Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think there's some confusion going on with "Enjoying" the movie and it actually being a "Good" Star Wars movie.

This was a Good Movie. I enjoyed it.

It was a terrible addition to the Star Wars Universe.

Take away the Luke ending and this whole movie should have been a volume in the Poe Dameron Comic Book. Episode 8 should have taken place 2 years after 7. 8 starts out with Rey being a badass because she's been training with luke for the past 2 years and then shyt can happen.

The movie taking place right after ep 7 didn't help the story at all which makes me wonder why they did that in the first place. It didn't serve ANY characters story and you could argue that giving the characters time to reflect on what happen in ep 7 would have been much better character development wise.
I just don't see it that way. It's like folks are trying to make SW into it's own genre. I felt it was an overall good movie with some instances of questionable decision making in terms of writing. But not enough to stop it from being a good movie. And I feel like if it's a good movie, and they named it SW then it's a good SW movie. Period. :manny:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Outside of Leia's untimely death, what else do you think they'll mention in the Episode IX crawl?

I'm thinking there will be a time jump of some kind.

I hope they ain't tryna push ol shorty on Finn. :scust:
Finn and her getting married and having kids. Also Finn and Poe get promoted to replace the high ranking command that died.

I hope Lando is in 9.

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't see it that way. It's like folks are trying to make SW into it's own genre. I felt it was an overall good movie with some instances of questionable decision making in terms of writing. But not enough to stop it from being a good movie. And I feel like if it's a good movie, and they named it SW then it's a good SW movie. Period. :manny:

And that's where we fundamentally disagree.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn and her getting married and having kids. Also Finn and Poe get promoted to replace the high ranking command that died.

I hope Lando is in 9.

Nah man none of the OG's are safe in this trilogy hopefully billy dee aint answering his phone or else he'll be killed by tripping over Finn's mop and accidently shooting himself in the face

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was kinda :trash:

Last movie was better. Can’t believe the critics gamed me up on this being touching or fitting. You can see Disney slipping back into that episode prequel goofy shyt. Too many animals, and the focus on that Lil cac at the end was the strawberry on the shyt pile.

Killed off Luke for no good reason at all, and shytted on all the non cannon that was thousands of times better.

I was hype about the light speed attack, I’m gonna just accept it as the fact that it wasn’t complete lightspeed yet so there is probably a timing condition about it that made it inadvertently work, prolly the best scene in the movie graphics wise.

But back to the shyt show... Finn showed basically no growth, Rey is being set up to be a nobody in regards to storyline, they did nothing to expand her origin. Snook was a complete waste of a villain having done nothing at all. I just feel like this movie progressed nothing in the story for as much happened.

Disney assfukking the whole Star Wars cannon, shoulda known a fukk up like this was coming after that battlefield scandle. Please somebody give this to another director or something, George Lucas woulda protected the franchise if he still had lead.

This going the dragon ball route, this shyt was “Star Wars GT”. They gonna have to reboot this shyt again. Garbage.

5/10.