Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
This is not a standalone movie, this is a sequel.

If someone completely ignorant to all things Star Wars were forced to watch this movie, they would have absolutely no clue what it going on. Yoda can just drop in out of nowhere because the movie presumes we are already familiar with him, but if you aren't then you're out of luck. This movie could never, ever function as a standalone movie.

So the whole notion of changing Luke's character because that's what it needed to be for the story, or that Snoke's backstory wasn't needed because blah blah blah... those arguments are only valid when they are in defense of a standalone movie. You CAN'T go into this movie without already having preconceived notions about Luke. You CAN'T go into this movie assuming that Snoke isn't all that important.

If you're gonna judge it as a standalone movie, then you have to be consistent throughout. Because as a standalone movie it would still be god awful.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Breh the entire movie is ESB or Jedi rips but the space chase and canto bight bit. Which happen to be the worst bits of the movie.

Novice force user goes to get trained by Jedi master. Jedi master is unconventional and refuses to teach new student because of failure with previous students. Master ultimately relents and trains newcomer. Newcomer has a brush with dark side that changes thier perspective. Newcomer runs off against the wishes of their master without completing training.

The less important characters go to recruit the help of independent party. Only to be betrayed by the new guy to the empire.

Obvious ROTJ ripoff is obvious.

The heroes then flee to snow salt planet while the Empire First Order assaults them with AT-ATs. The heroes the narrowly escape by boarding the millennium falcon.

The order is slightly different but:yeshrug:

So ask again. Where was all this new shyt that everybody is loving.
I hear you but off the top

You thought maz was another yoda? Syke

You thought kylo was another vader? Syke

You thought snoke was some overlord sidious? Syke

You thought rey was a mary sue in the last one huh? Syke

You thought she was going to be a skywalker or kenobi right? Syke

Had you ever seen jedi powers of astro projection? Seems like an evolution.

Speaking of which 'leia in space' will leave at that.

I am sure all these departures from the majority of fans theories as well as having jake skywalker shyt on the whole jedi thing is what they saw as "different" and risk taking but we are seeing the fruits :jawalrus:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:camby:

Aint nobody wait 40 years for that, luke was supposed to be on some super sayin goku jedi, espicially when TFA made it seem like he was studying in the jedi temple to get hidden knowledge and ancient jedi arts so he could take down snoke

Such a shame that og anakin ep2-3 has the goat light saber battles:wow:
Once you realize it’s Jake Skywalker, it’s not a big deal :troll:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Absolutely fukking nothing. Their whole plan was stupid AF and didn't even work.
Another thing that bugged me was how cavalier leia was about the death toll sustained by their muffed coo. Its like 50+ of your 200 man squad just died and she was like "oh well, no leaders" And then some genuis had the gall to have hordo and her giggle amongst themselves as poe was on a stretcher saying "hes trouble but i like him"

Totally takes you out of what they are selling as war

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
My friend just saw this movie and told me....

Star Wars O.G. Trilogy = Saved By The Bell :banderas:

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy = Saved By The Bell The College Years :scust:

Star Wars Current Disney Trilogy = Saved By The Bell The New Class :hhh:

Then he said he hated what they done to Luke and proceeded to call him a "Fake ass Master Roshi alone on an island at Kami House motherfukker :martin:"

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My friend just saw this movie and told me....

Star Wars O.G. Trilogy = Saved By The Bell :banderas:

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy = Saved By The Bell The College Years :scust:

Star Wars Current Disney Trilogy = Saved By The Bell The New Class :hhh:

Then he said he hated what they done to Luke and proceeded to call him a "Fake ass Master Roshi alone on an island at Kami House motherfukker :martin:"
Yeah Luke was pathetic in this movie. The way he went out was straight up disrespectful. It was rough to see how they tore him down and then just ended him.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is what KK is doing with most of the male charcters espeically Rey, I said many times if Finn have good scene, good fighting scenes it takes away from Rey. This why in the Force Awakens he had to get knock out in a coma so Rey can shine. Even in TFA they even cut a lot of his light saber scenes. because he would of over shadow Rey she is the Mary Sue. This is why they made Luke weak so he does not over shadow Rey. This why he does not appear in 7, so he does not take the focus off Rey.

