Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
JJ didn't cover anything in the first movie. We barley had any idea what the hell was going on in the galaxy. The importance of starting a new trilogy is setting a strong foundation for the next directors to build off of.

We had 3 movies of a rebel alliance and after episode 7 we still don't even really understand what really happened to them? Were suppose to assume the Empire just faded away and returned as if they never left. Luke is just gone and apparently he started a new Jedi Academy? Maybe? And Kylo destroyed it because Snoke? Kinda? The Force has been gone but now its back? I think?

These are the MAJOR plot points of episode 7 and then didn't even occur or touch on in the movie.

That's the problem, they are trying to push forward where we don't even know what's going on now or in the past.

The original trilogy worked because it didn't dwell so much on what happened in the prequels or pre-episode 4. It was it's own self contained story. Even episode 4 was pretty standalone-ish.

Episode 7 is purely a setting based off of events that happened off screen. You can't even go back to episode 6 to see what might be going on because its changed so drastically.

Maybe Luke gives us the missing critical events to bridge the gap....:ld:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
The whole training with Luke thing seems kinda pointless when the student looked like Wonder woman/ DBZ/Jedi Master in the previous film.

I wonder if they'll kill off Luke, because he's playing the same role as Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, that elder mentor jedi who ends up dying.

Not to mention, Kylo managed to kill off Luke's entire academy with his knights, but got hoed up by Mary Sue beginner. Makes Luke's academy look weak as fukk.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The trailer for the force awakens was goat status this one is ok

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
They are really about to bury Finn with this movie
Apparently this chick is getting paired with Finn
Kelly-Marie-Tran-Rose-The-Last-Jedi.jpg

'The Last Jedi': Meet Kelly Marie Tran's Character, Rose
They about to shyt on finn all over again in this movie
New I couldn't trust disney they clearly prioritize feminism over diversity

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I actually don't think this one will. TFA had so much hype behind it, then Rogue One came along and did well but it wasn't a phenomenon. This is the third year in a row we're getting a Star Wars movie, but the second of the current trilogy, so I expect this movie will make a lot more than Rogue One, but still less than TFA.

I expect a fall off once this current trilogy is done. They'll be pumping Star Wars movies out every year until the end of time and they'll all start making between $100-150 million tops.
Bro it's # 7 all time domestic :pachaha:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:whoo::damn:

JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER FIRST WORDS WAS:

"BREATHE, JUST BREATHE, NOW REACH OUT, WHAT DO YOU SEE"

shyt looked Dark as F*ck. IN BASE GOD RIAN I TRUST. I can already see the tone change form JJ instantly. JJ tried to basically be a young Lucas/Spielberg. Don't get me wrong, it worked for "Awakens" because they were playing it safe but creatively not much new was brought to the table. But the point JJ was doing as to bridge the old and new generations and he succeed for that but Rian has a completely different style. Guys they aren't going to show much because this is the Cliffhanger chapter of the story. As an OG Star Wars fan everyone knows my stance that Disney should of kept Lucas's original outlines. Everyone said I didn't know what I was talking about until they saw "Awakens" and JJ litterally copied George's story beats and I predicted that would most likely come to past. "Rouge One" was good but technically that was an Original trilogy film as well just with unknown characters plus they used Vader anyway even if it was limited role and a CGI Leia.

Disney is clearly appealing to us OG fans all the way through. They claim this is about "The New Generation" but that's only in characters. Everything I'm seeing is all old school Lucas. But storytelling wise Rian is closer to a young Lucas than JJ was to me. JJ has done nothing but Blockbuster films and sequels where as Rian has done small independent films like Lucas did before "Star Wars". "Looper" was the closest mainstream film he's made but that was because Bruce Willis was in it. Luke is basically Yoda and Rey is most likely is daughter. That poster with Luke, Rey and Kylo gives it away that this is the Skywalker family.

