Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I loved it brehs :manny:

I'm not even mad at Finn this time around either. That being said it would have been nice if the force sensitive kid at the end was the black kid, especially after the bait and switch they pulled with Finn in TFA.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only people that seem to be mad are the fanboys who's theories weren't confirmed
The movie was boring as hell and it barely moved the plot. The rebels got their shyt pushed in and Luke and Snoke died and that's it. At the beginning the rebels were getting their shyt pushed in. This movie treated water in the same spot plotwise. It was filler.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Ok first off that "53%" is the audience rating not the Tomatoscore lol. Why you quoting that shyt like anyone ever gave a fukk about it before

And why are you insulting the man for liking a movie :what: It ain't that fukking serious

dude been a trash poster

I put him on ignore :yeshrug:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
The movie was boring as hell and it barely moved the plot. The rebels got their shyt pushed in and Luke and Snoke died and that's it. At the beginning the rebels were getting their shyt pushed in. This movie treated water in the same spot plotwise. It was filler.
who are you trying to convince :gucci:

If I, ME PERSONALLY, liked it subjectively, then why the fukk are you bugging me? :leostare:

I'm happy you have an opinion tho, good for you :ehh::ehh:

y'all cats really this mad that individuals have the audacity to disagree with you and have a different take? :what:

what kinda butthurt fanboy shyt is this?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
The mishandling of Luke is far, FAR worse than what the prequel did to Vader. I'm just awestruck :laugh:
Vader was only in the prequels for like 60 seconds:skip:.

The prequels had almost a blank slate.

Only George knew how Anakin was. A lot of people didn't like it but you can't really argue against it - as it fit with the minor descriptions we got (Owen and Yoda being :scust: at Anakin and Obi being :manny:).

Luke, Han and Leia had an entire trilogy setting up their arcs and characters.

Disney broke up Han/Leia, turned Han back into a smuggler and Leia into a rebel leader.
Relegated Chewie and the OG Droids to trivial characters.
Turned Ackbar into an afterthought.
And turned Luke into Jake Skywalker, as Mark Hamill put it.

I saw this shyt coming after the TFA travesty, my expectations were so low for TLJ that I'm not as hurt as some people.

They did Han dirty in TFA so why not Luke too. I'm still a bit :gucci: at how people let Episode 7 slide.
I heard they killed off Han because Harrison Ford didn't want to be in episode 8.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
from a FB buddy of mine
The Last Jedi is basically a lot of meta-commentary about Star Wars fandom and it's woefully overzealous attitude towards the films. We've acted as gatekeepers. We've become as religious and dogmatic as the jedi. Rian Johnson is basically saying that we are a huge part of the problem, and is effectively flipping us the proverbial bird.

Our reverence for the OT and our connection to Luke keeps SW from evolving and moving forward. In order for it to grow, Luke, and our connection to him, has to die. So ends the dogma.

The Skywalker bloodline could technically be seen as an abberation. By procreating, a force user or force-sensitive person essentially constrains the force to a number of "holy" or regal bloodlines, not unlike the British monarchy. Doing so places limitations ob something that should ideally be organic and random. The hand of the force can touch anyone. Remember, back when Star Wars was just one movie, Luke was a simplw farm boy. A nobody. Rian Johnson remembers that, and levels the playing field accordingly. By pissing off SW nerds, he deceptively reinstated the status quo.

Sneaky and brilliant.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Vader was only in the prequels for like 60 seconds:skip:.

I heard they killed off Han because Harrison Ford didn't want to be in episode 8.

Harrison Ford hates the character and only agreed to come back for 7 if Han Solo was killed off.

He wanted the character killed off first in Empire and then in Return of The Jedi. But they said no.

He has never liked the franchise.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Because hes a crotchety old b*stard
Naw did some quick reading basically once he got Indiana Jones he no longer wanted to do Star Wars. He thinks Han is dumb with no depth. Sounds like he got to the point where he felt above playing that character.

Dude was actually angry Han became a fan favorite. :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
who are you trying to convince :gucci:

If I, ME PERSONALLY, liked it subjectively, then why the fukk are you bugging me? :leostare:

I'm happy you have an opinion tho, good for you :ehh::ehh:

y'all cats really this mad that individuals have the audacity to disagree with you and have a different take? :what:

what kinda butthurt fanboy shyt is this?
I like a lot of things that aren't all that great so I understand. I love Man of Steel and a lot of people consider that crap. I'll admit it's not the greatest movie but I still like it.