Finn is chasing Rey down but she does not feel the same for him, if she feels the same for him and chasing him down that makes them equal. shyt movie.

The REY character is trash. Not even a good actress. No wonder she's quitting the franchise after this.

The best thing about this movie was the scenes with Fin and the Asian girl

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The REY character is trash. Not even a good actress. No wonder she's quitting the franchise after this.

Let's be real about it Rey is pandering to females and feminists. I'm not saying there's something wrong with having a female Jedi I'm saying that character is so slapped together and rushed just to have one that they didn't even put any effort forth to make the character interesting.

She's easily the worst of the new 3 protagonist and she didn't have to be.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Eh I liked her in murder on the orient express. I think her and Mark got shytty charcters arcs and they knew it. Apparently she was bytching out RJ about the script a some point. I'm pretty sure she disliked the film as well. She was doing some interview after the Premiere and part of it was basically
Interviewer: So did you like film:krs:
Rey::huhldup:.... Ummm........:scusthov:....... Yeah sure loved it:troll:
I think if she was old like Hamill she would be taking shots at folks. But young actors gotta eat. And she gotta keep doors open to suck Harvey Weinstein dikks to get some roles.

How sway?

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
The movie has three protagonist. If anything he was more heavily focused on in this movie than Rey. Do you mean he should have been a Jedi or Force sensitive?
:gucci: no it didn't. And furthermore, theres only 1 protagonist at this point. Its so painfully obvious that it is Rey. Only because Finn is chewing up screen-time doesn't make him a protagonist. :mjlol:

Last edited:

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
Church

@KBadd.... Exactly how I feel. I'm with you on your review of this joint on the podcast. To go from Rogue 1 to this? Every director winging it since there was no template to follow for episodes 7-9? How the fukk is that possible? Completely throw away everything we've learned about the force in all of the previous shows and movies?

The most disappointed I've ever been comin out of a movie in my entire life...

These nikkas are writing these movies on the fly and they have no cohesion whatsoever and we're supposed to be fine with it because ... ?????

FOH.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:gucci: no it didn't. And furthermore, there only 1 protagonist at this point. Its so painfully obvious that it is Rey. Only because Finn is chewing up screen-time doesn't make him a protagonist. :mjlol:
Finn got far more screen time than Rey from what I remember. He and that women had a whole arc that took up a decent chunk of time. Finn, Poe, and Rey are the protagonist of this like Luke, Han, and Leia were of the original trilogy.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Finn got far more screen time than Rey from what I remember. He and that women had a whole arc that took up a decent chunk of time. Finn, Poe, and Rey are the protagonist of this like Luke, Han, and Leia were of the original trilogy.
no no no. Like i said, only because a character is eating up screen time doesn't make him the protagonist. His and Rose quest had no weight or significance to the plot. Hell, even in the end, the plan failed anyways. Finn has no substantial goal besides chasing after Rey.

also, Luke was the protagonist of the OG Trilogy. Han and Leia were supporting characters, not protagonist.

same here, Rey is the protagonist, finn and poe are supporting characters. Especially poe who was supposed to die in the first movie.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
no no no. Like i said, only because a character is eating up screen time doesn't make him the protagonist. His and Rose quest had no weight or significance to the plot. Hell, even in the end, the plan failed anyways. Finn has no substantial goal besides chasing after Rey.

also, Luke was the protagonist of the OG Trilogy. Han and Leia were main characters, not protagonist.

same here, Rey is the protagonist, finn and poe are main characters. Especially poe who was supposed to die in the first movie.
The protagonist is the character the audience follows their point of view. They may or may not be important to the events that unfold in the plot. They may or may not be a hero. Some protagonists are villains for example.

Not sure if you're a gamer but in the game Final Fantasy XIII Vaan is the protagonist and he is almost of no importance to the plot. Basch and Ashe are the most important characters to the story but neither is the protagonist because the audience experienced the story from Vaan's perspective.

I say that there are 3 protagonists because we basically split time following Poe, Rey, and Finn.