Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jj and their whole team fukked up. the resistance handed the first order a major l in the previous movie and kylo was nearly killed. but the new movie seemed to forget all that as it's set a few days later and the power dynamic has shifted in the first order's favor over the resistance more than the empire had over the rebellion.

I was seriously like wtf when I realised this while watching it. The prequels shyt over these new movies, the stories and world was grand vs this popcorn shyt we're being served by kathleen and team mickey.
JJ ? Had no hand in this movie
It’s infuriating because an underlying message can be written into a great film without feeling forced, heavy handed, or pushing an agenda at the expense of a good movie. Black panther was layered in seemingly every aspect of the film, from dialogue, the stylings of clothing, the themes it explores, and the motivations of characters. Iron man to an extent and age of ultron also to an extent shows the terrible cost of large scale arms manufacturing and dealing as many of the bad events of the films are direct consequences of stark industries making and selling weapons. Jurassic Park’s underlying theme is how the the greed and arrogance of man trying to control what it doesn’t understand could very well be it’s undoing. I’ll even keep it within Star Wars in my next example.

The original Star Wars can be viewed as a microcosm of why the war on terror is a failure:

It’s the story of a young man living in the desert with his family on a farm who just wants to go to college and get a higher education and broaden his horizons before a military strike kills his family which had nothing to do with said conflict. The young man is then indoctrinated into an old religion, joins a band of rebel insurgents, and leads a retaliatory attack on a military base that kills thousands and he’s presented as the hero of the story.

With the exception of Ian Malcolm repeatedly telling John Hammond that what he’s doing is a bad idea and why it’s a bad idea in Jurassic Park, none of this is really beaten over your head in the other films. Even then, the fact that Hammond hears the warnings and disregards them is more or less the whole point. That’s what makes the message inside of a narrative work.
Exactly this movie seemed to have two points girl power and kill the last past and they seemed to hammer it over the head over and over . Like why make Holdo a interesting character ? Just to have a hamfisted sacrifice , it would of Counted more if they developed her in the movie . There's a way to develop Rose without making Finn even less capable than he was in TFA. Finn was a child storm trooper he understands slavery yet he has it explained in this movie by rose like he has no idea what's going on instead have them bond over their similar life paths

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Didn’t even finish this dog shyt, might make an effort but I really don’t even care. Most of the cast is incredibly annoying

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps

Exactly this movie seemed to have two points girl power and kill the last past and they seemed to hammer it over the head over and over . Like why make Holdo a interesting character ? Just to have a hamfisted sacrifice , it would of Counted more if they developed her in the movie . There's a way to develop Rose without making Finn even less capable than he was in TFA. Finn was a child storm trooper he understands slavery yet he has it explained in this movie by rose like he has no idea what's going on instead have them bond over their similar life paths

I meant the fukkboy who did the last jedi

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Yo...you just made me realize that Finn also had to be explained war profiteering and the effects war has on civilians, like he didn't witness a whole town get murked, which started his turn in the first place.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
TFA was New Hope remastered. It wasn't terrible, but it was far from original. JJ played it very safe with TFA. R1 was original and pretty dope.

This piece of shyt was just a huge :wtf: and had you questioning EVERYTHING about Star Wars lore. fukk Rian Johnson.
I ain't neva seen you act like that! :mjlol:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
fukked up thing is I still love Star Wars :snoop: I gotta own a copy of this piece of shyt :snoop:
Well, you atleast can view some of the dope scenes..i know im one of the few that defend it here, cause the script was a mess, and its now JJ’s time to right the ship, story wise..this movie did give great looking scenes, and shyt that made my inner star wars nerd orgasim (opening scene with the x wing, that vacuum sound effect with the hammerhead, and how great the visual of red planet under the salt). Wonder how that hour and a half documentary is:ohhh: