Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Poe has no authority nor the rank, especially since he was demoted to get answers. He only supposed to follow orders and he cannot do that and he the main reason why that entire resistance was virtually decimated. If anything he should be locked up at the very least.

All those deaths. Somebody got to die.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Poe has no authority nor the rank, especially since he was demoted to get answers. He only supposed to follow orders and he cannot do that and he the main reason why that entire resistance was virtually decimated. If anything he should be locked up at the very least.
Poe at the very least is a squad leader, which would correspond to a CO in a modern military. Not only that hes the best pilot in your military.

CO's are expected to improvise,and adapt and not just follow orders. Its why the Japanese and early Soviet military sucked during World War 2.

Hell even the Nazis were famed for giving their squad leaders freedom to improvise and disobey orders if it meant victory on the battle field.

When strategic vision isnt shared with the common soldier or objectives are muddled, you get shytshows like Vietnam.

Well, no wonder the resistance is down to like 5 people.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poe at the very least is a squad leader, which would correspond to a CO in a modern military. Not only that hes the best pilot in your military.

CO's are expected to improvise,and adapt and not just follow orders. Its why the Japanese and early Soviet military sucked during World War 2.

Hell even the Nazis were famed for giving their squad leaders freedom to improvise and disobey orders if it meant victory on the battle field.

When strategic vision isnt shared with the common soldier or objectives are muddled, you get shytshows like Vietnam.

Well, no wonder the resistance is down to like 5 people.

Poe WAS at the very least a squad leader. He was DEMOTED.... and the acting commander told him that he was demoted and you just follow the orders. And that is it. This dude started mutiny for NO REASON except for him to be gun-ho in a suicide mission that would of killed all of them. He wasn't going to listen to her NO-HOW. Had it not been for Leia subduing him and eventually telling him AFTER THE FACT... they all would of been killed.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Poe WAS at the very least a squad leader. He was DEMOTED.... and the acting commander told him that he was demoted and you just follow the orders. And that is it. This dude started mutiny for NO REASON except for him to be gun-ho in a suicide mission that would of killed all of them. He wasn't going to listen to her NO-HOW. Had it not been for Leia subduing him and eventually telling him AFTER THE FACT... they all would of been killed.

Also I wanted to add on to the fact that poe is a popular guy people will follow him into battle even if it means certain death he has leadership qualities but he's mad reckless the demotion was minscule. But I blame RJ for the bad writing we could have had Leia explain the plan to Poe instead of keeping him in the dark, the entire thing was sloppily written...:francis: alot of people just kept asking why didn't holdo pull Poe over and just say: listen dameron, the plan is making it to the planet crait where we'll bunker down make our last stand. The plan is to use the flagship to buy you guys sometime when the shuttles evacuate...
:mindblown: like I said it was sloppy writing..

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I saw this movie on Monday and it's not the trainwreck brehs making it out to be, though it does have flaws.

IF YOU AIN'T SEEN IT YET SCROLL AWAY I'VE TYPED THIS MEMO IN RETROSPECT AND DON'T FEEL LIKE CREATING A SPOILER TAG...

