Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The ardent fans of this movie, the ones claiming conspiracy on RT and all that... reality isn’t going to hit them until they all see the gross for Episode IX.

If this made less then AOU then I can I easily see the next one making less then Civil War.

It won’t even have nearly the same hype as Civil War either.
I give fanboys six months to honeymoon in, before reality sets in.

Episode IX is fukked from the jump. You have a main protagonist who has defeated/outperformed your main antagonist at every opportunity. Your secondary cast is woefully underdeveloped. All the OGs are dead.

Sure you could bring Luke back as a ghost but after this movie nobody wants to see that.

Not to mention JJ is writing it. Dudes great at setups but the most remembered thing about him is that LOST had such a terrible ending.

I'm more excited to see Captain Marvel than I am to see episode 9.

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Just for the record, I went and saw it a second time and thought it was an even better experience than the first time. I can see some of the complaints about Benicio or Dohmnal Gleeson but other than that I really thought this was an excellent movie and a really revitalizing take on the star wars universe.

Different strokes I guess :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It means Kathleen Kennedy failed... :manny: No one is hyped for part 9 because the core audience has abandoned this shyt, look at all the youtube videos.. shyt is plain as day... Her and RJ should be nowhere near writing or planning this shyt... :camby:
fukk up star wars, brehs

how in the fukk do you kill all that momentum in two movies :dead:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Well, the movie came and went. Many, many people hated it. The money always gonna be there...but it might be the biggest L in a hot minute. Even bigger than JL . the word of mouf has tainted this trilogy. The Han Solo movie might be a mess too. Never seen nerds so mad.

:mjlol:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just for the record, I went and saw it a second time and thought it was an even better experience than the first time. I can see some of the complaints about Benicio or Dohmnal Gleeson but other than that I really thought this was an excellent movie and a really revitalizing take on the star wars universe.

You must be trolling. This film totally disregarded every storyline the previous one established while setting up nothing for the next one, all while the entire main plot was basically nothing. This movie writes its characters all in a manner that is entirely contradictory to how they should act and closed all their story arcs anyway. It’s the equivalent of in the two towers, basically if Sam and Frodo decide to forget about destroying the ring and go find a new city to live in and all but 2-3 people are killed at helms deep while the rest escape into the mountains (in this scenario, Gandalf never returns in the first place to even go get reinforcements to begin with) and build a new city someplace else and aragorn decides to forget about the whole being part of a royal bloodline and both Sauron and Saruman’s armies are still at full strength. All of that considered, would you have any reason to be excited about the third film in the series if that’s how the third one played out?

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
TLJ got a ton of backlash because the movie was essentially a layup all he have to do is build upon the movie, use the lore, make it visually stunning, dont put in stupid dialogues and story arcs that doesnt fit.
JJ is a fan who wrote a new story with a new villan, new conflicts new era... all RJ had to do was make it a slam dunk and HE FAILED...:mindblown:

Focus on training between Luke and Rey, Delve deeper into what Luke has been doing since the end of ROTJ, delve deeper into conflicts on why Snoke Chose Ben Solo, Answer the greater questions on who Rey's parents really was. SHOW how strong luke has become in the last battle. Flesh out Finn and Rose's characters more, Show Poe stepping up into being the leader of the resistance, Answer the question on where Snoke, came from, what does he want, why is he so strong, BUILD UPON THE LORE with the FORCE...DON'T KILL OFF LUKE SKYWALKER SO DAMNED SOON MAKE HIS DEATH MEAN SOMETHING... SHOW REY GETTING GOOD AT USING THE FORCE, SHOW WHY SHE ISN'T CORRUPTED BY THE DARKSIDE, SHOW HER GETTING NEW FORCE ABILITIES...

This movie wasnt hard to write at all... AND RIAN JOHNSON FAILED THIS shyt!!! HE HAS FAILED THIS CITY!!! :pacspit:

One thing I would change is...

It would've been better imo if Kylo Ren was Luke's son. Would've made the betrayal of Luke having to kill him hurt Kylo more because it would have been his own father doing it and it would have weighed on Luke even more that his own son had so much darkness in him that it disturbed him enough to kill him. It would ALSO explain why Luke would want to leave and live alone galaxies away afterward. It would ALSO explain why Kylo would start to resonate more with his grandfather and Plageius thinking maybe he was evil.

I'm not sure how the other chips of the story would've fell but, I would've changed that.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well, the movie came and went. Many, many people hated it. The money always gonna be there...but it might be the biggest L in a hot minute. Even bigger than JL . the word of mouf has tainted this trilogy. The Han Solo movie might be a mess too. Never seen nerds so mad.

:mjlol:
We will see. The 3rd film should be interesting. Well,not the actual film,jj is making it,but everything around the film should be.I

Traditionally the 2nd film in these all 3 trilogy has made less.

I think if anyone thought this was going to come close to tfa #s they were nuts.

The thing is,yes the reaction has been mixed at best. But is it enough for people to not go? That remains to be seen.

Solo will be very interesting. Personally I don't see it touching a billion.

If episode 9 makes less than this than the pushback was real.

Again,the Most entertaining thing about all this is watching all these online critics and shyt make asses of themselves over this film.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq

:duck:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Im just :wow: that I got Mace Windu as a kid to identify with. Cause Finn is just :mjlol:

I feel bad for the youngins.

Edit:

Hell Id even take Captain Panaka over Finn

As a kid I had Lando who owned a city and a white slave and then blew up the second fookin Death Star. In my adolescene I got Mace fukking Windu - I was there when half the fanbase tried to claim he was secretly a Sith in league with the Emperor. I was there when half the fanbase tried to claim he didn't legit defeat the Emperor and George Lucas had to come out TWICE on some :gucci::mindblown: shyt to say "yes, Mace is on Yoda/Emperor's level and he defeated the Emperor who needed Anakin to win, fukk yall talmbout?".

Now I'm here to see Finn bragging about mopping floors :shaq2:

My man Mace knocked that muthafukka to the floor like 'Fukk you and your Sith lineage':

GmHBoQ.gif

peppe

Superstar
Daps
loved the first one hated this one.

They really fukked up this one, like really bad.

I think most of the things have already been said but a bunch of interesting characters that where set up for more have all been killed for nothing.

At least in revenge of the sith we had a G.O.A.T. fight between master and student that lasted more then 10 min. In this one we get a trash one that's not even 3 min. Almost no fighting straight up trash, and then luke dies for what? NOTHING

Keylo ren is going to be the bad guy now :francis: that bytch is just trowing a tantrum, they killed snoke who could have had so much background but nope let's kill him. :francis:

Rei too instead of building the mistery around her background they killed that and just said she's a basic bytch :francis:

Finn getting a asian love interest ... i allow it :troll: but it was forced as hell :usure:

I was hyped for the finn VS phasma fight but again a straight dut :gucci: again another character killed that could have provided interesting storytelling but nope....

admiral akabar died for nothing :stopitslime:

Leila being able to survive is space had me like :gucci::dame:

This hole movie was based around a super slow chase, THE WHOLE FUKING MOVIE. It was basically the deadpool zambonie scene but bad :scust:

instead this bytch let 2/3 of her crew die when she could have gone kamikazi from the start which was her end goal anyway:hhh:

Now we have a mess of an ending with what 10-30 resistance fighters:hhh:

my girl liked it tho :yeshrug: