Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
It's not the fact that they did something unpredictable that people are mad about. It's the fact that what they came up with just SUCKS. If they actually wrote something GOOD then that would be completely different.

This.

I feel like they were setting us as the viewer to buy into Rey's specialness, like she was going to be his daughter for real. Like in my example why seemingly try to connect her and Luke and even her and Kylo only to hit us with a sike move? shyt makes no sense.

I also don't like how quickly these cool ass antagonists get dealt with so quickly Snoke and Phasma especially but i also liked General Grievous and wish he hadn't been taken out. I reckon Phasma may still be alive and i hope she comes back in IX.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This.

I feel like they were setting us as the viewer to buy into Rey's specialness, like she was going to be his daughter for real. Like in my example why seemingly try to connect her and Luke and even her and Kylo only to hit us with a sike move? shyt makes no sense.

I also don't like how quickly these cool ass antagonists get dealt with so quickly Snoke and Phasma especially but i also liked General Grievous and wish he hadn't been taken out. I reckon Phasma may still be alive and i hope she comes back in IX.
It's like sending someone on a treasure hunt, and when they finally find the chest and open it, it's just a piece of paper that reads "Got ya!":dwillhuh:

If they wanted to do something kinda unpredictable they could've made Rey a relative of Darth Sidious. She could've been his secret granddaughter or something. That was one of the possibilities I was imagining in my head. She was hidden on a desert planet out of fear of what enemies of the Empire might do if they found out her true identity.That could explain her power and why she was so prone to giving into her anger. Then it could be yes, Rey IS related to someone powerful BUT it's not who you think it is.

But the only explanation we get is that the Force just chose her to be Kylo Ren's opposite. Even though Anakin was the "Chosen One" and he still required years of training. This was just all around bad writing.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. Her parents being nobody added nothing to the story either. What was the point of building this for two movies to be like nah doesn't matter. It's just a wasted subplot at this point. You could literally take everything about Rey's parents out of BOTH movies and nothing changes. This revelation doesn't change her as person, she doesn't grow from it, she cries in hut and gets back to breaking the universe. :francis:
Exactly. If Rey's parents were nobodies then this should've been already established in the first film. And we could've just progressed from there. But they made it into this big mystery that led to nowhere. You don't spend practically two whole movies leading the audience on to some big revelation only for them to find out nothing of importance. That is very anti-climatic, to say the least.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
SW works in an established franchise.

A surprise would be "wow so the clones in the clone wars were droids and stormtroopers :ohhh:".

Snoke being powerful enough to do all that crazy shyt and connect people all over the galaxy without knowing where they are but then getting got like that was just stupid.

And then Rey, did y'all catch Rian explaining how she got that upgrade? Apparently when Snoke connected her to Kylo, she learned everything he did :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This.

Who were Anakin’s parents? Also nobody. The subplot was her wanting to know who they were not necessarily that they were special.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just thought about it.... it’s crazy how we always trash or complain about the “predictability” of movies and most cases dismiss them for that.

But ST took a chance and did something unpredictable with Snoke and Rey’s parents and we mad they don’t go the predictable route.

We as fans sometimes are never satisfied and never give them a chance no matter what they do!

:russ:

Martha
There's nothing unpredictable about Snoke or Rey being a nobody.

Snoke was a Palpatine clone from the second he showed up as a giant hologram sitting in a chair. The part that threw people off in TLJ is that he stayed a Palpatine clone. He's damn near a shot for shot clone of him

JJ's mystery box bullshyt had people on a wild goose chase trying to figure out Rey's parentage. I'll give JJ his credit though because that goose chase worked like a motherfukker. This nikka got people heated over some shyt that should have been obvious and TLJ fans praising Rian for doing something subversive and new when he just brought us back around to what Star Wars has always been about.

Anakin Skywalker - nobody slave with a connection to the force
Luke Skywalker - nobody farm boy with a connection to the force
Rey - nobody scavenger with a connection to the force

The only difference is that it took 2 movies, a bunch of red herring bullshyt, and a cheap Empire Strikes Back "reveal" moment to get back where the story should have started. Damn, writing it out like that just makes this trilogy even more trash than it already was. This shyt is really fan fiction now. George started down this path by having Chewbacca know Yoda and making Boba Fett's dad the stormtroopers and other silly shyt like that but now they're just going all in.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's nothing unpredictable about Snoke or Rey being a nobody.

Snoke was a Palpatine clone from the second he showed up as a giant hologram sitting in a chair. The part that threw people off in TLJ is that he stayed a Palpatine clone. He's damn near a shot for shot clone of him

JJ's mystery box bullshyt had people on a wild goose chase trying to figure out Rey's parentage. I'll give JJ his credit though because that goose chase worked like a motherfukker. This nikka got people heated over some shyt that should have been obvious and TLJ fans praising Rian for doing something subversive and new when he just brought us back around to what Star Wars has always been about.

Anakin Skywalker - nobody slave with a connection to the force
Luke Skywalker - nobody farm boy with a connection to the force
Rey - nobody scavenger with a connection to the force

The only difference is that it took 2 movies, a bunch of red herring bullshyt, and a cheap Empire Strikes Back "reveal" moment to get back where the story should have started. Damn, writing it out like that just makes this trilogy even more trash than it already was. This shyt is really fan fiction now. George started down this path by having Chewbacca know Yoda and making Boba Fett's dad the stormtroopers and other silly shyt like that but now they're just going all in.

Last I heard JJ had a different plan for who Rey's parents were and when Rian wrote TLJ he went his own way.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last I heard JJ had a different plan for who Rey's parents were and when Rian wrote TLJ he went his own way.

Her parents were always nobodies. We just got caught up in the mystery box bullshyt and theories when the answer was always there.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
3rd movie next year will probably suck too. Way too much shyt to clean up.

J.J Abrams preparing the script after The Last Jedi like

giphy.gif

Apparently Finn & Rey won't be separated again :mjlol: So they're gonna make sure Finn is gonna be saved by Rey like the Jobber he is.....even sad after watching Pacific Rim.....that movie was garbage too but at least it showed Boyega can work in a leading role....still think he should've been the main character ......his back story was good could've been a former stormtrooper turned jedi trained by Luke...Rey could've been there too with a interesting personality and nerfed down :francis:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Phantom Menace and AOTC look like Citizen Kane compared to TFA and TLJ....
Hurts me man, dunno breh. Attack of the Clones was A+ garbage...they were lucky they had Ewan McGregor, Samuel Jackson and Christopher Lee....Hayden Christensen:mjlol:was horrible that and the film Jumper pretty much destroyed his movie career and Natalie Portman nearly got bushed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hurts me man, dunno breh. Attack of the Clones was A+ garbage...they were lucky they had Ewan McGregor, Samuel Jackson and Christopher Lee....Hayden Christensen:mjlol:was horrible that and the film Jumper pretty much destroyed his movie career and Natalie Portman nearly got bushed.

Compared to thew trilogy, the prequels ain't lookin too bad :francis:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
watching this shyt now...why Rey and Kylo telepathing with each other?

she just fell in some dark pit :beli: and there appears to be 14 of her :what:

wait...now theyre touching?:mindblown: what is going on? :patrice:

Now she's bout to go to war with Luke? :dahell:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Both these films are better than the first two prequels. The third prequel is way better than them though.