-The movie overall does seem lighter in tone than the prequel trilogy, if there's a problem with the TFA and TLJ feeling kiddish, I get it.
-There could have been more lightsaber action, at least have Luke spar with Rey during her training.
-Speaking of training, RJ made Rey too powerful too quickly, while seemingly downgrading Kylo Ren to make them a match. Like someone said, TFA saw dude shielding himself from blasters and now TLJ doesn't showcase anything indicating his power. A girl from nowhere with 48 hours of Jedi training should not be equal to Anakin's grandson. A rising threat, yes; peers, no. I think her character would develop better if she had to struggle with her gifts.
-I had no issue with Leia Force-Flying through space; she's Anakin's daughter. I also have no issue with Luke's character. Yes, he was loyal to fault in the OG trilogy...he was 20-23. This dude is 50+, seen his nephew turn dark and murder his other students, realized the parallel between Ben and Palpatine/Anakin 50 years ago and how they rose amidst the Jedi. He's a grizzled warrior who got jaded. I have little issue with his Force projection/last bow because it shows 1) his strength with the Force, 2) his loyalty emerged at the end of the day. I think Leia knew from jump that wasn't him.
-We needed the back story on Snoke, and RJ had TWO pockets of writing to deliver it as both Luke and Ben gave their renditions of how Ben turned, actually 3 because Luke had to rehash the story to Rey. I've seen Snoke's death be compared to the Emperor in ROTJ but 1) that was the end of the story to make the cipher complete, 2) a whole prequel trilogy was made that shed light on who the Emperor was.
-A lot of yall are being sensitive that Finn isn't the new Mace Windu. No he isn't a classic badass but he's not as useless as I've been seeing on here and he was better than TFA.
-Matter of fact I think both him and Kylo/Ben are seeing a slow progression over their combat abilities, it seems like Ben has raw Force strength but isn't up to par as a swordsman as the duelists before him (Vader, Obi, etc). There's definitely a feminist agenda because Rey is already a better swordsman than him. Finn should be more capable in Episode 9, since all the elder statesmen are gone he will be forced to take on a more solemn and wizened role along with Poe.
-Despite not liking how quickly Rey has ascended, I do like (if true, which I'm personally 50/50 on) how she comes from nobody. The Skywalker Saga has us forgetting that Jedi don't marry, have sex, and create children, at least not that we know of. All Jedi come from nowhere and I think TLJ reminded that of us not only with Rey, but the little boy at the end.
-The Yoda and Chewbacca appearances were cool and were enough, any more of them would just be a love fest for the 50+ y/o OG fans and probably wouldn't have actually added to the story.

If RJ creates a 3-5 year gap between TLJ and Episode 9 to give the characters some maturation and training, Episode 9 could be to this trilogy what ROTS was the the previous one and redeem the faults people find in TFA & TLJ. The key to 9 living up to expectations is doing justice to Kylo Ren and the fact that unlike Vader, he has no master.
-Flesh out Ben's true motivations, Snoke's background and how he influenced Ben to flip. Anakin flipped because his heart was big and broken, he couldn't save his mother and he needed the strength to save his wife. Why did a teenaged Ben with no war experience and loss feel the need to surpass his grandfather in strength?
-Use these 3-5 years to show that Ben has spent the time enraged at Rey being his equal and Luke finessing him with the Force body. He's the last presumed Skywalker left so show us this man's power and skill at its fukking pinnacle. Make Rey suffer dealing with this cat before the plot is resolved.

Last edited:

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So how exactly is this all gonna end I mean Rey has already proven she stronger than kylo and she beat kylo so what’s the point if they fight again ???

Unless there’s some M. Night Shamalaam twist where kylo goes light and Rey goes dark but with Disney pushing this agenda.. probably not

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also I wanted to add on to the fact that poe is a popular guy people will follow him into battle even if it means certain death he has leadership qualities but he's mad reckless the demotion was minscule. But I blame RJ for the bad writing we could have had Leia explain the plan to Poe instead of keeping him in the dark, the entire thing was sloppily written...:francis: alot of people just kept asking why didn't holdo pull Poe over and just say: listen dameron, the plan is making it to the planet crait where we'll bunker down make our last stand. The plan is to use the flagship to buy you guys sometime when the shuttles evacuate...
:mindblown: like I said it was sloppy writing..
Also the resistance hierarchy is kind of loosie goosie for the main characters So to now be be like he has no title ! It's silly

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
tumblr_p1h95mT7sc1ro9w51o1_540.jpg

tumblr_p1h95mT7sc1ro9w51o2_540.jpg

tumblr_p1h95mT7sc1ro9w51o4_540.jpg

tumblr_p1h95mT7sc1ro9w51o8_540.jpg

:russ:

:dahell:What kind of nut ass shyt is this?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So how exactly is this all gonna end I mean Rey has already proven she stronger than kylo and she beat kylo so what’s the point if they fight again ???

Unless there’s some M. Night Shamalaam twist where kylo goes light and Rey goes dark but with Disney pushing this agenda.. probably not

They blew their loads too early. Looks death and the rey/ben team up after snoke dying shouldve been in the 3rd movie with better build up. Have us convinced that snoke is so arrogant that he would never think his apprentice will turn on him especially since kylo lunges at him earlier in the movie and caught a force lightning bolt to the jaw so he know the lil nikka aint feeling him.

I wouldve liked to see luke force push an At-M6 and make them shyts fall like dominos or something epic. Like luke said tho time for this shyt to die. Unsticky this fukking thread so we can forget this movie