Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I think there's some confusion going on with "Enjoying" the movie and it actually being a "Good" Star Wars movie.

This was a Good Movie. I enjoyed it.

It was a terrible addition to the Star Wars Universe.

Take away the Luke ending and this whole movie should have been a volume in the Poe Dameron Comic Book. Episode 8 should have taken place 2 years after 7. 8 starts out with Rey being a badass because she's been training with luke for the past 2 years and then shyt can happen.

The movie taking place right after ep 7 didn't help the story at all which makes me wonder why they did that in the first place. It didn't serve ANY characters story and you could argue that giving the characters time to reflect on what happen in ep 7 would have been much better character development wise.

Exactly as a standalone movie it's enjoyable but this is the 8th episode in a 9 episode saga and it didn't deliver fully on that front.

You could blame that on JJ for sparking all these theories, Rian for chucking them or the Story Group for not having a set plan.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Apparently Black turnout dropped significantly. Has anyone heard this?

Post from other forum

"They did it again. False marketing.
You all remember Finn's Blaster?
I totally forget it, because he didn't use it or it was not important.
Whatever, 9% Black audience in the US is so incredibly bad.
The marketing people at Disney and LF thought 2 years will be enough to let people forget. Sh*t happens."