Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trailer was okay...

They need to go ahead and finish this so we can start The Old Republic Era and see when there was REAL conflict in the galaxy.

but as far as the plot for this movie goes, its pretty apparent Rey will turn bad or something will go wrong. Because Rey wasn't suppose to be found. She wasn't suppose to find Luke. And Luke wasn't suppose to train her.

After Obi-wan died, Vader was the last True Jedi in my eyes. Luke wasn't a true Jedi, neither was Kylo or Rey.

Luke got cliff notes from Yoda, and Luke was basically winging it with Kylo.

TBH the prequels got me more hype when they came out than these did. Story and timeline wise the prequels had a lot of important events going on.

It's not good when people are more interested in what happened off camera than what was actually filmed. And keeping everything a secret is a substitute for lack luster storytelling. The whole hiding someone's true identity troupe gets annoying when its utilized for every significant character.

Rey's parents, Snoke's identity, Luke's past, etc. All artificially made into major story points due to them making them a secret. If they just told us straight up, they could build off of that to make a great supporting story.

I don't understand what major storytelling benefit they get by leaving this all a intentional secret.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trailer was okay...

They need to go ahead and finish this so we can start The Old Republic Era and see when there was REAL conflict in the galaxy.

but as far as the plot for this movie goes, its pretty apparent Rey will turn bad or something will go wrong. Because Rey wasn't suppose to be found. She wasn't suppose to find Luke. And Luke wasn't suppose to train her.

After Obi-wan died, Vader was the last True Jedi in my eyes. Luke wasn't a true Jedi, neither was Kylo or Rey.

TBH the prequels got me more hype when they came out than these did. Story and timeline wise the prequels had a lot of important events going on.

It's not good when people are more interested in what happened off camera than what was actually filmed. And keeping everything a secret is a substitute for lack luster storytelling. The whole hiding someone's true identity troupe gets annoying when its utilized for every significant character.

Rey's parents, Snoke's identity, Luke's past, etc. All artificially made into major story points due to them making them a secret. If they just told us straight up, they could build off of that to make a great supporting story.

I don't understand what major storytelling benefit they get by leaving this all a intentional secret.

That's my biggest problem with the new films. The backstory is much more interesting than what we see on screen. Seeing Kylo's turn to the dark side and the destruction of Luke's Jedi trainees, how the First Order formed, the origin of Snoke, etc would make a much better movie than what we're getting imo. Rey and Finn just aren't interesting characters to me

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps

Not a fan of it either. 30 years of people wondering what happens next and they just skip over it.

In reality there's no reason why it should be called Episode 7 because it feels like such a huge chunk of story went missing. You could argue there was a huge time gap between 3 and 4 but nothing happens in between that you can't surmount on your own. The status quo remained the same and we were just jumping ahead in time. But between 6 and 7 we are led to believe a whole lot of shyt went down and none of the characters are the way we remember them.

It would be a huge waste of time if this new trilogy's mission statement is just getting to the bottom of what happened during this time period when they could have just given us those movies instead.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battlefront 2 spoiler
it's looks like the single player takes place after the destruction of the 2nd death start from an imperial officers point of view.

Rebels should have been made during this time period to fill in some gaps. Don't show any characters from the live action series but mention them or events that are happening like the retreat of the Empire to the outter worlds, a new jedi Academy being built and ultimately its destruction.

Have a complete stand alone characters and story but in the time frame that can explain the climate of the galaxy during this time period.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Battlefront 2 spoiler
it's looks like the single player takes place after the destruction of the 2nd death start from an imperial officers point of view.

Rebels should have been made during this time period to fill in some gaps. Don't show any characters from the live action series but mention them or events that are happening like the retreat of the Empire to the outter worlds, a new jedi Academy being built and ultimately its destruction.

Have a complete stand alone characters and story but in the time frame that can explain the climate of the galaxy during this time period.
The new animated show after Rebels Season 4 will most likely be between 6 & 7

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Trailer was okay...

They're not leaving it as a secret. they had to stretch a storyline over three movies, y'all seem to have wanted JJ to cover everything in the first film. he had to leave topics open and relatively unexplored for the next two directors.