I'm pretty far from a Star Wars fanboy. The fact remains that not that much happened in this movie. The plot barely advanced at all. It is the textbook unnecessary sequel of a unnecessary sequel trilogy. Return of the Jedi ended in a good place. This sequel trilogy dug up it's corpse to defecate on it for the sake of a cash grab.

This just seems like it began with the idea "hey let's make more movies because Star Wars films would make a ton of money" rather than them having an interesting story to tell. Kinda reminds me of Halo with Microsoft. Bungie wanted to end it with Halo 3 and Microsoft is like yeah we're just gonna keep making them and everything they made after Bungie got shat on.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
That is what KK is doing with most of the male charcters espeically Rey, I said many times if Finn have good scene, good fighting scenes it takes away from Rey. This why in the Force Awakens he had to get knock out in a coma so Rey can shine. Even in TFA they even cut a lot of his light saber scenes. because he would of over shadow Rey she is the Mary Sue. This is why they made Luke weak so he does not over shadow Rey. This why he does not appear in 7, so he does not take the focus off Rey.

Finn is chasing Rey down but she does not feel the same for him, if she feels the same for him and chasing him down that makes them equal. shyt movie.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Man.....

fukk this film.

fukk this!!

They did my man Luke dirty. Anything cool about that battle was negated because he wasn’t even there

He wasn’t even “there”. Think about that. He didn’t come to the rescue, he sent a projection across the galaxy that killed him. fukking bullshyt. He never got a proper send off, not even one last light saber battle like everyone else. He threw away his fathers light saber. The same light saber he learned on and used. He gives up on Kylo before he does anything. Meanwhile he spends a whole movie trying and succeeding in redeeming his father who by the way is the most vile and evil person to EVER fukkIN EXIST in the galaxy. His father killed kids. And he still saw the good in him. Meanwhile he feels a slight presence in Kylo which shouldn’t be a shocked to him because guess what, you know that vile and evil person I just described? Yea that his grandfather! By luke acting against everything he is, he causes the same nightmare he was trying to stop. He runs away to die on the island but you know what... let me leave a map to my exact location in my favorite Droid that everyone knows is mine so you can find me just in case. It angers me that Luke went out the way he did. Movie is trash based off that alone. Never mind Leia Superman impersonation, never mind Finn and Rose useless 45 min side plot that did nothing, never mind Poe getting 90% of the rebel forces killed. Never mind Holdo keeping her plan a secret causing more people to die. Never mind Poe causing a mutiny and then nothing happens to him. Nevermind snoke getting killed with no back story. Oh Rey.... fukk that bytch. How can she best a Kylo ren who is trained by not one but two masters from both sides of the force and is from the bloodline of the most powerful Jedi of all fukking time. fukk this movie!!!!!

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man.....

fukk this film.

fukk this!!

They did my man Luke dirty. Anything cool about that battle was negated because he wasn’t even there

He wasn’t even “there”. Think about that. He didn’t come to the rescue, he sent a projection across the galaxy that killed him. fukking bullshyt. He never got a proper send off, not even one last light saber battle like everyone else. He threw away his fathers light saber. The same light saber he learned on and used. He gives up on Kylo before he does anything. Meanwhile he spends a whole movie trying and succeeding in redeeming his father who by the way is the most vile and evil person to EVER fukkIN EXIST in the galaxy. His father killed kids. And he still saw the good in him. Meanwhile he feels a slight presence in Kylo which shouldn’t be a shocked to him because guess what, you know that vile and evil person I just described? Yea that his grandfather! By luke acting against everything he is, he causes the same nightmare he was trying to stop. He runs away to die on the island but you know what... let me leave a map to my exact location in my favorite Droid that everyone knows is mine so you can find me just in case. It angers me that Luke went out the way he did. Movie is trash based off that alone. Never mind Leia Superman impersonation, never mind Finn and Rose useless 45 min side plot that did nothing, never mind Poe getting 90% of the rebel forces killed. Never mind Holdo keeping her plan a secret causing more people to die. Never mind Poe causing a mutiny and then nothing happens to him. Nevermind snoke getting killed with no back story. Oh Rey.... fukk that bytch. How can she best a Kylo ren who is trained by not one but two masters from both sides of the force and is from the bloodline of the most powerful Jedi of all fukking time. fukk this movie!!!!!
My thoughts exactly about Rey. Chick has had no training and suddenly she's a badass with a light saber. Strikes me as a fan-fiction character come to life in the canon movies.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Man.....

fukk this film.

fukk this!!

How do you really feel, though? :patrice: