Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Like who ask for han solo movie?shyt you cant even build the new characters(finn, poe, and rey) up right

They didn't even have the balls to try and really continue Han's story.

"OK so he's settled down now, a legit rebel leader and selfless :jbhmm:.....

Let's make him a scheming doublecrossing smuggler again :gladbron:"

That's why I'm not shocked by this Luke fukkery, they fukked Han over last episode :yeshrug:

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
I hate to get dragged into discussion about this mediocre movie but you all know there's a difference. A New Hope came with a fully established universe with an evil empire already in place, one that the audience at the time could even assume existed long before its current rulers (the Emperor and Vader) came into play.

So it makes sense that we don't know where they came from, just as the fact we don't need to know where Hans Gruber came from in Die Hard to make him the man he is.

TFA and this however are direct follow-ups to the OG trilogy so to have an all-powerful character present without explaining how he rose to power following the events of RotJ just feels off. I mean, they could've given him as much as a single line about how he had to crawl out of the ashes of the emperor's failure to explain that this guy at least existed during the OG trilogy's events.

Apparently this is too much to ask from the movie directors :russ:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
This movie really made me appreciate Kevin Feige

Even in the same production house no one is able to successfully buoy a franchise inwardly and outwardly like this man. These new Star Wars films are off the rails creatively already after 2 short years. Thats DCEU tier

Cant wait for tellall Feige book

Edit: actually Rian and JJ admitted that it was never on rails. Now thats stupid
Yep yep

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't even have the balls to try and really continue Han's story.

"OK so he's settled down now, a legit rebel leader and selfless :jbhmm:.....

Let's make him a scheming doublecrossing smuggler again :gladbron:"

That's why I'm not shocked by this Luke fukkery, they fukked Han over last episode :yeshrug:

They even made him walk out on Leia AGAIN an he lost the falcon AGAIN! Dude didn't change in 30 years.:mjlol:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Off topic but do anyone know how i can get the og unaltered trilogy on blu ray

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People gotta accept the fact that that shyt never happened. People are all complaining about inconsistencies with a canon that no longer exists. When you got billions you can erase history.

The Old Republic doesn't even exist. There is ZERO canon for anything that happened before Episode 1.

That's JJ Abrams, man :heh: RJ said all those loose ends he left in TFA JJ had ZERO plans for. Man been pulling this since Lost and ain't a damn thing changed. God help us with what sort of mythos he'll develop and leave hanging in the wind in 9. Though JJ says he loved TLJ's script so lets see how he builds from it.

I'm still EXTREMELY excited for Rian's own trilogy.

haha i almost died laughing when we finally see luke and he tosses the lightsaber over right then an there i knew I was in for A mass effect 3 (prequels mean nothing) type of film

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One gripe I kinda have with the new trilogy as a whole is how they make use of the force.

You used to need specialized training to do anything next level with the force. Without training force sensitive individuals usually had minor precognitive abilities and advanced reflexes. That's it! An example was Anakin when Qui Gon found him and Chirrut Imwe from Rogue One. Chirrut is a prime example of an individual that is force sensitive but has never had any proper Jedi training in the force. The force enhanced his martial arts skills and reflexes but that's really it.

This is why you never saw random force sensitive people all over the galaxy jumping 20 feet in the air and off walls shooting lighting at each other.

The Jedi were the only ones that knew how to harness the force and take it to the next level.

Kid Anakin Skywalker on tatooine with a bazillion or whatever mediclorians, more than Yoda at the time still wasn't doing crazy shyt with all that force power. All he could do was race podracers and he wasn't even really that good at that. Anakin knew what the force was and knew who the Jedi were so its not like he had no knowledge of what the Jedi could do. But it didn't matter because without specialized training you can only do so much with the force.

So when I see Rey able to force pull a Lightsaber to her hand or even do a Jedi Mind Trick it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. She has received ZERO training in the force. Jedi Mind Trick is like Master level technique how the fukk can she do that?!?

Also the force isn't the fukking Avatar State or SSJ mode. You can't just turn it on in the middle of a fight and be awesome.

So as cool as the broom kid scene was the force isn't some X-men super power that your born having all the capabilities available to you. You have to commune with the force and train your mind, body and spirit to even be able to lift a simple object. but honestly now whats the point of training if you can do anything with out it.

Every force ability Rey has done she's done because she saw or as heard that Jedi can do it. I won't be surprised if shes shooting lighting and force projecting to different planets aboard the falcon next episode.

But it's little things like this that the Disney Star Wars Lore Masters or whatever should be keeping in check so the directors don't come along and retcon the passed 40 years of star wars just so they can make a shytty movie.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People gotta accept the fact that that shyt never happened. People are all complaining about inconsistencies with a canon that no longer exists. When you got billions you can erase history.

The Old Republic doesn't even exist. There is ZERO canon for anything that happened before Episode 1.

Disney got fukking greedy and cocky with that shyt. They had all those stories that were pretty uknown to the mainstream laid out to just print money while the OGs were still alive. Give the world a new trilogy finishing up the OGs story with it also being a prequel to rey finn and ben growing up leading to the events of TFA then u can be all creative with the new characters that people dont hold sacred.

They called that shyt legends and still reprinting because they wanted to dip their hands in all of it but how u tell all those fans all that media they invested in is shyt