Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

Eh, he was always trying to help in some form or fashion :manny:. When he woke up, he was concerned about Rey and trying to help her primarily but he wasn't about to jet to some island or something.

His sacrifice being taken away, I saw as movie armor and him being an important character. Plus they already had a ton of casualties by then aND even poe wasn't with it.

I agree BB8 was putting in work, but droids have been doing that for awhile, going back to R2D2.

@Eddy Gordo

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Eh, he was always trying to help in some form or fashion :manny:. When he woke up, he was concerned about Rey and trying to help her primarily but he wasn't about to jet to some island or something.

His sacrifice being taken away, I saw as movie armor and him being an important character. Plus they already had a ton of casualties by then aND even poe wasn't with it.

I agree BB8 was putting in work, but droids have been doing that for awhile, going back to R2D2.

@Eddy Gordo

R2 was always portrayed secretly in lore as like a war general based Droid tho.
In the new hope, obi won sees r2 hiding from the sand people when c3po is attacked. Then greets him as come out my small old friend. Plus, when luke says these droids say them at you know them. Oni won says I never owned a Droid which is true. Yet, hardcoded to keep intrigue and brilliantly leave a lot to the unknown. While simultaneous make someone not really paying attention think these are two Droids are two robots. Yet, when r2 hits tattoine. He says we gotta complete the mission and c3po is like oh no, not another one of your missions. Then proceeds to go the other way and separates himself. As he was never built for war like r2, was actually in action.
With bb8, them trying to force bb8. While actively not incorporating r2 at the least makes a horrific slight to bb8.
As it, basically ignores what the principals of toy marketing was learned in the animated transformers the movies.
When the Gen one transformers were killed and ushered out for the futuristic motif changes of Gen two. Now granted I like the Gen two characters. Yet factually hasbro learned the hard way that doing such a thing caused the ultimate ruin to transformers and it had to relaunched and never recovered. Aa they further went down the rabbit hole. Plus, had written the product in their visual marketing ad region or the cartoon. To far out of the spectrum to return the franchise to glory and this it became a dead draw and close to a cold draw before it was relanched. When to this day transformers has never recovered in the manner it was in during Gen one. Where hasbro now has two non drawing relaunched brands franchising in merchandising transformers and now, star wars.

As this properties sit on the shelf and will continue to sit. As Disney and hasbro have shown they are incapable of learning from their mistakes. While trying to build a fake spreadsheet profit. Instead, of sound quality brand visual marketing via movies to toys. None of this shyt is booming like that, and it is because these companies really are doing nuffin but rehashing the same assinine mistakes from forty to thirty years ago.
Of which have been recounted by any and every collectible anything found on the internet damn near verbatim at those outlets cumulatively all have the same fact based assessments. On why these brands fizzled and had to be relaunched.
Plus only live off initial nostalgia from spreadsheet economics gon awry and not actual high quality product execution from the actual braintrust of the consumer.

That is the issue with these movies and the subsequent marketing and products. Everything these companies do to not succeed is because they never paid any attention to any market research past raw numbers on a spreadsheet.

They have no idea why attrition is there.
When they have everything at their disposal to keep brands like these from dying and also amplify them past their previously failed shelf life.

Art Barr

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That's exactly what he was trying to do. He was like "y'all are all doomed if bae comes back here she's gonna die too. So I'm going to take this beacon and deuces.":ehh:
I will be real with you. I didn't give a shyt about all the rebels that died previously. They were either no named faces or ackbar who didn't get a good send off. I felt like killing Finn would've at least been a bold move after that bullshyt with Leia but nope. Safe movie is safe. Do something unexpected.
But would you call R2 before you called obiwan or padme in the prequels? Would C3PO be your go to in crisis before han and Leia?
@Eddy Gordo

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do realize ,with the exception of of Finn giving a fukk about rose sister, Finn did all these same things in last movie. He literally did the same shyt except it was more important and compelling then. The character didn't grow and that's a problem for me.

But if you liked it more power to you.

