Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Without expanding the fan base then you will not have movies, comics and other all the other junk you buy. Archie comics stayed the same for 50 years and nothing changed. They changed some charters and tried different things and now got a show on the cw.

Star Wars is different. The core fan-base is what made PT successful, and that core taking their children to build new fans. That's what kept it alive.

This new SW is purposely aimed to gain the casuals but the casuals aren't gonna carry it. The casuals don't care about all of those off-shoot films. And once this media hype dies, the casuals are gonna move on to something else. SW needs the core to keep bringing in more fans. Media hype won't do it alone.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Finn was truely pointless in this film. His importance had absolutely zero impact on the film. Why even have him there.

What just to introduce the code cracker as the new Lando and that dumb stable sweeping cac child?

Not one plot element involving Finn was successful besides building up a relationship with him and that jughead Asian girl
Its infuriating.

THis negro was the first storm trooper to flip...and he's completely irrelevant

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Also I wanted to add on to the fact that poe is a popular guy people will follow him into battle even if it means certain death he has leadership qualities but he's mad reckless the demotion was minscule. But I blame RJ for the bad writing we could have had Leia explain the plan to Poe instead of keeping him in the dark, the entire thing was sloppily written...:francis: alot of people just kept asking why didn't holdo pull Poe over and just say: listen dameron, the plan is making it to the planet crait where we'll bunker down make our last stand. The plan is to use the flagship to buy you guys sometime when the shuttles evacuate...
:mindblown: like I said it was sloppy writing..

The best that I can come up with is that without that damn ass "not-telling-Poe" side-plot, he has absolutely nothing to do....similar to how it was when they finally told him...which I still see no point of telling him then. Shyt was over

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
without the core fanbase the series fails... it becomes hollow with no substance... :dwillhuh: You really want star wars to become the next transformers series???

the core fanbase is what keeps films like these alive... the core fanbase buys the toys, the games, the dvds and have conventions for this shyt...:dahell:

disney is destroying the fanbase on some feminist sjw maniphesto type of shyt... :dahell: I would have wrote the greatest star wars movie ever told... :banderas:

If the paradigm aint broke don't attempt to fix it...:ufdup: dirty ass casual filmgoers...:mjlol:

and financially this is why episode 9 will fail... :manny: if you don;t set out to write the best star wars story ever than it just becomes another hollow scifi movie with no substance....:francis:
:mjpls:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Good action and you understand why Kylo emulated Vader. And much like spaceballs there is no family connection between the main characters.
Actually no we don't. Luke sensed darkness building in Ben but we don't know why...he was a kid with family that loved him and no loss in his life. We've got no reason for his turn.

On a sidenote I also think Yoda's talk to Luke is why Luke went out the way he did instead of showing up physically.

Edit: I'll expound on Luke's revelation because I want to see how off or on this opinion is.

"The greatest teacher, failure is..."
Luke's lightsaber ignition in Ben's tent was bad judgment, but it was less judgment and more instinct...it was that Skywalker blood.

The blood of a man who slaughtered a Tusken Raider village to avenge his mother, and who's anger and disillusion with the Jedi crushed his wife in labor and killed her.

The blood of a man who's father was the very energy that Plageius and Sidious were getting so perverse with, that it sired a son to balance out their zeal for power.

For 2.5 seconds, Luke was the same man who naturally believed resolution was in the death of an opposing entity. In acting on his instinct to strike down this entity (Ben's connection to the dark side), he tossed out his faith in his own nephew's redemption, and failed him as a master.

Yoda's talk made him realize this failure, and put him on to the fact that Ben Solo is probably redeemable, like Anakin. He tells Leia he isn't, but he says this as an insurance policy in the case that he isn't. In his mind it's likely 50/50.

He believes it because of this; if failure is the greatest teacher, you have to try. Rey apparently doesn't need training in her usage of the Force or a lightsaber, but she needs to be taught the lesson in compassion and faith that Luke himself had to endure by redeeming Anakin.

So, in addition to my belief that Luke would not have arrived in time physically to confront Ben, and the fact that Luke may feel he was out of his physical prime and unable to best an angry, corrupted Ben in a duel, not only would a second confrontation of his nephew be a second failure, it, at this point in the training of both his surviving apprentices, would be out of his place to do so. He couldn't hold Rey's hand anymore and has to let her learn how to deal with Kylo Ren/Ben Solo with her judgment as a Jedi, whether it be the 50% chance Ben is still alive or the 50% chance that he's dead and Kylo Ren must follow. He's in a sense become the new Obi-Wan Kenobi for Rey.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Actually no we don't. Luke sensed darkness building in Ben but we don't know why...he was a kid with family that loved him and no loss in his life. We've got no reason for his turn.

On a sidenote I also think Yoda's talk to Luke is why Luke went out the way he did instead of showing up physically.
Wasnt he in contact with snoke by then:why:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Wasnt he in contact with snoke by then:why:
Was he? We're assuming so because of what Luke sensed but we don't really know. This is where giving Snoke no origin or backstory fukks up. Another thing is even if Snoke was in contact with him, what was his selling point?

Like I said in my larger review post, Anakin was a man who was all heart and needed to stop his nightmares from coming true, so he nestled under the wing of Palpatine who told him the Jedi were arrogant and fed him stories of Plageius cheating death because he knew Anakin's fear of failing both of the women in his life.

Ben had no motivation. Even if Snoke was telling him "Your uncle senses your raw power and is holding back his lessons in envy, come with me and let me show you your potential" while duping Ben into believing he's just another Jedi at first is better than nothing.