Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I like a lot of things that aren't all that great so I understand. I love Man of Steel and a lot of people consider that crap. I'll admit it's not the greatest movie but I still like it.

I'm pretty far from a Star Wars fanboy. The fact remains that not that much happened in this movie. The plot barely advanced at all. It is the textbook unnecessary sequel of a unnecessary sequel trilogy. Return of the Jedi ended in a good place. This sequel trilogy dug up it's corpse to defecate on it for the sake of a cash grab.

This just seems like it began with the idea "hey let's make more movies because Star Wars films would make a ton of money" rather than them having an interesting story to tell. Kinda reminds me of Halo with Microsoft. Bungie wanted to end it with Halo 3 and Microsoft is like yeah we're just gonna keep making them and everything they made after Bungie got shat on.
Its his opinion wtf gett off his dikk nikka

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Also,the fact that Finn barely ever seems affected by his past is one of the biggest missed opportunities of the entire trilogy thus far. Considering all the faux gravitas put on Rey's past, it still just pales in comparison to the kind of potential that is offered by Finn's brutal past in the First Order where he was deprived of a childhood and turned into a killing machine stripped of individuality. We don't need speculation fodder and plot twists to make that interesting. We don't need to contrive an emotional core to that. We don't need constant fan theories in order to make his interactions with any members of the First Order compelling. He should have been the protagonist from the outset and would have been a far better foil to Ben Solo from the very beginning.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Also,the fact that Finn barely ever seems affected by his past is one of the biggest missed opportunities of the entire trilogy thus far. Considering all the faux gravitas put on Rey's past, it still just pales in comparison to the kind of potential that is offered by Finn's brutal past in the First Order where he was deprived of a childhood and turned into a killing machine stripped of individuality. We don't need speculation fodder and plot twists to make that interesting. We don't need to contrive an emotional core to that. We don't need constant fan theories in order to make his interactions with any members of the First Order compelling. He should have been the protagonist from the outset and would have been a far better foil to Ben Solo from the very beginning.
The movie has three protagonist. If anything he was more heavily focused on in this movie than Rey. Do you mean he should have been a Jedi or Force sensitive?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Man.....

fukk this film.

fukk this!!

They did my man Luke dirty. Anything cool about that battle was negated because he wasn’t even there

He wasn’t even “there”. Think about that. He didn’t come to the rescue, he sent a projection across the galaxy that killed him. fukking bullshyt. He never got a proper send off, not even one last light saber battle like everyone else. He threw away his fathers light saber. The same light saber he learned on and used. He gives up on Kylo before he does anything. Meanwhile he spends a whole movie trying and succeeding in redeeming his father who by the way is the most vile and evil person to EVER fukkIN EXIST in the galaxy. His father killed kids. And he still saw the good in him. Meanwhile he feels a slight presence in Kylo which shouldn’t be a shocked to him because guess what, you know that vile and evil person I just described? Yea that his grandfather! By luke acting against everything he is, he causes the same nightmare he was trying to stop. He runs away to die on the island but you know what... let me leave a map to my exact location in my favorite Droid that everyone knows is mine so you can find me just in case. It angers me that Luke went out the way he did. Movie is trash based off that alone. Never mind Leia Superman impersonation, never mind Finn and Rose useless 45 min side plot that did nothing, never mind Poe getting 90% of the rebel forces killed. Never mind Holdo keeping her plan a secret causing more people to die. Never mind Poe causing a mutiny and then nothing happens to him. Nevermind snoke getting killed with no back story. Oh Rey.... fukk that bytch. How can she best a Kylo ren who is trained by not one but two masters from both sides of the force and is from the bloodline of the most powerful Jedi of all fukking time. fukk this movie!!!!!
That logic is a muthafukka:wow:.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man.....

fukk this film.

fukk this!!

They did my man Luke dirty. Anything cool about that battle was negated because he wasn’t even there

He wasn’t even “there”. Think about that. He didn’t come to the rescue, he sent a projection across the galaxy that killed him. fukking bullshyt. He never got a proper send off, not even one last light saber battle like everyone else. He threw away his fathers light saber. The same light saber he learned on and used. He gives up on Kylo before he does anything. Meanwhile he spends a whole movie trying and succeeding in redeeming his father who by the way is the most vile and evil person to EVER fukkIN EXIST in the galaxy. His father killed kids. And he still saw the good in him. Meanwhile he feels a slight presence in Kylo which shouldn’t be a shocked to him because guess what, you know that vile and evil person I just described? Yea that his grandfather! By luke acting against everything he is, he causes the same nightmare he was trying to stop. He runs away to die on the island but you know what... let me leave a map to my exact location in my favorite Droid that everyone knows is mine so you can find me just in case. It angers me that Luke went out the way he did. Movie is trash based off that alone. Never mind Leia Superman impersonation, never mind Finn and Rose useless 45 min side plot that did nothing, never mind Poe getting 90% of the rebel forces killed. Never mind Holdo keeping her plan a secret causing more people to die. Never mind Poe causing a mutiny and then nothing happens to him. Nevermind snoke getting killed with no back story. Oh Rey.... fukk that bytch. How can she best a Kylo ren who is trained by not one but two masters from both sides of the force and is from the bloodline of the most powerful Jedi of all fukking time. fukk this movie!!!!!

