Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This movie was so poorly written they didn't even have a scene showing luke reacting to finding out his best friend of 40 years was murdered by kylo who he failed to train.

:gucci:

No disturbance in the force or any of that.

Just more looney tunes story telling where bugs bunny can reach in an acme hole or his pockets and pull out any solution.

That is how fukk'n stoopid this is.

This movie does not even understand it missed out on this film just being solely about rey...being on an island with luke doing mad Jedi shyt that makes sense. Instead we get a jazzercise routine of an untrained rey still not being taught by luke Skywalker.

This movie needs a sticker that say:

STAR WARS : MADE BY ACME

Art Barr

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Considering all the problems Kennedy has had with writers/directors, I wonder how she's going to react to this for ep.9. Specially considering the only person she's had no issues with is Rian Johnson.

Last Jedi gonna do a fukk ton of money regardless but by being so divisive there's ground to cover to re gain all the pissed off fans. JJ and the other dude writing IX gonna see their script analyzed and changed like a motherfukker, and who knows about reshoots :lolbron: :lolbron:

RJ on the other hand has complete freedom to create a new trilogy/story that wont have to answer to fans expectations and attachements to iconic characters. Breh probably like :ahh: right now
No! fukk no! Get RJ the fukk up out of here. I don't need 3 damn meta narratives about star wars. Get KK ass out of here too. They gotta go.:camby:

They need to get Drew Karpyshyn to write them out a screenplay for all 3 movies. Get Laurence Kasdan to write some dialogue. Find any halfway decent director (Colin Trevorrow) and a producer that will let those people work.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No! fukk no! Get RJ the fukk up out of here. I don't need 3 damn meta narratives about star wars. Get KK ass out of here too. They gotta go.:camby:

They need to get Drew Karpyshyn to write them out a screenplay for all 3 movies. Get Laurence Kasdan to write some dialogue. Find any halfway decent director (Colin Trevorrow) and a producer that will let those people work.

Personally they should have gave this movie to the guy who cared the most and who should have been given superman and then after he did superman well,...he would have went and did an incredible job on star wars.

That man was Kevin smith.

For them to front on the next best real world dialogue guy who was basically more or less born to be that next Lucas meets Tarantino dialogue guy from the grassroots nineties.

For them to not use the guy who pretty much is the right choice for this movie is what is wrong just to start off with.

Especially after he wrote daredevil.
Kevin smith would have asked for help from his film director mentors on dealing with the studio to getting everything right. That real talk, it is a grassroots slap in the face Kevin smith was not asked to do superman and star wars.
As I know with the real resources and budget. Kevin smith would have had the right people and mentors and creators to help this from being this type of disaster.

Art Barr

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Luke can not have a relationship with kylo as a dead light force Jedi.
Do you even know wtf you are talembout?
Or are you talembout more rian Johnson hack storytelling like the bullshyt weirdness looper is. To an additional eight hours of movie film time. additionally added onto a movie franchise that already wasted six hours of screen time. That did not effectively explain how a light force dead Jedi could talk to dark force Jedi from the grave through the force. Yet had Leia use the force to live in the cold dark reaches of space. Then superman that ho back into the blown up shrapnel filled hull of a spaceship. Then open an airlock with no depressurrized cabin and everyone live as she falls into their arms. With an airlock open and a busted ship hull and no ship repair function or shielding explanation. to explain how everyone else keeps from dying in that exchange from the reality of space. When just this year we saw in their film house shyt like this explained visually in guardian of the galaxy when a ship hull breaks. We see a shield make its apparent safety shielding. In star wars from the same filmhouse dealing with space. We see the definitive action space franchise not explain this. Plus add another layer to the super powers of the force with no explanation. Which is so preposterous. Including shows no idea how to market or storytell. Let alone understand product marketing placement dynamics. That say if you create something in a film of that magnitude. You have to explain how that occurs. Simply because that is a super power that has to be explained.
As it can be marketed as a component to draw for a profit. Plus, this is a component that has to be monetized because it is another superpower and that creates another license and to sell that license and monetize it fully. It has to be explained. With this series you and Johnson are actually trying to add components to star wars. While not even giving them film screen time service to do so. It is a what if variety meets old school dc superman and batman have new abilities.
Pulled out of a looney tunes pocket utility belt. Whenever the plot has been written into nonsensical territory for those characters. It is the exact reasons why dc movies and dc characters fail and are called phoney. It is because the character are not tied down to any actual psychology. that makes sense to the current existing content in the license.
The problem with this thinking is we know it does not work. To elongate a draw for a license. Of which we have watched dc continue to fail. That now star wars is now occupying the same space. While also being dangerously close to marvel as well. While also inhabiting Disney and their licenses as well. Which is dangerous because if marvel and Disney license start to emulate looney tunes from Warner character based resolution. Well that will pull Disney and marvel into the depths of phoney hell dc and Warner can not escape. thus flirting and putting both Disney and marvel license in the same failed draw arena Warner and dc occupy. That is why star wars Rian Johnson based stories are stoopid as fukk. Not to mention this same looney tunes pocket storyboard dynamic in story telling ruins the draw of Warner bros and dc right now.
Either you don't know this exist as completely stoopid as fukk. Or you think Warner looney tunes pocket solutions in a real world universe is cool for a license based and rooted in real world space dynamic and grounded mysticism will continue to draw. If you think so. Then you would be in ruin because that is why dc has to relaunch all their properties.
every time they ruin their relaunch with this storyboard looney tunes pocket based ideals in storytelling.

