Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Luke was never Finn incompetent in the movie. He's traumatized because of his failure as a master and realizing that the Jedi are a bunch of religious freaks that become to damn arrogant because they believe they are on the "good side".

Luke was never a perfect hero, he had a bunch of flaws during the OG trilogy. I don't get why people can't even fathom him being emotionally vulnerable when that's all he is during the first 2 movies and it's something that pretty much comes with the Skywalker genes.

I understand WANTING to see him beast with a lightsaber, give work to people and be a huge badass, and being underwhelmed by him being something completely different - though he does show the biggest feat of strength in the Force we've ever seen so far - but him being a scared old man scarred by his mistakes, like Yoda and Obi Wan, is at least in the realm of possibility. Not liking it is one thing, but treating his arc like blasphemy I don't agree at all.

:camby:

Aint nobody wait 40 years for that, luke was supposed to be on some super sayin goku jedi, espicially when TFA made it seem like he was studying in the jedi temple to get hidden knowledge and ancient jedi arts so he could take down snoke

Such a shame that og anakin ep2-3 has the goat light saber battles:wow:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Luke was never Finn incompetent in the movie. He's traumatized because of his failure as a master and realizing that the Jedi are a bunch of religious freaks that become to damn arrogant because they believe they are on the "good side".

Luke was never a perfect hero, he had a bunch of flaws during the OG trilogy. I don't get why people can't even fathom him being emotionally vulnerable when that's all he is during the first 2 movies and it's something that pretty much comes with the Skywalker genes.

I understand WANTING to see him beast with a lightsaber, give work to people and be a huge badass, and being underwhelmed by him being something completely different - though he does show the biggest feat of strength in the Force we've ever seen so far - but him being a scared old man scarred by his mistakes, like Yoda and Obi Wan, is at least in the realm of possibility. Not liking it is one thing, but treating his arc like blasphemy I don't agree at all.

His arc is complete blasphemy.
Simply because it is handled with such low quality care. That it purposefully from that negligence destroys who and what Luke Skywalker is. Which is an expression of us all anywhere, being confident enough to try to create change from some unknown place. Then finding out about ourselves, and using who we are to help the elongating ideal of hope.

The reason why star wars is the largest is because of this.
That no American product has.
Integrally Everyone in America is influenced in general by Luke Skywalker. That if all our astral forms were broken down.
It would be some emanating glowing figure under neath our layers

To deny it is not to be in touch with yourself or America. That to the point everything you use to define you positively was terraformed by the character Luke Skywalker, period.

Art Barr

We are all luke at our core. What this movie says, ultimately is. We never will grow and be products of wisdom.
regardless of what occurs or happens.
We will always internalize and never move past being victimized.
As wisdom is the ability to use the cause and effect, and cognitive choices of others to aid our prescient ability to grow. In this Luke is neutered and emasculated. To the point he never learns to listen and also does not most importantly GROW!

this movie is a betrayal to any any wisdom you have been given and should be wise enough to use to aid and amplify your quality of life. This movie says don't grow and do not use wisdom and in effect do not become a wise person.

Art Barr

*voted the wisest kid at five.

I am known as that because of luke Skywalker at my core.
Be wise.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:camby:

Aint nobody wait 40 years for that, luke was supposed to be on some super sayin goku jedi, espicially when TFA made it seem like he was studying in the jedi temple to get hidden knowledge and ancient jedi arts so he could take down snoke

Such a shame that og anakin ep2-3 has the goat light saber battles:wow:

So Luke was supposed to basically be a Force God :patrice: no need for new characters and hero's then if that's the case though :patrice:

But whatever, if him beasting like that is what you wanted to see then hate the movie all you want breg. Nothing I can reply to you will change your mind :ehh:

I do think people need to appreciate more how fukking powerful he is in the Force though. Projecting himself across the galaxy - something Kylo establishes as something that "should tear you apart" - to the point of fooling someone that actually understand force projections is the most impressive shyt we've been presented yet in terms of Force ability. Being a strong Jedi goes beyond being great with a lightsaber, and Luke never was THAT good at it either. I was content with him being a beast in at least 1 thing :manny:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Makes sense,.....
You Gen was kept from knowing that good shyt.
That to the point the guy's music you posted is all an inferior rehash of andre3000. Of which since you Gen never really saw blockbuster shyt draw for real. The collective you and krit don't understand how to create and reverse engineer the said draw you wanna copy. As you are not cognitive, experienced or prescient enough to recreate.

Art Barr

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So Luke was supposed to basically be a Force God :patrice: no need for new characters and hero's then if that's the case though :patrice:

But whatever, if him beasting like that is what you wanted to see then hate the movie all you want breg. Nothing I can reply to you will change your mind :ehh:

I do think people need to appreciate more how fukking powerful he is in the Force though. Projecting himself across the galaxy - something Kylo establishes as something that "should tear you apart" - to the point of fooling someone that actually understand force projections is the most impressive shyt we've been presented yet in terms of Force ability. Being a strong Jedi goes beyond being great with a lightsaber, and Luke never was THAT good at it either. I was content with him being a beast in at least 1 thing :manny:
I'm not. Snoke did it with two people and it didn't kill him.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm not. Snoke did it with two people and it didn't kill him.

He didn't though, Snoke gave them "force Skype" to connect and manipulate them :lolbron: that's never established as dangerous as actually projecting yourself.

Force discussions are funny because it's "rules" changes depending on who is telling the story :heh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

:dahell:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He didn't though, Snoke gave them "force Skype" to connect and manipulate them :lolbron: that's never established as dangerous as actually projecting yourself.

Force discussions are funny because it's "rules" changes depending on who is telling the story :heh:
It's literally the same thing. It wasn't some private thing where only those two could sense each other. And Kylo literally says the effort of it would kill you when he was talking to Rey.

So somehow projecting two people (one of whom you have never met) across the Galaxy is somehow less strenous than Luke just projecting himself.

This is exactly what I mean when I say the movie had lazy writing.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's literally the same thing. It wasn't some private thing where only those two could sense each other. And Kylo literally says the effort of it would kill you when he was talking to Rey.

So somehow projecting two people (one of whom you have never met) across the Galaxy is somehow less strenous than Luke just projecting himself.

This is exactly what I mean when I say the movie had lazy writing.

That I wont argue with. We honestly don't know exactly what the fukk Snoke did :heh:

It liked the intentions and directions of the ideas more than the executions in most cases. I think I tend to forgive it's flaws because I really liked said directions :ehh:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Just watched the cam rip, slight thoughts in the spoilers.

• This dude Snoke seemed competent. Smart Sith leader with a decent control of the force. The only thing he didn't account for is weak a** apprentice turning on him :gucci:

• Finn beta as ever. Even the way he defeated captain Phasma :scust: really don't know what his purpose was in the movie. Got tased again looking weak within his first 10 minutes.

• The struggle paag they gave him so he would have a love interest and move past Rey :mjlol: :mjpls: was :trash:.

• I sincerely don't know why Rey didn't body Kylo already. It's pretty apparent he can't mess with her regarding the force or the saber skills. Even besides that it really doesn't feel like there's a need for the force in this trilogy. I'm assuming the supreme leader gotta be a force user for the 1st order out of respect or something, cause their leader just died and they're already steady following Kylo who has been openly ridiculed and suspect. Picture this s***, this man lead a handcuffed prisoner into the leaders chambers -- who then supposedly kills the Supreme Leader/Guards and escapes. No one besides the 2nd in command asks what happened/wtf were you doing :dahell:. But I guess since Kylo wields the force he's perfectly suitable to be a replacement Supreme Leader iono.

Movie a solid 2.5/5 stars imo