Church

@KBadd.... Exactly how I feel. I'm with you on your review of this joint on the podcast. To go from Rogue 1 to this? Every director winging it since there was no template to follow for episodes 7-9? How the fukk is that possible? Completely throw away everything we've learned about the force in all of the previous shows and movies?

The most disappointed I've ever been comin out of a movie in my entire life...

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
from a FB buddy of mine
And thats cool. But the movies plot and character development suffers for RJs vision/meta narrative/ post-modern deconstruction of star wars and heroes.

I think fans understand Luke had to die and things had to change for the story to move forward.

But instead of moving forward we spend 2 and half hours shytting on the past. Nobody learns a lesson, nobody grew as people, and when they did it felt awkward or unearned. And to some fans it's glaringly open in it's flaws. Luke's dramatic change in charcter is something that's an example. We went from Luke being secure in his moral code to him waiting to die on island. That's something you have to show for a audience to believe it. You have to slow walk people through such a dramatic change in character, when previously he was so resolute but now he's quitting because it got kinda hard. The audience has to fall in grace with him.

Or Finn and Rose not crashing in the cannon. Besides that being dumb for obvious reasons. Why thematically when Holdo or Rose sister took the same self sacrificing actions previously they are heroes but Finn lectured by this. That romance was also out of left field because the movie didnt show it. Flaws like this are abundant throughout the film and become even greater when juxtaposed against TFA.

RJ was more focused on his vision instead of good story telling. That's why TLJ wound up being a really ugly piece of post modern art.

And where is this bold new perspective? The movie is ESB with ROTJ scenes thrown in. RJ just added a bunch of "Psyche!" moments.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the brehs in here happy about how things with Luke went would you be happy if they made a batman movie and all of a sudden Bruce is behaving like Fin incompetent, can’t do nothing right can’t fight can’t solve cases, and is there just for comedy sake. Ya know totally out of character

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I love how now the RT score that matters is the audience one and that even though it's 50/50 (understandably so) the narrative is that the movie is considered garbage most fans :pachaha:
Just read this was the only movie that doesn't have "I have a bad feeling about this" :mindblown:

Rian such a rebel :mjlol:

That's a petty muthafukka (Nore voice)

I'm pro Last Jedi but I was :dead: when Rian Johnson said the line was uttered in the movie. So then fans attributed it to BB8 in the first scene, when Poe tells him "Happy beeps here, buddy, come on". I honestly give two shyts about that line being in the movie or not but that's convenient as fukk :pachaha:

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Reading through this thread and the responses and that I'm not the only that had mixed/negative feelings after the movie has me damn near :to: status. JJ should've done all three. :mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
To the brehs in here happy about how things with Luke went would you be happy if they made a batman movie and all of a sudden Bruce is behaving like Fin incompetent, can’t do nothing right can’t fight can’t solve cases, and is there just for comedy sake. Ya know totally out of character

Luke was never Finn incompetent in the movie. He's traumatized because of his failure as a master and realizing that the Jedi are a bunch of religious freaks that become to damn arrogant because they believe they are on the "good side".

Luke was never a perfect hero, he had a bunch of flaws during the OG trilogy. I don't get why people can't even fathom him being emotionally vulnerable when that's all he is during the first 2 movies and it's something that pretty much comes with the Skywalker genes.

I understand WANTING to see him beast with a lightsaber, give work to people and be a huge badass, and being underwhelmed by him being something completely different - though he does show the biggest feat of strength in the Force we've ever seen so far - but him being a scared old man scarred by his mistakes, like Yoda and Obi Wan, is at least in the realm of possibility. Not liking it is one thing, but treating his arc like blasphemy I don't agree at all.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it seems like more women are liking this movie then men are:patrice:

This movie shys completely away from conflict and handles it on some backhanded weak shyt how a weak ass punk female would handle it.