Hes the only black guy in the movie, be happy with whatever you get.:manny:

Plus his electric lightsaber Bat weapon was :win:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Fanboys are hilarious. Super concerned about trivial shyt when the OG trilogy had a brother and sister kissing in the first movie because the writer didn't know they were brother and sister. bytching about there being no plan and shyt:dead:

You right. Only thing I can say is that Lucas didn't know if he'd have a second one. Even the ending throne room feels like the end of a story rather than a film with 3 prequels and 4 sequels

On the other hand, Disney knows all these shyts are making a billion and they should have a plan in place.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Fanboys are hilarious. Super concerned about trivial shyt when the OG trilogy had a brother and sister kissing in the first movie because the writer didn't know they were brother and sister. bytching about there being no plan and shyt:dead:

They did not kiss in the first movie.
She kissed luke on the cheek after he shot down the empire base.
In empire she kissed luke because Han was acting an ass after luke came to from being in danger of being killed.
Not to mention, the reason why star wars is good is because it features an incredible female lead in Leia.
as early as the first movie and she takes control of the situation.
as soon as she can get free and get a blaster to set up rank and tells chewie Han and Luke to step aside and follow her. So all this feminist bullshyt added was not needed because Leia was never but the damsel in distress for the first arc of the first movie. Of which she is captured by the best villain of all time. Of which Vader's first kill is still one of the worst opening kills in any movie. As Vader lifts a man off his feet and dumps the poor dude head first crumpling him against the wall as a result.
so Leia is the damsel no more than once and even in the iconic scene in which she Errol flynns with luke. She hangs on like a suvivor not a puppy love affected love interest.
as soon as leia is saved she immediately pulls rank as a royal member over two yokels and a wookie. So, even feminist outrage is from a place of bullshyt about star wars. As star wars was never this male chauvinistic based arena. Nor, was Leia ever treated like some women has her place. As Leia always took her place as telling luke and Han what to do and they were subservient in every possible way.
to the fact even Han never technically fully deserts. Which is also nav'd into a romance.
where the main hero does not get the girl and she is given equal weight as his royal force sensitive sister to close out the theory. Who gets to finally know whom her real family and father is as well.

So, even the sjw as I have learned they are called. Needed to give star wars its breathing room as far as agendas. As star wars is the blockbuster franchise. That actually never neuters its female characters and female characters always lead the rebellion in the background in the originals and the prequels as well. As rhe main commanders in the rebel army are females.
As princess amidala actually goes on a mission and has an elite force of doppplegangers and even the best tech and vehicles in the whole entirety of star wars as a global based franchise over all the movies put together. That even rey is given dominion of the falcon and basically the new Yoda is a female character they never explained as well. Which, real talk is some hating shyt cause in this movie. The alien female Yoda character is forced to the background and never used to showcase wisdom at all. Which is a slap in the face to the continuity in the first movie as well. As it also hates on the fact this character is not a human female. In a sjw supposed based movie about diversity. Yet never puts female aliens on the same footing as a white human female. Just to highlight the hypocrisy of the sjw agenda in this as well. this whole movie is a spreadsheet based agenda. That really never ever took into account what star wars is. Star wars by abc/disney is the same dumb shyt they did in the Droid cartoon series. Where execs should have been fired for even uttering bullshyt like. we do not want it to be star wars'y. When star wars is the largest drawing franchise ever. That is how fukk'n stoopid this movie and Disney is. That they still Continue to try to tamper with properties they get license to. Then fukk it up completely. then have people have to do damage control centered around their fukk UPS. Which people have alluded to Lucas actually calling Disney white enslavers. Simply because the prequels also were shackled by the content from droids as well.
To fast forward to this point in time and the same idiots at Disney abc are back to their dumb shyt.
saying don't make it too star wars'y again.

When previously, they were ripped for not making John carter and marvel property accurately. No to their defense I believe John carter is actually a good movie. Plus superior to their version of star wars as well. That at this point we can see that avengers allowed Disney to reseed its plattoon of paid writers to their side. they may have alienated back during John carter post avengers box office receipts and changed the dynamic. As now, thing have completely flip flopped incomparison. Whereas John Carter was a good movie given fake poor marks. Now star wars is a horrible movie given fake good marks.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You ever think they shytting on him because he the black guy in the movie:stopitslime:

The hypocrisy of the sjw agenda in this easily seen as being only pro white woman based. When star wars is based on diversity because of the alien and slave based content off top.
That this reboot still has not shown any ability to showcase any actual alien interaction as far as cheewie being of value. Past being the only person present wrongly when Han gets killed.

Past that, this franchise has actually neutered diversity.

