Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Off topic but do anyone know how i can get the og unaltered trilogy on blu ray
I think the only way would be to find them despecialized joints and burn'em onto a Blu-Ray.

I remember years ago (before mouse bought the franchise) they were claiming they were gonna release the OG's on BR

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I think the only way would be to find them despecialized joints and burn'em onto a Blu-Ray.

I remember years ago (before mouse bought the franchise) they were claiming they were gonna release the OG's on BR
Where do i findem?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get the excuses how you don't need to know about snoke or it's not important to Rey and plus you never learned about the emperor or it was not time in the movie .
Snoke was positioned as important by the movies ( well tfa) . I don't need a Wikipedia page for the guy but he was monologuing in the movie , a line or 2 from characters discussing the guy and his rise was fine . The og trilogy didn't discuss the empires rise but showed that Vader and the emperor were special as force users are rare in this time and Luke was important . So a random force user who's so powerful he corrupted Kylo from the womb and managed to make Han Solo and Luke skywalker run away is a big deal . NOW I understand about that Kylo is the focus but part of becoming Kylo is intertwined with snoke . I didn't write the movies or books so don't include it if you don't want me asking for follow up . Also don't do things like the legend of Luke skywalker and from a certain point of view and get mad when people want backstory .
In terms of Rey and Kylo , in discussing his switching of sides from Jedi to first order she'd ask something ! Like oh so you left the Jedi temple after Luke tried to kill you why not go tell your mom , or go do yoir own order . Why join snoke ?? also if he's not a sith or Jedi what was he training him in ?

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One gripe I kinda have with the new trilogy as a whole is how they make use of the force.

You used to need specialized training to do anything next level with the force. Without training force sensitive individuals usually had minor precognitive abilities and advanced reflexes. That's it! An example was Anakin when Qui Gon found him and Chirrut Imwe from Rogue One. Chirrut is a prime example of an individual that is force sensitive but has never had any proper Jedi training in the force. The force enhanced his martial arts skills and reflexes but that's really it.

This is why you never saw random force sensitive people all over the galaxy jumping 20 feet in the air and off walls shooting lighting at each other.

The Jedi were the only ones that knew how to harness the force and take it to the next level.

Kid Anakin Skywalker on tatooine with a bazillion or whatever mediclorians, more than Yoda at the time still wasn't doing crazy shyt with all that force power. All he could do was race podracers and he wasn't even really that good at that. Anakin knew what the force was and knew who the Jedi were so its not like he had no knowledge of what the Jedi could do. But it didn't matter because without specialized training you can only do so much with the force.

So when I see Rey able to force pull a Lightsaber to her hand or even do a Jedi Mind Trick it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. She has received ZERO training in the force. Jedi Mind Trick is like Master level technique how the fukk can she do that?!?

Also the force isn't the fukking Avatar State or SSJ mode. You can't just turn it on in the middle of a fight and be awesome.

So as cool as the broom kid scene was the force isn't some X-men super power that your born having all the capabilities available to you. You have to commune with the force and train your mind, body and spirit to even be able to lift a simple object. but honestly now whats the point of training if you can do anything with out it.

Every force ability Rey has done she's done because she saw or as heard that Jedi can do it. I won't be surprised if shes shooting lighting and force projecting to different planets aboard the falcon next episode.

But it's little things like this that the Disney Star Wars Lore Masters or whatever should be keeping in check so the directors don't come along and retcon the passed 40 years of star wars just so they can make a shytty movie.

No boundaries on the force at all anymore:francis:. They gone have her flying or some shyt next movie.:mjlol:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Help me out here. Visually they made it clear that Finn was going to melt trying to hit the mini death star battering ram. The cannons on the speeder melted like butter and he had no real angle on the cannon. Plus Poe explicitly says its a suicide run and that it was too late. To make it extra clear that he wasn't going to do any major damage, Chunky Butt tells him that he shouldn't try to kill who he hates but save who he loves.

With all that visual information and dialogue the only conclusion that makes sense is Finn had already given up on life after becoming "rebel scum" like 10 minutes ago. Unless Finn is retarded he has to know that he's going to sacrifice himself for no reason and yet his poorly written ass still wants to do it.

Why the fukk does Rose have to remind the guy whose done nothing but risk his sorry ass life for Rey during TFA that he should fight for the ones he loves?
Why the fukk wasn't sacrificing his life on Crait Finn's attempt at saving who he loves which is the 12 nikkas still alive in the Resistance and instead position as being done out of hate?
Why is this character who just fully committed to the Resistance during the Phasma fight still on blind hate mode for a bunch of kidnapped child soldiers which is a group he was a part of not even 3 days ago based on the timeline of events?

The fukk was Rian Johnson thinking?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
One gripe I kinda have with the new trilogy as a whole is how they make use of the force.

