Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think I'm just gonna talk about the movie itself, from this point on.

I'm still tryna figure out what is the main purpose of these characters? Kylo, I kinda get but I really don't. He's emotional, impulsive but mostly angry. But why? I know why he's angry at Luke, but why Han? Why not mom dukes? And as for Rey, what does she want? Is she for the Resistance, avenging Han, waiting on her parents, searching for a family? She's already the best of the best at everything, so...As for Poe, he's a hot shot pilot but sits out most of the movie. But I love how he and 3PO play off each other.

Question.

How would you guys have written this trilogy. like a quick draft

I don't really have any thoughts for the complete trilogy, but I do have some ideas. First and foremost, this is still the Skywalker Saga. nd the biggest hinderance to Jedi were how they dealt with attachments. This deals with how do the NJO handle that and why must their always be balance

In keeping some of the aspects of TFA:
-Luke is on Jedi Island, same as in TFA. However, the reasoning is different. He went to grieve his wife, after their mission went awry.
-He has trained 2 different classes of Jedi, the second including Jacen Solo aka Kylo Ren, and his own son Ben Skywalker.
-Ben is estranged from his pops because mom, Mara Jade is dead. And he blames the Force and Jedi culture. He wants no parts of that so he is a smuggler/scoundrel. No need for him to be in the movie...at least the first.
-Jacen broke off from Luke's order after a fight, lured to the darkside by a woman, his girlfriend, Snoke's assistant. And started the knights of ren.
-Jaina is close to Chewie & R2. Han is a part-time General, part-time trader. Jaina is much like him, and sometimes accompanies him. She's Force sensitive, but it's not really known that she would be powerful. The Force awakens in her.
-Leia remains the same as TFA, leading the resistance.
-The Empire immediately had things in control to continue their reign after death of Palpatine. After all, there's always someone wanting that spot.
-Finn is the Stormtrooper that is force-sensitive that broke off...pretty much TFA
-Poe is the hotshot pilot that gets sent on suicide missions, gets captured and discovers Finn. They com back to the resistance.
-Instead of looking for Skywalker, the movie is about Kylo truly turning by killing his sister to sway the balance. Movie 1 is told from his perspective. So it is a race to kill/save Jaina.
-Luke comes out of seclusion just for that. Han dies etc etc.

Ep VIII
-Jaina being trained because of her turning out to be equal with Kylo in raw power. Luke has to help her hone it. He is also training Finn, the former Stormtrooper.
-Her, Finn & Poe become friends. Her & Poe can fall for each other. Kylo hates Poe because of this. He hates Finn too, because that is his equal in certain powers.
-She has to stop Jacen, so they fight.
-Leia sacrifices herself for the cause.
-Ben has to make amends with Luke, he returns with the Falcon...after being discovered and hunted.
-Turns out the FO (Snoke) wants the entire Skywalker line eliminated, including Kylo. He's just using Kylo to get closer.

Ep IX
-Luke, coming to terms that there must always be balance, not Jedi, not Sith but everyone has bits of both.
-He dies.
-Kylo, Jaina & Ben fight to take down the FO.
-Setup the new-New Jedi Order, using what the know of the Force, and their place in it. Ends the Skywalker tale.
-Set up next series with or without Skywalkers, but with Poe & Finn.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps

But by in large, The Last Jedi’s examination of gender politics does fit into this trilogy’s message that the true heirs to the power in this universe are not white men like Hux and Kylo but women and people of color.

She is all but suggesting that white men are the root of all evil in the world, and that women and people of color are scientifically less prone to corruption and greed. That right there is the epitome of racism and sexism.

And how dare any white woman lump themselves in with people of color, as if their plight has ever been remotely the same. Eagerly awaiting a new white savior movie starring Meryl Streep where she plays the wife of an evil slaveowner and starts a revolt that ends with her freeing all the slaves. You know... gotta make sure it's historically accurate.

All in all the fact that we are even having these conversations because of a STAR WARS movie is an absolute fukking joke. Congrats Kuntleen Kennedy I hope you are happy.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
That was the Elite Praetorian Guard

The Knights of Ren didn't appear (and weren't even mentioned), but I expect them to return and play a major role in IX. Especially since JJ is returning as Director, and he was the one who not only created the KOR, but has expressed interest in directing a film starring them.
Thank you, i knew you would come through..i didnt think theywerebut thought someone mentioned thats who the guard was. Props.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
This movie felt completely uninspired. Nothing worked in this because the script was trash.

Luke and Rey's time together felt rushed. She didn't even get any real training. The rebels running from the enemy fleet was literally them stallling for time for 70% of the movie. Finn and Rose's quest had no tension or weight to it. The Phasma fight was over in 30 seconds and Finn didn't even get a real win. Even when Luke got his action scenes it was a hologram so that shyt was pointless. He didn't even get a real death:why:. They didn't build up Snoke enough for his death to matter. They should have had him kill Leia or a big character so we'd care when he got bodied.

I can't believe they dropped the ball on this. It felt like they were just trying to make a deadline and threw something together. Even though TFA copied a New Hope it felt like they cared about the material. They should have let JJ handle this because it didn't feel anything like TFA and none of the characters had any growth in this one. They should have had a separate character arcs.
Snoke wasn't the villain of either movie so his death isn't really supposed to be significant. He's a Kylo Ren plot device.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Rogue One tie in
DRR90BkUIAEsunk.jpg

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
You know, it actually looks like Finn is being used to "even the score" with how women have allegedly been portrayed in comparison to men. The problem is, none of the women in Star Wars have ever been portrayed as inferior to the men as Finn is to any of the characters in the ST. None of them have ever been used as the comic-relief character. It's even worse considering that he's supposedly trained from birth to be competent. Like, I really don't see how people who can see how important it is for women to empowered and competent can't see the same thing for a black character.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
You know, it actually looks like Finn is being used to "even the score" with how women have allegedly been portrayed in comparison to men. The problem is, none of the women in Star Wars have ever been portrayed as inferior to the men as Finn is to any of the characters in the ST. None of them have ever been used as the comic-relief character. It's even worse considering that he's supposedly trained from birth to be competent. Like, I really don't see how people who can see how important it is for women to empowered and competent can't see the same thing for a black character.

And they won't unless it's a black character that is a female or gay

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Leia seems plenty strong in Return of the Jedi. Kills Jabba. Leads the mission to deactivate the deflector shields. Yoda and Obi have no problem with Leia taking over the jedi cause if Luke fails, ect. Fem and womanly, but a brave leader.