Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Wow a lot of hate on this thread which is surprising
Anyway I liked movie despite its issues it did have some pretty questionable stuff the most questionable being freaking Leia I mean that was just totally out of nowhere.
Finn is still a freaking goober butt at least he got him a PAAG :yeshrug:
I liked the development of kylo ren though but I'll agree with the criticism that his power levels are inconsistent the idea that he would need help dealing with those clowns at the end? Laughable
All that being said movie was fun and it surprised me quite a few times 4/5

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie felt completely uninspired. Nothing worked in this because the script was trash.

Luke and Rey's time together felt rushed. She didn't even get any real training. The rebels running from the enemy fleet was literally them stallling for time for 70% of the movie. Finn and Rose's quest had no tension or weight to it. The Phasma fight was over in 30 seconds and Finn didn't even get a real win. Even when Luke got his action scenes it was a hologram so that shyt was pointless. He didn't even get a real death:why:. They didn't build up Snoke enough for his death to matter. They should have had him kill Leia or a big character so we'd care when he got bodied.

I can't believe they dropped the ball on this. It felt like they were just trying to make a deadline and threw something together. Even though TFA copied a New Hope it felt like they cared about the material. They should have let JJ handle this because it didn't feel anything like TFA and none of the characters had any growth in this one. They should have had a separate character arcs.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Question.

How would you guys have written this trilogy. like a quick draft

These movies have and should have written themselves. by simply playing it forward to the characters and their origins as it relates to droids.
Plus midichlorians and how or why the force existed in the manner of wielding it arose.
The mistake started in episode one,..
[now, granted general consensus of the prequels is typically poor. yet i enjoy the prequels two and three and think they rival four and five and top six, rotj rather easily too]

imo, episode one should have kicked off with obi one as a kid with GUI jon[forgive my spelling] and the defeat of Droid armies and explain how the force came to be from the jedi's forming from rebellion against droids and how plagius came to be from first creating clones yet having no real power center like real humans. As to where midichlorians are a result of the experiments and radioactive vitamins given to humans and or life forms. Whom are used as mining slaves on what ever native or deposited planet the droids can inhabit conquer and mine. Leading to eventually nature taking course.
leading to the superpowers that the Jedi soon name themselves and come to yield, calling it the force.
Which in turn leads to the over throwing of the droids.
Plus their resulting failed directive experiments, yielding the sith.
Which also over throw and reprogram sentient directive of droids in victory. where droids are regulated to be subservient. The droids almost taking over would be from their own undoing as people infected with radiation and being used for mining power purposes developed the use of the power from the force from the spirit of all living things decimated from the droids ruling and destroying life, all life it came across. The force and the jedi's could just be splintered easily by having the sith be the result of Droid force welders gone awry from too much exposure to radiation and a midiclorian imbalance.

From that creates the space voyage tattered homeless shelter like clothing featured all around the poverty laced harsh conditions featured in the what feels like just on the verge of space slavery like landscape to star wars. Where being black those backgrounds connect with me and I feel those backgrounds and feeling exist for others as well. Like even in a future what if scenario we never escape this. Anyway from there, the first episode features young obi one, GUI jon. The formation of the Jedi council, and the senate and palapatine as well.
Where we also see general organa and amidala'a father and pregnant mother with a blaster in action as well. Leading to however it is amidala comes to be princess and of course her parents demise.
i also would have explained the species of yoda being a species that shrank in stature as they aged. similar to that one episode of the dungeons and dragons when they met the space ship kids. where venger wanted their space ship and their protector was a kid who was like conan and the adults were teenager and the children were the elders. so, over time yoda would lose his physical ability and stature but not his ability to master the force thus giving us the moment of yoda encountering palapatine and or plagius as a larger more imposing figure.
then the stark contrast when he is older and much smaller as well in combat.
the first movie would explain all the central aliens, from yoda to hut's, to the wookies to general ackbar.
that would have stood out in the series as of importance as well.
it would also explain why their was a shortage of black people and why mace windu was of importance as well as a calrissian mixed in this shortage of black people as well.

Episode two we meet Anakin, and witness his creation and the origin of palpatin as plagius's ultimate human like sith clone creation. Where Anakin is placed there and leading to windu's discovery of the plot and never being able to make out if Anakin was ever to be trusted or not.
which leads to the clone war sub plot and the directive to kill all jedi as well. being subplanted into the senate. including palpatine achievements in the darkside enabling him to fire blasts of energy and change his form from sith to human as well. all form his apprenticeship and eventual coup of plagius and the sith. yet losing anakin to obi won during the fray of this battle. where obi won is still somewhat a youngling but old enough to be a padawan in development to be a jedi. that also leads to him gaining sympathy and eventually swaying the jedi council to allow anakin to accompany obi won in jedi training.
while also, windu, gui jon and a steadily shrinking yoda continue to look at anakin in a distrustful yet understanding of the force matter.
where we end with palpatine still making headway in the senate.
yet morphing his clone agent and protocol 66 action into further motion across the galaxy and accompanying solar sytem.

