Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
jj and their whole team fukked up. the resistance handed the first order a major l in the previous movie and kylo was nearly killed. but the new movie seemed to forget all that as it's set a few days later and the power dynamic has shifted in the first order's favor over the resistance more than the empire had over the rebellion.

I was seriously like wtf when I realised this while watching it. The prequels shyt over these new movies, the stories and world was grand vs this popcorn shyt we're being served by kathleen and team mickey.

Im trying to watch this... started yesterday. I keep pausing it and keep doing other shyt. I rly cant get into this shyt :yeshrug:
The same thing happened with rogue one. I just dont give a shyt about any of these characters. I guess i fell about SW the same way most SW fans feel about LOTR movies :yeshrug:
We need to do this we need to sneak there :pachaha:At the end of the movie the rebels will get their W and at the begining of the next one the First Order will still rule all the galaxy. And round and round it goes

That's the shyt that piss me off the most about the new trilogy. There's zero continuity in-between the episodes. I feel like I'm watching a TV series and missed last week episode.

Episode 6 ended with the empire defeated and Darth Vader dead. When it comes to movies that I'm guranteed to watch, I would not watch any trailers and sneak peak to avoid any spoilers. With other movies, it really pays off for me. But not episode 7. Episode 7 should be Episode 10. I was thinking that they're going to pick up right where episode 6 left off, and shows the rebels rebuilding a democracy Galaxy and the dark side rebounding and eventual conflict between the two sides. Nope! First order on top and the resistance on that struggle life JUST LIKE PRIOR TO THE ENDING OF EPISODE 6. It just seem like there's way too much untold story between episode 6 and 7 for episode 7 to be a sequel to episode 6.

And then they did it again with The Last Jedi. New Death Star/First Order Home base destroyed. Episode 8, First Order still top notching and got the resistance on the brink of the defeat..... Despite the conclusion of The Force Awaken. :mindblown:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Ever since they started relying on more sponsors their trailers have become softer than babyshyt.

Edit: starting to believe Disney trolling with this shyt :mjlol:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/star-wars-the-last-jedis-admiral-holdo-was-force-sensitive

Holdo "had this otherworldly side that does involve the Force.”
BY ALEX GILYADOV According to Laura Dern, Star Wars: The Last Jedi's Admiral Holdo was Force sensitive.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Dern revealed Holdo had an "otherworldly side" to her that did involve the Force. Dern spoke at length with writer-director Rian Johnson, producer Ram Bergman and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy about the character’s backstory and just how in-tune she was with the Force.

“In their minds, and in their understanding of the origin story, we know that she was a true rebel in the Resistance, and in our culture we might have called her a hippie,” Dern said. “But she was longing for peace, and a revolutionary in that way, and wanted to be trained by and led by Leia, who taught her everything she knew.

"She wanted to come up in the ranks to support Leia’s mission, but also had this otherworldly side that does involve the Force.” Rather than using a lighsaber, Holdo used the Force in a different way, directing it toward leading an entire resistance.

:deadrose::dead:

:hhh: :lolbron: :demonic:

it's like how they were pumping big brienne's character and it ended up being pointless.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
:hhh: :lolbron: :demonic:

it's like how they were pumping big brienne's character and it ended up being pointless.

Watch them twist it like "Captain Phasma was actually one of the Force's chosen ones with a higher midichlorian count than Anakin, sadly she didn't fulfill her potential (nor any role of significance in the movies)".

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
It's it possible episode 8 might be worse than episode 1 at this point? I mean I'd rather see pod racing them llama riding.

It's worse.

Episode 1 gave us Qui-Gon, Mace Windu and Darth Maul, three legit dope new characters. Podracing and a piff threeway lightsaber battle. The story was a bit clunky but it set up the next 5 movies.

