Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Exactly but that's my point, if someone is closed to the force they are not detectable.

Palpatine didn't just close himself but he was skilled enough to consciously do it, so it doesn't matter how many Jedi were walking around - he was undetectable.
He took it a step further then TLJ Luke closing himself off; he was able to mask himself within the "profane", and create an entirely false presence in the Force for the Jedi to sense. To them he was just an unassuming, sympathetic, but somewhat power hungry Senator. It was such a flawless cover that some Jedi even admired and actively supported him :russ:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It's funny how many people were upset with the first for being such a heavy-handed nostalgia kick to then see how many people are mad with this one for not offering up enough nostalgia fan service :heh:

And assassinating Luke's character in two ways, not answering Snoke's origins and telling us Rey's parents were nobodies which doesn't explain her strength in the force but ok, everyone doesn't like it because there wasn't "enough nostalgia fan service".

As a sci-fi film it's cool as a Star Wars movie it's mediocre at best.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
It's funny how many people were upset with the first for being such a heavy-handed nostalgia kick to then see how many people are mad with this one for not offering up enough nostalgia fan service :heh:

This is true... but there problem with TFA was that it had NO originality. The problem with this one is that it comes after TFA and in an effort to be original, throws away a lot of the stuff that makes Star Wars what it is.

I will give TLJ props for one thing... the fakeouts were pretty dope. I know we all assumed that Poe was right and his last ditch effort plans would work... because that's what we're used to seeing.

TLJ fukked up a lot of the Jedi mythos tho. I personally didn't care about Rey's parents, but they gotta get some standardization to these damn Jedi powers. You had a newcomer fighting and besting a supposed Jedi prodigy. You had Leia floating through space. You had Luke projecting his body millions of miles away. In the first scene in TFA, Kylo is suspending blaster fire in mid air. He literally never shows that type of power ever again.​

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't like how we have NEVER seen kylo ren stop blaster fire outside of the first scene in the force awakens. that was dope as fukk, and they've never revisited that power. nor do they showimg him being adept with sith lightning. vader couldn't do it cuz he was a cyborg, but kylo ren should be able to.
I think thats part of what Snoke constantly jabs at him about and his character in general. His raw power and potential on some Gohan shyt not being finessed as it should be and as versed as it should be with that amount of power...because he is broken inside and can never be as powerful as he can be because his balance will always be off. The stronger he gets with the Dark, the more his Light pulls at him, holding him back. Likewise, the same happens with his Light I guess. He just cant get right. I like that about his character. Only reason I want to watch these movies.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
also..wtf was up wit thechewie/luke reunion.

basically treated chewie like a nobody in this film he dont do shyt. he comes in sees luke, luke realizes hans gone, they have a talk we dont see and then chewie spends the rest of the time chillin in the falcom by himself.

they dont even get together to have a talk about han.. theres so many problems in this movie.. it totally neglects everything before it to be its own story. fukk this rian guy
Even more weird the fact boyega and Ridley have practically zero dialogue together after his sole motivation being the location of Rey........

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He took it a step further then TLJ Luke closing himself off; he was able to mask himself within the "profane", and create an entirely false presence in the Force for the Jedi to sense. To them he was just an unassuming, sympathetic, but somewhat power hungry Senator. It was such a flawless cover that some Jedi even admired and actively supported him :russ:

Was that rule of 2 some uncontested rule or just a master and an apprentice no organized jedi councel shyt because where is the balance if u had 500 jedi and 2 sith dudes? At least i thought thats how they would explain snoke and if a crew bump into other sith lords they either keep wuiet about it or fight to the death.