Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My passion knows no bounds... :troll:

I cannot accept this movie just being decent...:what: as a star wars fan this movie was an horrific letdown...:deadrose:
On some real shyt I am jealous you see this as a big deal. It is a movie you didn't like. It happens no need to attack people who do like it.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
On some real shyt I am jealous you see this as a big deal. It is a movie you didn't like. It happens no need to attack people who do like it.

Its STAR WARS how is it NOT a big deal...:mindblown: At first I was angry but I realize that alot of y'all are bandwagon fans and casuals... y'all are NOT THE CORE AUDIENCE...:francis:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its STAR WARS how is it NOT a big deal...:mindblown: At first I was angry but I realize that alot of y'all are bandwagon fans and casuals... y'all are NOT THE CORE AUDIENCE...:francis:
You are a good fan but you would be terrible if you ran the franchise. You think Disney spent billions to appeal to the hard core fan? Don't be silly.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You are a good fan but you would be terrible if you ran the franchise. You think Disney spent billions to appeal to the hard core fan? Don't be silly.

without the core fanbase the series fails... it becomes hollow with no substance... :dwillhuh: You really want star wars to become the next transformers series???

the core fanbase is what keeps films like these alive... the core fanbase buys the toys, the games, the dvds and have conventions for this shyt...:dahell:

disney is destroying the fanbase on some feminist sjw maniphesto type of shyt... :dahell: I would have wrote the greatest star wars movie ever told... :banderas:

If the paradigm aint broke don't attempt to fix it...:ufdup: dirty ass casual filmgoers...:mjlol:

and financially this is why episode 9 will fail... :manny: if you don;t set out to write the best star wars story ever than it just becomes another hollow scifi movie with no substance....:francis:

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
without the core fanbase the series fails... it becomes hollow with no substance... :dwillhuh: You really want star wars to become the next transformers series???

the core fanbase is what keeps films like these alive... the core fanbase buys the toys, the games, the dvds and have conventions for this shyt...:dahell:

disney is destroying the fanbase on some feminist sjw maniphesto type of shyt... :dahell: I would have wrote the greatest star wars movie ever told... :banderas:

If the paradigm aint broke don't attempt to fix it...:ufdup: dirty ass casual filmgoers...:mjlol:
Without expanding the fan base then you will not have movies, comics and other all the other junk you buy. Archie comics stayed the same for 50 years and nothing changed. They changed some charters and tried different things and now got a show on the cw.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Without expanding the fan base then you will not have movies, comics and other all the other junk you buy. Archie comics stayed the same for 50 years and nothing changed. They changed some charters and tried different things and now got a show on the cw.

there's ALREADY a worldwide GLOBAL audience for star wars!!!!:mindblown: Don't you understand that???

you destroyed your core and true fanbase for fairweather fans.....:snoop: and you think that's ok??? You really think these fairweather fans gonna support the products and toys in the run up to episode 9??? :mjlol:

Dude your not realizing what happens when you piss off your core fanbase and how it will cripple your shyt... case in point xbox one reveal compared to the ps4 reveal at E3... 2013. Kathleen Kennedy is turning into that a$$hole Don Mattrick from msft...:ufdup:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's ALREADY a worldwide GLOBAL audience for star wars!!!!:mindblown: Don't you understand that???

you destroyed your core and true fanbase for fairweather fans.....:snoop: and you think that's ok??? You really think these fairweather fans gonna support the products and toys in the run up to episode 9??? :mjlol:

Dude your not realizing what happens when you piss off your core fanbase and how it will cripple your shyt... case in point xbox one reveal compared to the ps4 reveal at E3... 2013. Kathleen Kennedy is turning into that a$$hole Don Mattrick from msft...:ufdup:

That audience was getting old and is white and you know this. I am not paying 4 billion to just have white men only buying your product.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

disney is destroying the fanbase on some feminist sjw maniphesto type of shyt... :dahell: ... :banderas:

and financially this is why episode 9 will fail... :manny: if you don;t set out to write the best star wars story ever than it just becomes another hollow scifi movie with no substance....:francis:
:dead:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He's about to go on my ignore list for real...:mjlol: his arguments is bullshyt and he knows it's bullshyt... They needed to expand their audience?!!?:laff::mjlol:

That's the most dumbest shyt I've ever heard... :laff:
I already moved him there. He knows he’s making a shyt argument that makes no sense. No point in engaging the troll any further.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The best way I can describe this movie is this:

Try to imagine someone telling a joke and the only part of the joke they really know is the punchline.

So they ramble on and on not really making any sense until they get to the end and say the punchline.

The joke turns out not to be funny but its not the jokes fault its the person that's telling the joke's fault. They failed to execute a proper build to allow the punchline to have some weight to it.

Execution.
Is the key word.

People aren't disappointed that Luke is dead, or Snoke is dead, or Rey's parents aren't special. People are disappointed because the person telling the "Joke" did a very poor job so the "Punchline" didn't land very well.

Just like in comedy what people tend to find funny is something relatable to themselves. If you can't really relate to certain jokes then it might not be funny to you.

But Star Wars is not meant to be relatable at least not in the sense of modern storytelling. So when you start intertwining these meta references and ideals like "You win some you lose some" and "Sometimes your Heroes don't live up to your expectations when you finally meet them" it takes you out of the Fantasy world of Star Wars and turns it into a random Sci Fi movie.

I think on a deeper level that's where the audience split stems from. One side saw a really good Sci Fi and the other side saw a really bad Fantasy.

Rian Jonhson's mistake was that he thought sense Star Wars has lazers and space and starships that the themes should match that next level modernization that the setting aesthetically has.

But thats wrong.

Star Wars is basically Lord of the Rings in space but not in the sense of story and plot but in theme and maybe also in tone.
Basically they focused on character development and the constant struggle between good and evil.
They focused on the Journey and not the destination. Luke's final confrontation with Vader meant something because we had seen everything he's had to struggle with up until that point.

We don't need these deep, too real, modernized themes in a Star Wars movies. It's a Fantasy first and foremost. Brushed with a sci fi setting.

Star Wars even treats the Force like LotR treats magic, its rare and requires extreme discipline and knowledge. But the new movies basically say if you COULD use the force then you CAN use the force.

Which is not true to the original concept.

Also on a side note I hope they don't announce a Kenobi stand alone
I agree with about half of what your saying here. Personally I think Star wars can survive the modernization of theme. Darker more realistic themes are in vogue in fantasy. Just look at game of thrones.

I think the problem is Johnson wrote a very weak story focused on poorly developed characters. Him and KK went into this with thier own agendas that didn't translate into writing the best story they possibly could. JJ wanted to focus on Kylo, redefining Luke and subverting every expectation to leave his mark. And Kennedy wanted her feminism pushed with someone saying the words diversity in in reviews. None of these things focused on developing the characters or the plot.

Hardcore fans don't like the movie because the movie wasn't a character driven movie. It's a plot driven movie where characters did things for the sake of the plot not thier own motivations. It doesn't make you care about it's characters. We are 2/3 through the trilogy and most people don't give a shyt about the new cast as people. No one cares about Rey's struggles or conflicts. Finns is a joke and Poe is somewhere between sad and dumb. That to me is indicative of a story poorly told.

JJ and KK knew the movie was going to do well regardless so they focused on thier agenda instead of the story. They pushed thier personal motivations so hard they undercut the movie and made a sub par product. I feel like that's the long and short of it.

Last edited: