Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
z4PIngV.gif

Just watched it like....:banderas: Day 1!!!!

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Not gonna watch until i get confirmation that Finn will actually kick ass in this movie.
A friends roommates ex husbands cousin who knows someone at disney said he wakes up from the coma at the end, saves the pawg, then gets his arms severed and goes back to sleep. But he kicks ass in episode 9. :mjpls:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
A friends roommates ex husbands cousin who knows someone at disney said he wakes up from the coma at the end, saves the pawg, then gets his arms severed and goes back to sleep. But he kicks ass in episode 9. :mjpls:
On a serious note I can see them making him suck in this one and them telling us that crap

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
In a perfect world this movie will flop, but they'll break all kinds of records....again. Them forcing feminism down the public's throat makes me kind of cynically smile that Trump got in office. And Finn's still asleep in the sunken place with dreams of Poe's dikk in his mouth.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Nothing can touch us!!! Star Wars the fukking GOAT is byke! Season of the Sicc!

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In a perfect world this movie will flop, but they'll break all kinds of records....again. Them forcing feminism down the public's throat makes me kind of cynically smile that Trump got in office. And Finn's still asleep in the sunken place with dreams of Poe's dikk in his mouth.

I actually don't think this one will. TFA had so much hype behind it, then Rogue One came along and did well but it wasn't a phenomenon. This is the third year in a row we're getting a Star Wars movie, but the second of the current trilogy, so I expect this movie will make a lot more than Rogue One, but still less than TFA.

I expect a fall off once this current trilogy is done. They'll be pumping Star Wars movies out every year until the end of time and they'll all start making between $100-150 million tops.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:mjlol:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I actually don't think this one will. TFA had so much hype behind it, then Rogue One came along and did well but it wasn't a phenomenon. This is the third year in a row we're getting a Star Wars movie, but the second of the current trilogy, so I expect this movie will make a lot more than Rogue One, but still less than TFA.

I expect a fall off once this current trilogy is done. They'll be pumping Star Wars movies out every year until the end of time and they'll all start making between $100-150 million tops.

Thats asinine breh...they all wont cross a billy, thats for sure, But look at super hero movies for instance...Star Wars and marvel and DC are all a license to print money...some will make more than others but its such a hot commodity and will forever be ingrained in peoples childhood memories, people will go out to see em cause its star wars, generation after generation.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're not leaving it as a secret. they had to stretch a storyline over three movies, y'all seem to have wanted JJ to cover everything in the first film. he had to leave topics open and relatively unexplored for the next two directors.
JJ didn't cover anything in the first movie. We barley had any idea what the hell was going on in the galaxy. The importance of starting a new trilogy is setting a strong foundation for the next directors to build off of.

We had 3 movies of a rebel alliance and after episode 7 we still don't even really understand what really happened to them? Were suppose to assume the Empire just faded away and returned as if they never left. Luke is just gone and apparently he started a new Jedi Academy? Maybe? And Kylo destroyed it because Snoke? Kinda? The Force has been gone but now its back? I think?

These are the MAJOR plot points of episode 7 and then didn't even occur or touch on in the movie.

That's the problem, they are trying to push forward where we don't even know what's going on now or in the past.

The original trilogy worked because it didn't dwell so much on what happened in the prequels or pre-episode 4. It was it's own self contained story. Even episode 4 was pretty standalone-ish.

Episode 7 is purely a setting based off of events that happened off screen. You can't even go back to episode 6 to see what might be going on because its changed so drastically.