Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I thought about it and what y'all 2 said ...

this new trilogy is not about the skywalkers its about the FORCE...... ep is called The Force Awakens .. ep 8 is the last JEdi .... this trilogy is about putting an end to the skywalker chosen one prophecy and leaving the force to be in control of its own destiny... don't wanna bring religion into this but this turning into ... instead of believing in god to maintain us ... we all have a piece of god inside and need to channel that power within us all...

exactly. this is what i took away from it as well. Kylo saying "destroy the past if you must" throughout the movie is a theme in 7 and 8 (han and luke) and i assume it'll continue in 9. even the scene with yoda was important. yoda knows it's a new era and was ok with destroying the old jedi teachings/books because you can't apply it to the present time. it's just a transition to a new generation.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but Luke was never the chosen one it was Anakin.... the entire OT is about Anakins redemption ... after all he is the one that killed the emperor and since he turned back good they are technically no more sith
I never said he was the chosen one

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but Luke was never the chosen one it was Anakin.... the entire OT is about Anakins redemption ... after all he is the one that killed the emperor and since he turned back good they are technically no more sith

Yeah there's a reason the movie is called Return of the Jedi. The first 6 movies are really about Anakin's rise, fall, and redemption. Luke's journey runs parallel to it

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh the entire time I was like “Luke gonna show up at the end and just wreck these nikkas whole army” :banderas:

When he “survived” all those blaster shots from the walkers I was like “He is the One:gladbron:. He’s about to rip those vehicles to shreds with the Force :wow:

Then I thought he was gonna school Kylo in lightsaber combat only to find out he’s a fukking hologram and dies right after :gucci:

You put me through 3 of the original episodes about the prodigal son and he goes out like that? :pacspit:
:russ: You aint lyin. When I saw that scene I was like "they going to redeem Luke after shyting on him the whole movie"

IgMyx.gif

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
Ima watch it later this week but damn y'all nikkaz got me depressed as shyt for this one :mjcry: I'm only going to see it just to see if its as bad as y'all saying it is I mean I already knew finn was the kunta kinte of star wars when I saw TFA but if he actually wakes up out of the coma Crylo Ren put him in screaming REYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!:russell: ima be like :flabbynsick: John boyega gotta be a straight c00n but then again he's British and those black Britains don't give a fukk about us black men in America :francis:

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
Let's talk about how the technology of the Last Jedi takes a step back.

They still got dot Matrix screens for targeting systems...:dahell:

That resistance bomber looks like something from the PRE prequel era...:mindblown:

Even the B wing fighter looks way ahead of that who's doing the vehicle designs and lucasfilm these days I mean really??
:camby:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Breh the entire time I was like “Luke gonna show up at the end and just wreck these nikkas whole army” :banderas:

When he “survived” all those blaster shots from the walkers I was like “He is the One:gladbron:. He’s about to rip those vehicles to shreds with the Force :wow:

Then I thought he was gonna school Kylo in lightsaber combat only to find out he’s a fukking hologram and dies right after :gucci:

You put me through 3 of the original episodes about the prodigal son and he goes out like that? :pacspit:QUOTE
It can be argued that anakin/vader is the prodigal son since he brought balance to the force and ended the empire

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The same people would right now be saying how forced that decision was :manny:
But it works better plot and story telling wise.

Luke: The Darkside is down that hole.:francis:

Rey:*climbs in hole*:mjpls:

Rey:*does snapping mirror games and sees palpatine starting back in the mirror*:sadbron:

Luke: *Standing right behind her looking like a crazed homeless person saber raised ready to murk her like he tried Kylo.*
:merchant:

*Insert minor fight scene and talk about choices and how nobody beyond redemption*

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Yall keep saying anakin brought balance to the force but he djdnt cuz then who the fukk is snoke? It could also be said that anakin by even having children could still be the chosen one by them or children doing somethjng great but this shyt is currently all over the place with themes. It was lazy thats all.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Finn really shouldn’t even be in the next movie tbh:manny:
No way Finn is not one of the leaders of the new Resistance. The Resistance is about 10 people deep at the end of TLJ with no Leia. That along with no one showing up when Leia sent out the help signal at the end, Finn, Rey & Poe are going to have to rebuild it using their hero status that Rose talked about at the beginning when she met Finn.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Disney gave RJ his own new Star Wars trilogy because they like this so much:manny:

That trilogy is going to bomb. The fatigue will set in.

Star Wars has peaked. From here on out all we are going to get are watered down copies of other movies and other characters.

No one is EVER going to be able to top what Lucas did, the prequels notwithstanding. Rian Johnson can only give us his best Lucas impression.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Finn was truely pointless in this film. His importance had absolutely zero impact on the film. Why even have him there.

What just to introduce the code cracker as the new Lando and that dumb stable sweeping cac child?

Not one plot element involving Finn was successful besides building up a relationship with him and that jughead Asian girl