Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought Kylo was standing behind Rey when he stabbed Snoke. So his thoughts and emotions would’ve been hard to differentiate from Rey’s. At least that was my interpretation of it. He would’ve been expecting Rey to have those thoughts and because Kylo was right behind her, she camouflaged his.
Does this girl have the ability to use the force?
Then why wouldn't he have prevented regardless who it came from.
And don't say he was relying on Kylo. That dude don't do anything that entire scene but look like a dude holding someone pocket in prison.

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
Movie was kinda :trash:

Last movie was better. Can’t believe the critics gamed me up on this being touching or fitting. You can see Disney slipping back into that episode prequel goofy shyt. Too many animals, and the focus on that Lil cac at the end was the strawberry on the shyt pile.

Killed off Luke for no good reason at all, and shytted on all the non cannon that was thousands of times better.

I was hype about the light speed attack, I’m gonna just accept it as the fact that it wasn’t complete lightspeed yet so there is probably a timing condition about it that made it inadvertently work, prolly the best scene in the movie graphics wise.

But back to the shyt show... Finn showed basically no growth, Rey is being set up to be a nobody in regards to storyline, they did nothing to expand her origin. Snook was a complete waste of a villain having done nothing at all. I just feel like this movie progressed nothing in the story for as much happened.

Disney assfukking the whole Star Wars cannon, shoulda known a fukk up like this was coming after that battlefield scandle. Please somebody give this to another director or something, George Lucas woulda protected the franchise if he still had lead.

This going the dragon ball route, this shyt was “Star Wars GT”. They gonna have to reboot this shyt again. Garbage.

5/10.

I agree. I already know what direction they going to go with this next Star Wars Trilogy that's coming out.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Say what you will about the movie, I was satisfied by the Kylo/Luke faceoff. He styled on the nikka one last time.

hukhmp.jpg

They shouldn't have killed him though. Should've saved his death for the final movie.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Film was dope to me, started off slow but picked up and finished on a high note

Kylos did a good job to me, hux was terrible
Benicio was a dope character, hope hes in the 3rd
Chewie came through needed more of him
I liked finn scenes but he needed more screen time

Only dissapointed luke was barely in the movie but i knew that going in, what a wasted character.. would have liked to see him go out like logan on some old man luke shyt

Leia :mjlol:

Its still fukk rian johnson though

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it, the more I agree with whoever said that they should have had a time jump before this movie, would have allowed the characters time to mature and grow into their roles

The story as of right now is going 100mph to nowhere, the payoff we are going to get doesn’t feel earned.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ain't dragon Ball z. This nikka knew specific intentions.
" I knew you would come here."
Stop defending the movie messy writing

I just said a few pages back I didn't like the movie. I just didn't think the point you raised was an issue I had with the movie. You're acting like Palpatine didn't make the same mistake when Vader killed him.

Last edited:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Watched it tonight. I liked it. Need another viewing to see how I'd rank it against TFA, but I already put it above Rogue One.

Pros:
- Rey and Kylo's stories intertwining and keeping you guessing as to who is turning who
- Snoke's death. Didn't see that coming. Glad that Kylo has become irredeemable and the big bad guy who now answers to no one. In that sense, he's already surpassed Vader.
- Porgs. They were funny to me.
- Luke getting more screen time
- Benicio Del Toro (I'm assuming he'll be back in Part 8)
- Poe Dameron becoming leader of the new rebellion
- In general, the new characters continue to shine and remain likeable.

Cons:
- No BB-8 vs BB-9E. :stopitslime: Come on, man, that was an obvious cute little droid fight to have :lolbron:
- Not enough Chewie, C3PO, or R2D2. I get it, they are trying to phase out the old guard, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
- Luke's death. Glad he wasn't murdered but I still think he should've hung around for the entire trilogy (and survived). They took Han and Luke away from us on purpose and now they'll have to write out Leia, this trilogy is kind of depressing and leaves a bitter taste in how the classic characters are being represented.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Movie was kinda :trash:

Last movie was better. Can’t believe the critics gamed me up on this being touching or fitting. You can see Disney slipping back into that episode prequel goofy shyt. Too many animals, and the focus on that Lil cac at the end was the strawberry on the shyt pile.

Killed off Luke for no good reason at all, and shytted on all the non cannon that was thousands of times better.

I was hype about the light speed attack, I’m gonna just accept it as the fact that it wasn’t complete lightspeed yet so there is probably a timing condition about it that made it inadvertently work, prolly the best scene in the movie graphics wise.

But back to the shyt show... Finn showed basically no growth, Rey is being set up to be a nobody in regards to storyline, they did nothing to expand her origin. Snook was a complete waste of a villain having done nothing at all. I just feel like this movie progressed nothing in the story for as much happened.

Disney assfukking the whole Star Wars cannon, shoulda known a fukk up like this was coming after that battlefield scandle. Please somebody give this to another director or something, George Lucas woulda protected the franchise if he still had lead.

This going the dragon ball route, this shyt was “Star Wars GT”. They gonna have to reboot this shyt again. Garbage.

5/10.

100% agree. The fact that mark hamil is like :yeshrug: :francis: :dwillhuh: says enough

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it tonight, not sure of all my thoughts since one felt really bloated with all the subplots in this one.

Did really like how they presented the star wars universe, with the landscapes/animals. Thought that was a nice touch.

Two big takeaways for me though. Snoke getting killed off like that:dahell::what: And Rey is still the "mary sue" button. :comeon: And Luke being:hhh: :patrice:for the most part.