What did TLJ add to the saga? The new characters were terrible, the story was a mess and there's no amazing action scenes. What I like most from the movie is two visuals - Laura Dern taking out that fleet and the crystal planet that's white/red.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i didn't dislike this movie, but man it has not stuck with me at all. i don't remember anything.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
long rant incoming

Man I like Rian Johnson. Looper is one of my favorite movies in recent memory and he’s written some good breaking bad episodes. But this was such an unmitigated disaster. This is seriously the worst movie in the franchise. The plot (or plots) was just a messy dull contradictory slog. Finn sucks. Has no purpose and is just there for comedic purposes, except he’s not funny. Boyega deserves better. Rose or whoever should not return. Lame corny character. Rey is so uninteresting it’s crazy. She might as well be a random custom character in a video game with max stats. Ren is just Anakin 2.0. The way Noke was handled was just ludicrous. This all powerful emperor who manipulated Kylo to lure Ren only to get taken out like that was so lazy and wack. Cambodian breast meat drinking Luke :heh: Where do we begin? Honestly I dug the whole jaded, disillusioned Luke deal that they hinted at at then end of AFA. But his entire subplot on that island was awful. You know what I’m done. fukk this movie. This franchise is truly overrated and I don’t even know how they JJ ABRAMS rectifies this for epi 9. Nor do I think Disney cares

Last edited:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
long rant incoming

Man I like Rian Johnson. Looper is one of my favorite movies in recent memory and he’s written some good breaking bad episodes. But this was such an unmitigated disaster. This is seriously the worst movie in the franchise. The plot (or plots) was just a messy dull contradictory slog. Finn sucks. Has no purpose and is just there for comedic purposes, except he’s not funny. Boyega deserves better. Rose or whoever should not return. Lame corny character. Rey is so uninteresting it’s crazy. She might as well be a random custom character in a video game with max stats. Ren is just Anakin 2.0. The way Noke was handled was just ludicrous. This all powerful emperor who manipulated Kylo to lure Ren only to get taken out like that was so lazy and wack. Cambodian breast meat drinking Luke :heh: Where do we begin? Honestly I dug the whole jaded, disillusioned Luke deal that they hinted at at then end of AFA. But his entire subplot on that island was awful. You know what I’m don’t fukk this movie. This franchise is truly overrated and I don’t even know how they JJ ABRAMS rectifies this for epi 9. Nor do I think Disney cares
This. All these alt-right cacs crying about too many female and non-white characters distracted from the fact that the main flaw of this movie is disastrous writing. They could have had an all female lesbian cast led by an asian transgender for all i care, if the movie would have made sense, but it didn't. It's too long, it's boring, the pacing is fukked up,the story is all over the place and basically said fukk it to everything the previous movie set up. It felt like Johnson had a chip on his shoulder trying to prove that he was better than jj abrams and wrote the script on a coke binge. Truly truly terrible movie, the only redeeming thing about it are the visuals.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
This. All these alt-right cacs crying about too many female and non-white characters distracted from the fact that the main flaw of this movie is disastrous writing. They could have had an all female lesbian cast led by an asian transgender for all i care, if the movie would have made sense, but it didn't. It's too long, it's boring, the pacing is fukked up,the story is all over the place and basically said fukk it to everything the previous movie set up. It felt like Johnson had a chip on his shoulder trying to prove that he was better than jj abrams and wrote the script on a coke binge. Truly truly terrible movie, the only redeeming thing about it are the visuals.

I’m not upset about the diversity but the way they portrayed all the main male characters in this movie was so bad. Finn and Poe were bumbling idiots. I mean POE leads a mutiny against Laura Dern, who I think literally wandered on set, after being kept in the dark while some shyt speed like plot is occurring. Then he gets smacked down by Leia who was in a comma two minutes earlier. It was like he was a petulant child. Calling him flyboy and shyt :dahell: Finn being lead around and saved by some random Asian engineer. And yet that clown killed Phasma, who is an even poorer boba fett and is basically wild e coyote status. I’m sure she will pop up in ep 9 to be humiliated again. Luke being a complete sulking weirdo who wanted or thought about killing a young Kyle. Even though TROJ had him trying to convince everyone that Vader, a more hardened sith, was worth redemption. So him just getting a glimpse of the dark side in Ren and just deciding to end him goes against everything he stands for. Kylo was of course weird. Sulky one minute. Wanting to wipe out the resistance the next. Hesitating to kill his mom next. Just a stupid character. I thought people were exaggerating but his movie sucked