You used to need specialized training to do anything next level with the force. Without training force sensitive individuals usually had minor precognitive abilities and advanced reflexes. That's it! An example was Anakin when Qui Gon found him and Chirrut Imwe from Rogue One. Chirrut is a prime example of an individual that is force sensitive but has never had any proper Jedi training in the force. The force enhanced his martial arts skills and reflexes but that's really it.

This is why you never saw random force sensitive people all over the galaxy jumping 20 feet in the air and off walls shooting lighting at each other.

The Jedi were the only ones that knew how to harness the force and take it to the next level.

Kid Anakin Skywalker on tatooine with a bazillion or whatever mediclorians, more than Yoda at the time still wasn't doing crazy shyt with all that force power. All he could do was race podracers and he wasn't even really that good at that. Anakin knew what the force was and knew who the Jedi were so its not like he had no knowledge of what the Jedi could do. But it didn't matter because without specialized training you can only do so much with the force.

So when I see Rey able to force pull a Lightsaber to her hand or even do a Jedi Mind Trick it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. She has received ZERO training in the force. Jedi Mind Trick is like Master level technique how the fukk can she do that?!?

Also the force isn't the fukking Avatar State or SSJ mode. You can't just turn it on in the middle of a fight and be awesome.

So as cool as the broom kid scene was the force isn't some X-men super power that your born having all the capabilities available to you. You have to commune with the force and train your mind, body and spirit to even be able to lift a simple object. but honestly now whats the point of training if you can do anything with out it.

Every force ability Rey has done she's done because she saw or as heard that Jedi can do it. I won't be surprised if shes shooting lighting and force projecting to different planets aboard the falcon next episode.

But it's little things like this that the Disney Star Wars Lore Masters or whatever should be keeping in check so the directors don't come along and retcon the passed 40 years of star wars just so they can make a shytty movie.

And building off what you said, every Jedi couldn't even do everything. They all had their specialties, and even if they knew how to do other stuff, they were proficient, especially to the point of doing some of the ish Rey was doing. Hell, they all took Ls because they weren't as good as someone else was with other things, even Yoda.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
This movie really made me appreciate Kevin Feige

Even in the same production house no one is able to successfully buoy a franchise inwardly and outwardly like this man. These new Star Wars films are off the rails creatively already after 2 short years. Thats DCEU tier

Cant wait for tellall Feige book

Edit: actually Rian and JJ admitted that it was never on rails. Now thats stupid
This is a Marvel influenced Star Wars movie. It's no different

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

yeah its amazing, rey is literally the only Jedi we have seen who was able to use the force and a lightsaber so easily without any training.

the way they had rey wield the lightsaber in tfa it looks like she could have taken down yoda, darth sidious, mace windu, palpatine , vader, ventress and obi wan

then in this movie shes taking on elite Praetorian Guards and wielding the lightsaber like she's a 30 year vet :childplease:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I get all that but that's on Kennedy stepping up and giving the whole arc some direction from the get go. She's been meddling with every director/writer besides Johnson but she didn't do shyt for the damn beginning of it all :mjlol:

I can't wait to see what RJ does with free reign and no "baggage" within the SW universe :ohlawd:

The first reason why this whole feminist sjw in superhero movies shyt is silly is that.
girls do not buy action figures and vehicles.
The amount of toys sitting on the shelf and the b*stardizarion of America's highest silver screen drawing lone hero in Luke Skywalker is telling of the type of damaging androgynous end game to feminist based propaganda. That in all this the first question that should be asked is,...
Do young girls play with action figures and vehicles.
Or was it the overwhelming windfall of male children in the most popular sweet spot demographic of 13-35 male that America covets. This whole shyt does not even make sense from a basic economic standpoint.
As star wars should be marketed to everyone with its overall scope.
Yet to sell the most overall products.
You need to at least have a dominant male hero to sell products.
This whole homer Simpson broken old man cause my mami left me angst from divorce Gen handling large licensed properties.
Is the same mishandling in admin that lead to marvel comics.
that once had a star wars license as well.
To also have to sell to Disney and now currently at marvel under Disney.
This same direction is currently failing marvel comics and if since it continues in star wars.
Will continue into the depths of a dying declining draw.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yeah its amazing, rey is literally the only Jedi we have seen who was able to use the force and a lightsaber so easily without any training.

the way they had rey wield the lightsaber in tfa it looks like she could have taken down yoda, darth sidious, mace windu, palpatine , vader, ventress and obi wan

then in this movie shes taking on elite Praetorian Guards and wielding the lightsaber like she's a 30 year vet :childplease:

Looney toon pocket story telling.
It is bullshyt, and our Gen easily progressed past that in cartoons like captain harlock to robotech in just cartoons that aired on free tv back then.
The mother's groups have really ruined America with this feminist to androgynous sjw propaganda bullshyt.

Art Barr