Art Barr

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You right. Only thing I can say is that Lucas didn't know if he'd have a second one. Even the ending throne room feels like the end of a story rather than a film with 3 prequels and 4 sequels

On the other hand, Disney knows all these shyts are making a billion and they should have a plan in place.

....why?

I think it's just as exciting the way they're doing it. I'm much more interested in where this is going now BECAUSE Johnson burned down the course Abrams had charted. It felt shocking because people had spent 2 years imagining and fantasizing about the questions in TFAW, but NOT knowing what's coming is much more interesting to me.

But I'm not someone with any deep connection to the original trilogy, or the series as a whole.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The hypocrisy of the sjw agenda in this easily seen as being only pro white woman based. When star wars is based on diversity because of the alien and slave based content off top.
That this reboot still has not shown any ability to showcase any actual alien interaction as far as cheewie being of value. Past being the only person present wrongly when Han gets killed.

Past that, this franchise has actually neutered diversity.

Art Barr

I think it's a conscious effort to only focus on humans in the Star Wars movies. The books, comics and video games were always the only places where they fleshed out alien characters.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Another reason why this franchise relaunch is stoopid as fukk is. they never tell us how the first order arose again at all from the empire.
Nor do they tell us if the fukk'n storm troopers are an assort men of clones or slaves that have been mindwiped nor the process.
Of which the whole last movie and the franchise is rooted in the mystery of the new storm trooper. To the point, they never explain why Finn has conflict with phasma at all. To the point why would a female commander of phasma's level even be worried about a guy who they said was an actual custodial engineer before they gave him a blaster. When easily the easiest re-write they could have for finn's origin is make him the ambassador of cloud city's la do calrissian's son. Which by just connection could have easily made Finn force sensitive.
Plus, given him an apprentice Jedi role alongside rey with Luke's tutelage. Which makes for a more compelling and story and showcases this diversity they say they are going. Yet are not and this is a feminist vehicle when it does not have to be. As all female star wars characters were given intelligent plausible weight and adequate attention. Plus went against the norm to have the damsel in distress and change the dynamic completely from the norm of helpless. To an assurred royal commander and leader. Plus that gets wrapped into the mythical family name of the series main character and content as well.

Again this newly launched franchise is a fukk'n betrayal.

Art Barr

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
....why?

I think it's just as exciting the way they're doing it. I'm much more interested in where this is going now BECAUSE Johnson burned down the course Abrams had charted. It felt shocking because people had spent 2 years imagining and fantasizing about the questions in TFAW, but NOT knowing what's coming is much more interesting to me.

But I'm not someone with any deep connection to the original trilogy, or the series as a whole.

If you have no problem with that then it's cool. For me I had a problem with him burning down the whole course.

What do we have to look forward to in 9 besides the final Kylo vs Rey duel that we all know Rey will win. I would've saved Snoke's death and Rey's parents reveal for 9.

He wrote it like a standalone film knowing damn well someone else has to come back and pick up the pieces for 9.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No way I'm reading all that shyt.

My point is that Lucas was freestyling major plot points during the OG trilogy, too.

You talking about a different time when a movie was basically a definitive finale after the first movie.
Like were you cognitive to witness this boom in the first Gen in real time.
As all the way for a decade star wars from 74-84 was on fire and created what being on fire is and no one has ever matched that.
To the point kids in any Gen after that do not give a fukk about certain items at all in the manner of kids from that Gen.
As star wars also extends to a crazy frenzy for bikes, vehicles, needforspeed and muscle cars because of light speed and hamil in corvette summer as well.

Like Gens after us did not even play outside.
Like what did gens after us have hotter properties than star wars and it actually definitively went away like star wars did.
Lemme answer that, none of them and no one ever will.

So, personally I think you talking from a space where you did not see actual first Gen star wars mania. The relaunchs of the mastered series is way different than the first Gen. To way different from star wars coming on laser disc exclusive to finally on CBS video and vhs much later.

If you saw real first Gen star wars frenzy from 74-84 in the cognitive space and age bracket it was intended for.
There is no way you talking negatively about star wars.
As star wars made all this shyt anyone is doing now. Every wack inferior marketing campaign is an offshoot of an excellent to low grade star wars marketing plan.

Everything that sells in America on blockbuster level is terraformed off of star wars. So if you had anything and it was popular.
it was because it came from an inferior star wars copied marketing technique.

From product placement, shelving, ads etc.
All that shyt is star wars brain trust.

Art Barr