Episode three : Is the same movie we got in return of the sith. Except, palpatine unearths his plot to windu before windu's death??!!
Tack on the failed clone plot from ep. 2, and the good from return of the sith where Anakin goes awry from his reveal of his origin and amidala being ill during her pregnancy closer to death. Forcing anakin to the dark side genetically and morally as well. Which we get the creation of Vader. Only wrong Lucas did was never giving us the origins of midiclorians and the sith.
In the new movies they had license to write the origin of the sith and the force committed to film and did not.
You can not waste film time or content on screen and this movie wasted two full movies of screen time as well.
All the newe movies had to do was continue to explain the deception of the Skywalker blood line and just if it was the tipping point in the force and ultimate victory. which was a byproduct of the skywalker blood line being derived from sith practices.

In the last two movies the first movie should have been about the origin of the children of Luke, leia, Han. Chewiee, and lando.
with the skywalker bloodline coming into play with the turning of one of the skywalker children to the darkside and almost reforming the empire or reforming the empire.
the introduction of mara jade and her trying to plot and kill luke, and luke over coming her and them falling in love. leading to a child being born after the death of one of luke's neice and nephew or both. who have succumbed to the dark side and also lead to the upgrade to leia as a force user as well.

The next movie should have explained and killed Mara jade and forced luke to the dark side and how his child was alive and the key to his ultimate victory or death.
With the last movie in the trilogy explaining the after life and if luke could assail to the good side of the force in death.
considering his acts and going rogue to the dark side.
where the threat of his death is pretty much the tipping point of the third trilogy movie.

Art Barr

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was written by George Lucas the screenplay was written by Laurence Kasdan. Are nikkas just making shyt up in this thread to support this trash ass movie.:dwillhuh:

Lucas had little to do with Empire Strikes Back, the script was by Kasan and Brackett. Lucas was the Executive Producer. His input for Empire Strikes Back was as much as Nolan in Man of Steel. So you make it different because Lucas came with the story? The point is that Empire Strikes Back was POLARIZING back in 1980.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to see this last night with this chick that was completely ignorant to Star Wars other than that her father owns the original trilogy on DVD and watches it a lot. She went because I wanted to see it. She claims to really have liked it and kept saying it over and over. I left feeling confused but I just kept agreeing with her and couldn't really express my issues with someone who'd never watched any of the movies. I couldn't even put my finger on exactly what I didn't like. But thanks to this thread I have some clarity. Snoke was disappointing. Rey's background was disappointing. shyt a lot was disappointing. The Leia shyt didn't bother me. In fact I had the :skip: face when she did her shyt. Because while no movie has ever touched on her being force sensitive, my young ass did back in the 80's with my Star Wars action figures lol. I used to have epic stories that were a lot better than this.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
They had lots of footage that they could have manipulated to kill off Leia IMO. Use her death as more motivation for Luke to come out of hiding and also reinforce Kylo as a true villain.

I dunno :manny:

Still very disappointed by the movie but the special effects on the red mineral planet & that suicide space scene were high points for me.

Also that throne room battle. :blessed:

AND WHERE THE fukk ARE THE KNIGHTS OF REN MY nikka :stopitslime:

Code

Banned
Daps
They made SURE not to give Finn the hot asian sister HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1406272460-ngothanhvan2.jpg

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
They had lots of footage that they could have manipulated to kill off Leia IMO. Use her death as more motivation for Luke to come out of hiding and also reinforce Kylo as a true villain.

I dunno :manny:

Still very disappointed by the movie but the special effects on the red mineral planet & that suicide space scene were high points for me.

Also that throne room battle. :blessed:

AND WHERE THE fukk ARE THE KNIGHTS OF REN MY nikka :stopitslime:
Didnt they kill the knights of ren? Kylo/rey

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah nah nah let me clarify: I'm not saying they're not going to do something like an Obi wan story that I'm not asking for or you may not be asking for. I'm saying this: in your story, whatever that story is whether its on paper or on screen, the only questions that will be answered or at least addressed, will be the questions your characters ask. If they don't ask, it won't get brought up. Like in Ghostbusters, Ray and Egon don't ask many questions because they've got the answers. So Vankmen asks the questions because he clearly doesn't know and wants to know. But if he's not in that movie and its just Egon and Ray, there's a good chance a lot of those questions don't get asked and don't get answered as a result. Or like my batman example of the dark knight and the joker. Batman doesn't give a shyt about where joker came from or how he came to be. He just wants him put in jail. The minute you start just writing exposition for the sake of exposition, then you're a bad writer.

Now like I said earlier, the question should be why doesn't anyone on screen within that universe want answers to the questions you do and other fans do? Why to them is the shyt inconsequential or just irrelevant?
See this is just because the writer decided it was irrelevant so he wasn't gonna attempt to address it . If you want that to be the case then effectively address it in a Star Wars way .

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Didnt they kill the knights of ren? Kylo/rey
That was the Elite Praetorian Guard

The Knights of Ren didn't appear (and weren't even mentioned), but I expect them to return and play a major role in IX. Especially since JJ is returning as Director, and he was the one who not only created the KOR, but has expressed interest in directing a film starring them.