Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
In some ways they are, in some ways they aren’t.

The ideas in the prequels were loftier and the scores were more memorable. They were just horribly made movies.

I think the disney sequels are better made movies technically, but the plots and ideas are just bootleg rehashes.

But both the prequels AND sequels are both incredibly pre-occupied with the originals to a disastrous fault.

Rogue One is actually the only SW movie since the OT I was able to enjoy on its own terms. Everything else has left me incredibly sour.
Yeah the prequels were written by George Lucas :lolbron: who was out of touch by that point, (Attack of the clones....:snoop:) Revenge of the sith was alright........
But JJ Abrams got his work cut out for him with the 3rd film:pachaha:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I understand they going to make money regardless(because of the name) but this deep dropoff is telling and most likely hurt them in the long run in the next few films just like the terrible DCEU films set up

BVS made alot money but that drop off told us what would the next few DCEU film box office numbers would lead to with that type of film making *Justice League *

Clearly the Starwars film division have no plan lets just wing it
Breh if khaleesi and childish Gambino see diminishing returns because of this travesty RJ made I'm gonna be pissed.

They don't deserve to suffer for his FUKKERY:mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I understand they going to make money regardless(because of the name) but this deep dropoff is telling and most likely hurt them in the long run in the next few films just like the terrible DCEU films set up

BVS made alot money but that drop off told us what would the next few DCEU film box office numbers would lead to with that type of film making *Justice League *

Clearly the Starwars film division have no plan lets just wing it

Agreed, specially on the part of them just winging it. As much as I liked TLJ it's undeniable that there was little to no planning on the overall direction of the story. Hell, RJ was finishing the script when TFA was in production and ep. IX doesn't even have a green light on the script yet :dead:

It's gonna take some work to ease the backlash in two years for IX but fans are pretty forgiving at first. As divisive as BvS was, Warner followed it up with Suicide Squad, which was even worse, and STILL did a ton of money. It wasn't until then AND all the problems JL had before it even hit theaters that the faith in the DCEU was low enough for it to affect the whole franchise and it's money. Star Wars also doesn't have a Marvel that has fans reminding how those movies "should be" (for better or worse) and giving fans more feel good than it's counterpart.

Besides, as much as some people hate this now that they've seen TLJ, Disney does have a plan for the next trilogy and won't make those set of movies as the go along as with 7-9.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
They are going away from the Skywalker story/saga. They can do whatever the fukk they want in that universe. Which will also piss off hardcore fans because they will retcon a lot of beloved stories. When they do an Old Republic era movie/trilogy people are gonna be mad as hell that they don't follow KOTOR step by step :heh:
People gotta accept the fact that that shyt never happened. People are all complaining about inconsistencies with a canon that no longer exists. When you got billions you can erase history.

The Old Republic doesn't even exist. There is ZERO canon for anything that happened before Episode 1.
Agreed, specially on the part of them just winging it. As much as I liked TLJ it's undeniable that there was little to no planning on the overall direction of the story. Hell, RJ was finishing the script when TFA was in production and ep. IX doesn't even have a green light on the script yet :dead: .
That's JJ Abrams, man :heh: RJ said all those loose ends he left in TFA JJ had ZERO plans for. Man been pulling this since Lost and ain't a damn thing changed. God help us with what sort of mythos he'll develop and leave hanging in the wind in 9. Though JJ says he loved TLJ's script so lets see how he builds from it.

I'm still EXTREMELY excited for Rian's own trilogy.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
People gotta accept the fact that that shyt never happened. People are all complaining about inconsistencies with a canon that no longer exists. When you got billions you can erase history.

The Old Republic doesn't even exist. There is ZERO canon for anything that happened before Episode 1.

Agreed.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
This movie really made me appreciate Kevin Feige

Even in the same production house no one is able to successfully buoy a franchise inwardly and outwardly like this man. These new Star Wars films are off the rails creatively already after 2 short years. Thats DCEU tier

Cant wait for tellall Feige book

Edit: actually Rian and JJ admitted that it was never on rails. Now thats stupid

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What is Finn's skill set other than being a bytch ass nikka?

At least give the guy blaster skills, I mean he IS black, make him good at shooting a gun atleast, my god....
This some good ignorance right here. I fux with this :laff:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
This movie really made me appreciate Kevin Feige

Even in the same production house no one is able to successfully buoy a franchise inwardly and outwardly like this man. These new Star Wars films are off the rails creatively already after 2 short years. Thats DCEU tier

Cant wait for tellall Feige book

Edit: actually Rian and JJ admitted that it was never on rails. Now thats stupid

Like who ask for han solo movie?shyt you cant even build the new characters(finn, poe, and rey) up right

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I can accept that none of it's canon anymore but I don't wanna see cheap b*stardized versions of EU shyt.

Finn started of basically like kyle cartarn.
Kylo = jacen solo
Luke= EU Luke.

I see what they did here and all these characters suck. I don't want them having Revan, Darth Bane, or Kreia to the list. I don't want them added to shytty character lists.:mjcry:

All the recent star wars films suffer from weak characters. And rouge one the only one with a decent and "original" plot. I feel like Disney should stop figure out how they wanna approach this before they end up the next DCEU.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

That's JJ Abrams, man :heh: RJ said all those loose ends he left in TFA JJ had ZERO plans for. Man been pulling this since Lost and ain't a damn thing changed. God help us with what sort of mythos he'll develop and leave hanging in the wind in 9. Though JJ says he loved TLJ's script so lets see how he builds from it.

I'm still EXTREMELY excited for Rian's own trilogy.

I get all that but that's on Kennedy stepping up and giving the whole arc some direction from the get go. She's been meddling with every director/writer besides Johnson but she didn't do shyt for the damn beginning of it all :mjlol:

I can't wait to see what RJ does with free reign and no "baggage" within the SW universe :ohlawd:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can accept that none of it's canon anymore but I don't wanna see cheap b*stardized versions of EU shyt.

Finn started of basically like kyle cartarn.
Kylo = jacen solo
Luke= EU Luke.

I see what they did here and all these characters suck. I don't want them having Revan, Darth Bane, or Kreia to the list. I don't want them added to shytty character lists.:mjcry:

All the recent star wars films suffer from weak characters. And rouge one the only one with a decent and "original" plot. I feel like Disney should stop figure out how they wanna approach this before they end up the next DCEU.
man I love the jedi knight games it damn shame how water down finn is compare to kyle katarn .