Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best way I can describe this movie is this:

Try to imagine someone telling a joke and the only part of the joke they really know is the punchline.

So they ramble on and on not really making any sense until they get to the end and say the punchline.

The joke turns out not to be funny but its not the jokes fault its the person that's telling the joke's fault. They failed to execute a proper build to allow the punchline to have some weight to it.

Execution.
Is the key word.

People aren't disappointed that Luke is dead, or Snoke is dead, or Rey's parents aren't special. People are disappointed because the person telling the "Joke" did a very poor job so the "Punchline" didn't land very well.

Just like in comedy what people tend to find funny is something relatable to themselves. If you can't really relate to certain jokes then it might not be funny to you.

But Star Wars is not meant to be relatable at least not in the sense of modern storytelling. So when you start intertwining these meta references and ideals like "You win some you lose some" and "Sometimes your Heroes don't live up to your expectations when you finally meet them" it takes you out of the Fantasy world of Star Wars and turns it into a random Sci Fi movie.

I think on a deeper level that's where the audience split stems from. One side saw a really good Sci Fi and the other side saw a really bad Fantasy.

Rian Jonhson's mistake was that he thought sense Star Wars has lazers and space and starships that the themes should match that next level modernization that the setting aesthetically has.

But thats wrong.

Star Wars is basically Lord of the Rings in space but not in the sense of story and plot but in theme and maybe also in tone.
Basically they focused on character development and the constant struggle between good and evil.
They focused on the Journey and not the destination. Luke's final confrontation with Vader meant something because we had seen everything he's had to struggle with up until that point.

We don't need these deep, too real, modernized themes in a Star Wars movies. It's a Fantasy first and foremost. Brushed with a sci fi setting.

Star Wars even treats the Force like LotR treats magic, its rare and requires extreme discipline and knowledge. But the new movies basically say if you COULD use the force then you CAN use the force.

Which is not true to the original concept.

Also on a side note I hope they don't announce a Kenobi stand alone

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yoda was a fukking legendary jedi master even from when he initially met Luke in episode 5.... I can believe it...:ld:

Even Yoda himself said it's not the size that matters, IT's WAS WRITTEN BY fukkING GEORGE LUCAS... IT WAS CANNON YOU IDIOT...

Why are you trolling me???:dahell: STAHP...

NOW THAT'S HOW YOU TRAIN MUTHAfukkA... YOU SHOW IT!!! TO MAKE THE AUDIENCE BELIEVE THE HERO CAN USE HIS SKILLS... fukk RIAN JOHNSON...:pacspit:

So you name yourself after the order that killed many Jedi?

Anyway it seems to me that jj gave ray the power boost and rian was running with it and took her powers to its logical conclusion.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So you name yourself after the order that killed many Jedi?

Anyway it seems to me that jj gave ray the power boost and rian was running with it and took her powers to its logical conclusion.

What I named myself after is irrelevant...:EmpGood: I am a machine....

Jokes*

Anyways... I believe JJ was going in the direction of Rey being a Gray Jedi but Rian Johnson fukked that shyt all up with this bullshyt movie by breaking the fukking lore of it and disregarding cannon... You cannot just USE the force, it DOES take training... that is what people these casual movie goers Don't understand.:mindblown:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I named myself after is irrelevant...:EmpGood: I am a machine....

Jokes*

Anyways... I believe JJ was going in the direction of Rey being a Gray Jedi but Rian Johnson fukked that shyt all up with this bullshyt movie by breaking the fukking lore of it and disregarding cannon... You cannot just USE the force, it DOES take training... that is what people these casual movie goers Don't understand.:mindblown:
Maybe the force was using her to bring back balance.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Yoda was a fukking legendary jedi master even from when he initially met Luke in episode 5.... I can believe it...:ld:

Even Yoda himself said it's not the size that matters, IT's WAS WRITTEN BY fukkING GEORGE LUCAS... IT WAS CANNON YOU IDIOT...

Why are you trolling me???:dahell: STAHP...

NOW THAT'S HOW YOU TRAIN MUTHAfukkA... YOU SHOW IT!!! TO MAKE THE AUDIENCE BELIEVE THE HERO CAN USE HIS SKILLS... fukk RIAN JOHNSON...:pacspit:

40 seconds of meditating was all we got :dead:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I am very passionate about movies I love...:troll:

And besides go on youtube I'm not the only one losing their shyt over this movie...:manny:
Yeah and people are also acting like a jack ass but that doesn't mean i should start acting like one