Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was talking to my friend about how stupid it was for Holdo not telling Poe the plan and he says it was because she out ranks him and thats how the military works.

Let me just get this out there so people stop making this comparison.

The Resistance =/= A military

They are a Guerilla Terrorist Group plan and simple. The people of the resistance can come and go as they please. They were not drafted or conscribed. These are people that are fighting for and ideology. They're the suicide bombers. They're the ones planting IEDs on warships. They're the ones recruiting felons to further their cause and more than half their fleet is stolen property.

There's a reason these guys don't represent The Republic which is the actual government.

They aren't a Black Ops group, shyt they aren't even the Inglorious Basterds. They are a independent militia fighting because they feel the Republic isn't doing enough.

So miss me with all that military etiquette/structure BS.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
If Holdo told them all the plan about how she was going to stay behind, do you think they would have tried to stop her or do their plan anyways?
Not saying you guys are wrong just curious.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
If Holdo told them all the plan about how she was going to stay behind, do you think they would have tried to stop her or do their plan anyways?
Not saying you guys are wrong just curious.

Poe's first reaction was "that's a good plan", so I think he would've done his best to just help her.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I think the problem is Johnson wrote a very weak story focused on poorly developed characters.

This.

SW has been reinvented with almost every movie, George Lucas was the first who said he wasn't interested in doing the same thing (also why he backed out of TFA).

OG Star Wars was about growing up and rebelling against evil
ESB was suddenly about dedication (to Jedi training, friendship) and introduced the Skywalker family saga
RotJ turned it into a redemption story (Anakin, Luke for walking out on Yoda, Lando for betraying Han, Han became truly selfless) and nature vs industry (Ewoks)
TPM was a political story (taxation, senate, slavery, Jedi Order, Gungan/Naboo relationship)
AotC was a love and detective story
RotS was a story about fear and failure (Jedi failed to catch Palpatine in time, Anakin failed to be 'the Jedi he should be', Padme failed her kids, Republic failed to remain a democracy, Yoda/Obi failed to kill Palpatine/Vader)

TFA repeated the themes of the OG, and as much as I dislike the repetition - it mostly manages to tell a coherent story (by copying the OG)
Rogue One is also kind of an OG repetition, but less about growing up and more about sacrifice.

The themes are all rooted in mythology moreso than Sci-Fi.

So I really don't see where this 'TLJ tried something new' shyt comes from. Like, what did Rian really do that was new?

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This.

SW has been reinvented with almost every movie, George Lucas was the first who said he wasn't interested in doing the same thing (also why he backed out of TFA).

OG Star Wars was about growing up and rebelling against evil
ESB was suddenly about dedication (to Jedi training, friendship) and introduced the Skywalker family saga
RotJ turned it into a redemption story (Anakin, Luke for walking out on Yoda, Lando for betraying Han, Han became truly selfless) and nature vs industry (Ewoks)
TPM was a political story (taxation, senate, slavery, Jedi Order, Gungan/Naboo relationship)
AotC was a love and detective story
RotS was a story about fear and failure (Jedi failed to catch Palpatine in time, Anakin failed to be 'the Jedi he should be', Padme failed her kids, Republic failed to remain a democracy, Yoda/Obi failed to kill Palpatine/Vader)

TFA repeated the themes of the OG, and as much as I dislike the repetition - it mostly manages to tell a coherent story (by copying the OG)
Rogue One is also kind of an OG repetition, but less about growing up and more about sacrifice.

The themes are all rooted in mythology moreso than Sci-Fi.

So I really don't see where this 'TLJ tried something new' shyt comes from. Like, what did Rian really do that was new?

He tried to pander to the p*ssy hat wearing feminuts who dropped hella bread on Wonder Woman last year. The movie was a horrible unrewarding estrogen bomb. Why the heck is Fin so incompetent. Why are Chinese women portrayed as braver than a black man with a established story line. Where did Laura dern stupid character come from. How is ray so talented
Ish :trash:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Wait, what was the reason JJ Abrams didn't direct this one?

I'm hoping he's playing 5-D chess and had a no name director with 2 movies under his belt to fukk up the franchise and come back as the savior and get goat director accolades on episode 9. But reality tells me this Pirates of the Caribean status right now

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm hoping he's playing 5-D chess and had a no name director with 2 movies under his belt to fukk up the franchise and come back as the savior and get goat director accolades on episode 9. But reality tells me this Pirates of the Caribean status right now

Facts hobbit LOTR level trash

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
without the core fanbase the series fails... it becomes hollow with no substance... :dwillhuh: You really want star wars to become the next transformers series???

the core fanbase is what keeps films like these alive... the core fanbase buys the toys, the games, the dvds and have conventions for this shyt...:dahell:

disney is destroying the fanbase on some feminist sjw maniphesto type of shyt... :dahell: I would have wrote the greatest star wars movie ever told... :banderas:

If the paradigm aint broke don't attempt to fix it...:ufdup: dirty ass casual filmgoers...:mjlol:

and financially this is why episode 9 will fail... :manny: if you don;t set out to write the best star wars story ever than it just becomes another hollow scifi movie with no substance....:francis:
Kathleen Kennedy needs to either use the story group or not . They chose to disregard legends and say they are making new cannon stuff . That's all good BUT then don't be suprised when you get TLJ reactions . I read the comics and books and they do good jobs expanding the time in between movies but the movies stories should make some sense with all that stuff . The story room should be able to say to RJ that umm well in the book or comic coming up have this key element is in it .

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poe's first reaction was "that's a good plan", so I think he would've done his best to just help her.

Poe has no authority nor the rank, especially since he was demoted to get answers. He only supposed to follow orders and he cannot do that and he the main reason why that entire resistance was virtually decimated. If anything he should be locked up at the very least.