Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That trilogy is going to bomb. The fatigue will set in.

Star Wars has peaked. From here on out all we are going to get are watered down copies of other movies and other characters.

No one is EVER going to be able to top what Lucas did, the prequels notwithstanding. Rian Johnson can only give us his best Lucas impression.
At first I thought this Star Wars every December shyt was a good idea but after a 3rd year of this shyt I realize it was a mistake

You nailed it about fatigue setting in

Here I am, all in the Last Jedi thread and ain't even seen the movie:russ: because I was suddenly like "Man I don't give a fukk about that movie :camby:I'll see it when I see it"

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
So what's thecoli consensus on this movie? It seems like every time one these movies come out they're goat then the heel turn happens two months later but I'm already seeing some push back towards this movie.

they turned star wars episode 7-9 into one of these shytty generic comic books movies that will need a "reboot" due to not serving the story properly.

disney pretty much over estimated their ability with this project because they're feeling themselves too much due to the success of marvel movies. I hope they've learned that star wars is serious business.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've heard that, when it comes to viewer/audience scores, the only place to trust is cinemascore. The reason Cinemascore is the only valid one is because it's the only one that the only polls people who actually saw the movie. When it comes to RT and IMDB's audience score, you don't even have to see the movie to vote on it. RT and IMDB even have audience scores for movies before they've even been publicly released. Cinemascore, however, only polls people in person at the theater after they've seen the movie. That way you know the people have definitely seen the movie that they're judging. According to Cinemascore, the movie scored an A among regular non-critic people who views the movie. Therefore, even though this movie has low audience scroes on IMDB and RT, you have to take that with a grain of salt because you don't even have to see the movie to vote on those platforms.
Double Toasted gave an honest review as well

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Well Ben did it to protect and hide Luke and Leia from him. The idea being if he knew their thoughts or knew he had kids out there, through the Force, he'd be able to sense them. So it's a different scenario here. But I think they just wanted to be truthful with Ben, not hide anything from him. They probably felt like they were lied to

Thanks to the prequels we learn Ben hid Luke with Darth Vader's brother-in-law, in Darth Vader's hometown, with the same last name :heh:

*step-brother

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It’s a good discussion but the Latino guy is right.

Also, you know someone is full of shyt when they claim to love the movie but admit the Finn/Rose plot, a third of the story, was trash:russ:

Latino breh is not as connected to Disney as the Schmoes are. He didn't even get to go to the world premiere so I can see why he spoke truth.

On the other hand, they named a planet in one of the books after Harloff (the host of that video) so you can see why he'd only go as far as saying it was mediocre on first viewing.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Anyone notice that Pablo and the rest of the Story Group are getting off scott-free while Rian is the scapegoat.

Anything he wrote could've been overturned by the Story Group.
what do yo mean? doesn't rian as the director have final say.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
how do you guys think rae will complete her jedi training.

while it's true that yoda and luke can obviously appear as ghost, they certainly cannot train a jedi as one.
In the final scene Rey will go Star killer and pull a star destroyer out the sky with one hand

dc8f23c5a902065b25b9e6a632f50166.jpg

With Hux dead, Kylo emerges from the rubble for the final battle

Jesus I can write the greatest Star Wars movie ever created

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks to the prequels we learn Ben hid Luke with Darth Vader's brother-in-law, in Darth Vader's hometown, with the same last name :heh:

*step-brother

And I think because...yeah I can’t even figure out a way out of that one :russ:

Ben did stay behind to watch over the boy though... at least he wasn't by himself.. but luke's aunt & uncle where nobody's (like Rey's parents) so even the skywalker name didn't draw attention to anybody. and only the aunt, uncle, ben, vader, emperor and senator knew Vader was Anakin. Vader had no reason to even be on that planet so he wouldn't even know about Luke.. .. He only went there to track R2 ..then it all unfolded