Right now, because of looney tune pocket storytelling. Dc is on the third relaunch of batman in less than a decade. With your storytelling ideals. We would have to sit through a new retelling of the star wars universe every year for every one of these yearly movies.

Of which would ruin the franchise and licensing. That we have seen dc and Warner never grasp. Now, Disney and star wars are in danger of destroying their draw. in the same manner as Warner and dc with looney tunes pocket based story telling. That even people who don't know any better and never seen that type of story telling bring on the destruction of a draw to a property.
That is a complete admission of your disconnect. Plus it shows the same disconnect Rian Johnson has and why this movie is rated the same as jon carter. With a payola based critic score that makes no sense. As the critics have resorted to their own looney tunes pocket verse rating system for Disney themselves.

Art Barr

fair enough. you make valid points.

i didn't know about the force image projection across galaxies so i don't know all of the jedi tricks out there. luke told kylo he'll see him again so i'm going off that. you seem like an OG SW fan so fair enough.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Btw why do my heroes have to be depressed losers.

First they make Superman an emo bytch who doesnt like being superman, now got hyper never give up Luke Skywalker acting like an emo bytch wanting to die.

Whats next, Goku dont like fighting anymore?

fukk outta here.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fair enough. you make valid points.

i didn't know about the force image projection across galaxies so i don't know all of the jedi tricks out there. luke told kylo he'll see him again so i'm going off that. you seem like an OG SW fan so fair enough.

Preciate it,...handshake!

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

First they make Superman an emo bytch who doesnt like being superman, now got hyper never give up Luke Skywalker acting like an emo bytch wanting to die.

fukk outta here.

Thank you, thank you!

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps

fukk outta here.
It's post modernism in super hero films. They deconstruct super heroes by changing their personalities and character traits to seem more "human". Take a individual make him a bytch by having him act out of established character and pretend your pushing the genre forward. It's the new Hollywood in thing apparently.

What do yall think though? It's a given this movie gonna make bank but do you think this is Man of steel where it's the beginning of the end of a franchise? Or is this age of Ultron and everything will be fine when Han Solo drops?:yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Or is this age of Ultron and everything will be fine when Han Solo drops?:yeshrug:

I think Han Solo will do the least out of all of them. NOBODY is interested in seeing anyone other than Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams doing Han and Lando.

Isn't Han Solo competing with Avatar 2 or some shyt? :russ:

Why Disney thought Han needed a movie :mindblown:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Why would I read the books of this series and they said my previous readings from 1984 till they acquired this franchise did not matter.

So how are you citing the books.
when they even took away the power of the books as source material for more than a quarter century plus of literary source material.

Not to mention, it is obvious they do not respect their brand of source material because it is not even included visually in the content of close to six plus hours of screen time already in four years or so.

Art Barr
Thank You. Fuk all that buy the book is "canon" nonsense

I cant believe people that shyt