Will we get another "I am your father"? That would be a little too on the nose but after "Awakens" it's clear Disney does not want to let the fan service go. Guys this was a "TEASER" trailer, they aren't suppose to tell the whole damn movie. Some of you are so use to trailers telling everything that when you get a trailer that doesn't it's "Boring". Nope, this trailer is about to be dissected for months. This is the last Star Wars film that connects to my era with Carrie Fisher dying. "Awakens" was paint by the numbers, it was basically a soft reboot of "Hope". I think Rian is going to take more risk with the story. Based on the Teaser this is definitely the "Empire or Sith" chapter as in "The Dark" chapter. This trailer everything looked hopeless just like in "Empire Strikes Back". So I think there will be shades of "Empire" but not a straight copy of it. Now again Rian is not a "Blockbuster" Director like JJ is so expect this film to be more cerebral and have more acting than just all the action and lightsabers. I don't know if that will translate but I'm glad they chose him because he really is a very good storyteller. Call me Bias but naturally I'm going to love a Luke-Centric film. Also the poster brought me back to my childhood but it's also biting "A New Hope." but I'm sure that was done purposely as 2017 is the 40th Anniversary of the Franchise.

220px-Star_Wars_The_Last_Jedi.jpg

220px-StarWarsMoviePoster1977.jpg

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
JJ didn't cover anything in the first movie. We barley had any idea what the hell was going on in the galaxy. The importance of starting a new trilogy is setting a strong foundation for the next directors to build off of.

We had 3 movies of a rebel alliance and after episode 7 we still don't even really understand what really happened to them? Were suppose to assume the Empire just faded away and returned as if they never left. Luke is just gone and apparently he started a new Jedi Academy? Maybe? And Kylo destroyed it because Snoke? Kinda? The Force has been gone but now its back? I think?

These are the MAJOR plot points of episode 7 and then didn't even occur or touch on in the movie.

That's the problem, they are trying to push forward where we don't even know what's going on now or in the past.

The original trilogy worked because it didn't dwell so much on what happened in the prequels or pre-episode 4. It was it's own self contained story. Even episode 4 was pretty standalone-ish.

Episode 7 is purely a setting based off of events that happened off screen. You can't even go back to episode 6 to see what might be going on because its changed so drastically.
JJ did exactly what was necessary to start this trilogy in my opinion. how is the foundation JJ built not strong? introducing new characters is the most challenging part and JJ did quite well. you're literally complaining that it didn't answer every question you had, which will certainly be answered in episodes 8 and 9

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
A world of infinite possibilities, a whole universe to work with and we're still getting stories about the Skywalker and Solos. And they can't even tell the stories without heavy copy and pasting from the original works.

We're getting nothing but fan fiction and fan service.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
JJ did exactly what was necessary to start this trilogy in my opinion.
By rebooting a new hope?

The problem w. Star wars is some of you think this story is deeper than it is.. just make entertaining flicks without annoying characters and feminist agendas. Stop rehashing shyt and propell the stories into something more unique. This shyt so far is uninspired and definitely unoriginal. It's gonna make billions but so far it doesn't deserve it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
By rebooting a new hope?

The problem w. Star wars is some of you think this story is deeper than it is.. just make entertaining flicks without annoying characters and feminist agendas. Stop rehashing shyt and propell the stories into something more unique. This shyt so far is uninspired and definitely unoriginal. It's gonna make billions but so far it doesn't deserve it.
Movie was incredibly entertaining. and yeah I'm completely fine with the obvious similarities between a new hope and TFA. same people who complain about it being unoriginal watch and anticipate every fukking superhero movie that comes out even though 99% of super hero movies are the same thing over and over and over. and TFA distinguished itself enough from ANH to not bother me. as for the "feminist agenda" I could give a fukk less. I love Rey and daisy ridley.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was incredibly entertaining. and yeah I'm completely fine with the obvious similarities between a new hope and TFA. same people who complain about it being unoriginal watch and anticipate every fukking superhero movie that comes out even though 99% of super hero movies are the same thing over and over and over. and TFA distinguished itself enough from ANH to not bother me. as for the "feminist agenda" I could give a fukk less. I love Rey and daisy ridley.

I love Rey and Daisy Ridley as well, I think there are no pleasing some of the posters on here