't think Luke is committing suicide nor going to the dark side....Wait....

What if Ray is forced to kill Luke to complete her training so that she can end the Jedi? Wouldn't she become powerful after the fact? I'm wondering what is Luke's mind state at this point.
Don't think to hard about it. The line probably won't be in the movie. Like 70% of the lines from the force awakens trailer.

Remember the "There's been an awakening" line?

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Don't think to hard about it. The line probably won't be in the movie. Like 70% of the lines from the force awakens trailer.

Remember the "There's been an awakening" line?

I see what you're saying but this line is pretty significant as Luke said it under a mysterious context. Just why does he want the Jedi to end? That is what has me like:lupe:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

I don't think it's as deep as that. Sounds like something he'd say after Rey asks him to train her. Then he changes his mind or something later, idk.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What I said has nothing to do with the new characters. The problem is 90% of these questions shouldn't be questions in the first place. And these questions are plot points that don't get answered or even hinted at in the movie.

I don't mind not knowing who reys parents are, or who the Knights of Ren are, or what happened to the academy or who snoke is. But they made those things such a huge plot point to the story.

JJ was so focused on these threads for future movies he forgot to make one well rounded/developed story.
How can you make the first film in a trilogy a self-contained film in of itself? It has to end somewhere and that somewhere is going to leave a ton of questions unanswered because it's the first film in the trilogy. People fukking complained the same way about the first lord of the rings film.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I don't think it's as deep as that. Sounds like something he'd say after Rey asks him to train her. Then he changes his mind or something later, idk.

I can see it as me simply overthinking it. It was just interesting as he actually said that he wants the Jedi to end. Either way, we'll see.:obama:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
this.

do something with the Old Republic possibly focusing on Revan.

the story is compelling enough to go to film imo
Patience, they need to establish more links to the Old Republic first. I'm sure either a Bane or Revan movie will come within 10-15 years.