Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

aSvM1HQ.gif

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Who were Anakin’s parents? Also nobody. The subplot was her wanting to know who they were not necessarily that they were special.

Yea i thought about this point as i watched Phantom Menace last night. Anakin was a nobody little kid who was tagged to be the chosen one. And i could go along with her wanting to know who her parents were if they'd have just stopped there and left it really open ended but they didn't. They start pointing you in that direction so that it looked like they wanted to link her and Luke and the Skywalker clan. Also Anakin knew his parents and knew he was a nobody. It's weird to me that they would spend so much time building up her desire to know who she is only for that payoff to be she's a nobody from nobody parents who abandoned her. I still think they planned on(maybe even still plan on) paying off that subplot but we shall see.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yea i thought about this point as i watched Phantom Menace last night. Anakin was a nobody little kid who was tagged to be the chosen one. And i could go along with her wanting to know who her parents were if they'd have just stopped there and left it really open ended but they didn't. They start pointing you in that direction so that it looked like they wanted to link her and Luke and the Skywalker clan. Also Anakin knew his parents and knew he was a nobody. It's weird to me that they would spend so much time building up her desire to know who she is only for that payoff to be she's a nobody from nobody parents who abandoned her. I still think they planned on(maybe even still plan on) paying off that subplot but we shall see.

Well, the point I think was for it to be traumatic for Rey. She'd sat around for most of her life hoping her parents were someone special who would come back for her one day, only to find that they're dead nobodies who didn't care about her.

Who knows what they'll do in Episode 9 since Abrams will be directing again. But Johnson said that, as far as Kylo Ren is concerned he's telling the truth.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Compared to thew trilogy, the prequels ain't lookin too bad :francis:

:whoa: There’s no defending TLJ, but Force Awakens was not a bad film. It tells a coherent story, has some potentially interesting characters, has some open story plots at the end that can go in several compelling directions, uses practical effects instead of CGI a decent amount, has an interesting and previously unexplored premise with a stormtrooper defecting, does a solid job paying respect to past characters, and it’s third act sets up a sequel very well.

The prequels on the other hand suffer from a mountain of problems. They have issues like no main protagonist in the phantom menace, no main villain in it either, no explained motivation or goal for the puppet villains set up by the emperor, the WOAT love story in film history in clones, awful dialogue, no sense of the heroes ever being in real danger (in one documentary George even refers to the battle droids as useless), way over reliant on special effects such as green screen, shoving so much random shyt in the films just to make into kids toys, borrowing imagery from so many random things (part 3 of plinkett’s episode 2 review really touches on this), horribly miscast actors, threw in grievous with no introduction or explanation and then killed him off like he’s no big deal while he’s clearly meant to feel like a big deal, characters who act in manners contradictory to how they should act for the plot to make sense, constant lapses in logic and common sense, lazy camera work in sith, and then there’s Jar Jar Binks. Really the only redeeming qualities the prequels have are the podrace, the scores John Williams put together (those really don’t get the credit they should. Personally I think he did some of his best work on those), palpatine in the second and third act of sith, and the fight choreography which I found to be really pleasing to watch. Even if the characters suck, a great fight sequence can at least be enjoyable to watch.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

This shyts all over the current sequels.....granted Last Jedi didn't have that many lightsabers battles when I think about it :heh:

There was no duel at all in last Jedi :martin:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
:hhh:

Yo how TF did the resistance escape at the end? You telling me that little distraction that Luke made was enough time? And you telling me that The First Order didn't set a perimeter on the planet after chasing them there?

greenygreen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yo how TF did the resistance escape at the end? You telling me that little distraction that Luke made was enough time? And you telling me that The First Order didn't set a perimeter on the planet after chasing them there?

they set up a big a$$ cannon when they coulda just went around back and moved some rocks:childplease: and why that fortress have a big a$$ hole in it covered by rocks anyway?:mindblown:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

remember they all assumed the cave had no other exit... Luke's distraction got them enough time to get to the secret exit .. then they used hyperdrive..

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
remember they all assumed the cave had no other exit... Luke's distraction got them enough time to get to the secret exit .. then they used hyperdrive..
An old base they had that they hadn’t even bothered to see if there was a second way in or out of the entire time it existed, but conveniently follow crystal foxes through to a back door that was just blocked by rocks that nobody had ever found. The plot holes in this film :mjlol: