Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
He wanted to kill him then had a change of heart while he was coming to this realisation kylo woke up. By that time luke was already like :whoa:. We dont know how things would have been if he was on guard and ready for combat
Luke watching him sleep:
giphy.gif

Kylo like:
C5PDMwXUkAAtd4v.jpg:large

Luke:
SgVAIvf.gif

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@Soymuscle Mike can't leave out "I love democracy. I love the Republic :troll: "

Palpatine the master troll :lolbron:

I swear if the movie didn't have to deal with the setup that the last time Anakin/Padme met he was 8 years old it would've been perfect.

But they have to get over that + have her fall for him + do the Tattooine stuff.

It was too much. They should've been equals in TPM.

Still love that flick:wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
See this is just because the writer decided it was irrelevant so he wasn't gonna attempt to address it . If you want that to be the case then effectively address it in a Star Wars way .

And okay cool that bugs you. Doesn’t bug me at all. And like I said that ain’t changing. I get that it bugs you and I’m not saying you’re wrong for that; couldn’t say that with a straight face if I tried. But it doesn’t bug me at all.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Movie was wild inconsistent, but I enjoyed it

People have a problem with Snoke's death, but I loved it. It's not uncommon for powerful Sith masters (I know he's not Sith) to be defeated without being overpowered by someone stronger.

Darth Plagious - Sidious got him drunk then killed him when he fell asleep

Darth Sidious - was so focused in electrocuting Luke to death he couldn't even sense Vader plotting and running up on him to toss him to the basement

Snoke was so arrogant and bent on humiliating not only Rey but his apprentice it didn't even come to his mind that he could get got. It's already natural for apprentice to want to overtake master when opportunity arises, he just sped up the process by constantly disrespecting his in front of people
I do have a problem with no explanation before his death about where he came from though

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

@Darth Humanist

take that ridiculous thing off :russ:

That was as RJ shytting on the entire Star Wars/Vader optics and I hated it. Imo Ren should have never shown his face, would have made him more bad ass.

Now they got the dude 1/2 naked mentally texting Rey in the middle of the night like a teenager!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The one glaring issue I have with this movie and maybe it’s not even an “issue” in the typical sense but, I have no clue what the stakes are for the capper. Like what the hell is the conflict that needs resolution in the third movie outside of the normal “well the new order has to be defeated”? Ren has made her choice between dark and light. Kylo has ascended. The new order is kinda decimated and the resistance got a big W with new people to lead it now that the old guard is gone. I don’t have the “so what” for episode 9.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing but it could potentially be.
That was as RJ shytting on the entire Star Wars/Vader optics and I hated it. Imo Ren should have never shown his face, would have made him more bad ass.

Now they got the dude 1/2 naked mentally texting Rey in the middle of the night like a teenager!

Ren not showing his face would’ve went against his whole thing of breaking the past and starting his own legacy. Snoke told him to take it off because he clearly didn’t deserve it and he was a boy playing dress up. I feel like Ren realized that and decided in that elevator shaft to do his own thing and make his own choices and that everything around him needed to be burned down

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know, it actually looks like Finn is being used to "even the score" with how women have allegedly been portrayed in comparison to men. The problem is, none of the women in Star Wars have ever been portrayed as inferior to the men as Finn is to any of the characters in the ST. None of them have ever been used as the comic-relief character. It's even worse considering that he's supposedly trained from birth to be competent. Like, I really don't see how people who can see how important it is for women to empowered and competent can't see the same thing for a black character.

Was Boyega busy filming other movies? It felt like he was barely in this one and didn't have nearly as many lines as TFA. They completely wasted Finn in this one.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Was Boyega busy filming other movies? It felt like he was barely in this one and didn't have nearly as many lines as TFA. They completely wasted Finn in this one.

He's headlining, and co-producing, the Pacific Rim sequel, I think shooting started while they were still filming TLJ.

Could explain why they separated him from the rest for most of it.
MV5BMjQ1NjA2MDE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjMyOTc2MzI@._V1_UY1200_CR64,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
as someone who isnt the biggest star wars fan i enjoyed this and rogue one much more than the past films. still id rate it "pretty good.'' i see alot of people in uproar in some of these reviews and admittedly i prolly dont get what its missing that made the others supposedly so great.

enjoyed hamil and the kylo/rae stuff
del toro got on my nerves.