This whole movie is a mother's group large cinema exercise in trying to move away and around conflict. Like female humans are supposed to be scared to deal with issues. When in nature. Any female fights and will fight male or female when they get treated. I don't care what itor whom it is. Any female found in nature will fight, and to the death. Yet, here we have this silly feminist gay movement trying to pretty much get rid of real conflict resolution. In order to neuter all society into ignoring their society destructive shyt in this same lack of confrontation manner. So they can fake take over and do so by simple neutering. While they in fact built a status system that also does not include the very females that are flanking their side for their agenda. Thus eliminating heterosexuals and neutering and effective ways social and through socialization to physical. to rid us these types of people who damage the natural order of life as a human and as an actual organism. All in favor of a neutered sterile androgynous life. As feminism end result is androgyny. Which is why feminism is a scourge and politics everything out of the existence in human creation and male female dialectic as well. These are facts. This entire movie tries to get away from conflict resolution on all fronts and deal with purposeful subterfuge deception and a lack of humanity. Let alone an actual organism found anywhere, especially on earth. To the point I just wonder why and how these people are here. When they violate the actual survival of human sentient life. This entire movie does nuffin but deflect away from conflict resolution and gives way to deflection and deception to no resolution. It is a simple betrayal to star wars in just simple conflict resolution premise. That extends to any and every situation in this movie and neuters and emasculates any and everything content wise in the film. Everyone presented in this film is a slave to it. That it totally upends the sense of urgency life needs to reflect to create change. Just for beginners in the movie, it hesitates to execute in any and every possible way. While illustrating perfectly under duress the inability to listen, correlate, act with cognitive register to the situation at hand, inability to handle anxiety completely, inability to communicate.
While star wars are the beginning moral entertainment building blocks of all times as a draw and simple digestible gateway conflict. That the entire film industry is completely built upon and the overall historic success of HOLLYWOOD, all the time. It is the goat franchise over everything and the only franchise to pull America out of the doldrums of depression and lack of general morals. That were spawned from the loss of Evers, jfk, king and Malcolm x. It is the only soothing and healing property in actual us history to terraform a new HOPEFUL GENERATION. Hence it being called a new hope.

Art Barr

To this day, I never met a bully who liked star wars. Let that sink in and correlate it to what this property is for America. Which was its mental complextion changing and moral dynamic, from America being marred in complete hopelessness and cynicism. Which leads to uncaring and eventually a lack of high quality care that will give way to androgyny.

Take the time to find an outlet and voice your displeasure.

The problem with America is the lack of star wars in the mid to late eighties in its original luster.
This particular and original piece of americana.
Is actually america's saving grace period. For it to be emasculated and neutered. Completely ushers out capitalism to economics to being a moral sound person.

I urge you, like that distress signal to try to do whatever you can.
to voice your displeasure and make them fix this or at least admit fault. If you do
not have kids, I urge you to do this. As real talk,...without star wars. You are also going to have a real tough time raising children, boys and girls. As real talk princess Leia is the female of our Gen and is what the Americana based ideal is of what women are. Which is the royal queen, decisive, calm and calculating under pressure to reach resolve and former princess to a farm boy named luke.

This whole shyt is a betrayal of what and who America had become.

You guys are living a manipulated dangerous morally deficient lie by not having Star wars in its glory. Just the fact these gens never witnessed real mania for anything is a cause for alarm. As that ability to create a blockbuster and mania to just sheer common general interest is lost. As well as the unifying media that star wars is for everyone. As star wars existed before our Gen was cognitive of corrosive socially ill properties like race.
It instilled in us the ability to do. To fight, and understand why and how to fight well. It instilled in us simple things like loyalty, companionship, valor, brilliance, upper level mastery of motor skills, upper level mastery and insight to mentally being prepared for conflict. Star wars is the gateway to what America is by draw, impact, social message.
Them trying to assimilate, neuter and emasculate it is a betrayal and it needs to fully exposed.

Not to mention it is a gateway, propaganda film in the defeat of fascism as well. Which should not ever be hurt given the fact. The social ills of the world are perpetrated by this group as a science.

With this movie, it totally takes to letting a new villain in government arise. Which star wars, as a film in basic premise is about. In basic premise, star wars is about the confrontation and attack defeat and resolution of conflict created by fascist. Which is also why this film needs to be called out. As it totally does not defeat fascism. It is a gateway film for women.
to join the fascist in a proposed but deflected by subterfuge inbred incest slash angle that should be exposed as well. Where capitalism and fascism meet. In a number of vignettes, in this movie. That since this movie creates no conflict resolution.
allows the idea we can not be without or rid ourselves of it as well.

Star wars is all about confronting fascism and the actual obsession it takes to defeat it as well.

To tamper with that is a complete betrayal of sound civil tranquil human society.

This film is a betrayal.

Art Barr

Last edited: