Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
So the legacy of the sky walkers after this is that they caused the fall of the republic and a galactic civil war, and their last surviving heir is the leader of the first order.
That's it? They were the worst thing to happen to the galaxy.
There’s no way in hell Lucas is feeling this.

I keep telling y’all Disney is overrated. The MCU is because of Feige

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
archerfilmfestival-web-img_4330_-_h_2017.jpg
It is SOOOO obvious that feminism is driving this trilogy

And outside of Rogue One it’s driving it into the ground

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie A establishes a character's traits.

Movie B, a sequel to Movie A, ignores everything previously established about that same character.

And yet you still don't understand why some fans aren't buying it?
Exactly it's a sequel to a movie in a supposedly planned trilogy . I don't want to see all the stuff discarded and reset for no reason .
First off...who even hinted at Snoke corrupting Kylo before he was born tho? Luke said Snoke already got to him and that's when he was young.

This isn't to say some of the stuff you pointed out isn't valid. Luke not coming to help his sister is wack to me. But Luke communicating to his sister what his plan was is possible. Did he or didn't he? Doesn't really matter because the arc was for Poe to realize "hm, maybe I shouldn't be a hot head right now and look at tactics" Haldo not telling Poe his plan is also wack and yes done for the sake of screenwriting and the sake of the movie while ignoring internal logic. Now does Poe need to learn patience? Yes but there could've been a way to do that without having characters make stupid choices for the sake of it.

I'm with you on some of that but for that Snoke stuff, nah can't get with it.
you know who hinted the snoke influencing ben in the womb stuff ???? fukking Lucas films in the Star Wars aftermath books and other material that are cannon And hinted at the importance of the outer regions and how the emperor felt some dark presence out there and how some remenants of the empire ran out there. This is cannon stuff breh which they are selling and want my money for BUT decide that RJ can ignore or discard cause he didn't think snoke was important to the story and how he wanted to tell it. You can't have it every way . I'm a comic fan I'm aware of elseworld style storylines Star Wars threw away the legends cannon to make their own , fine . But at least honor the shyt ! Laura dern in interviews not knowing basic things about a character she's playing since apparently they don't tell them anything .
I have no issue with changes or the idea that snoke isn't important to the grand scheme of things my issue is the handling and then the ohhhh stop complaining this isn't Wikipedia stuff . I've seen brick and looper ( never saw brother bloom ) and Johnson isn't a question answering type of guy , he's just a storyteller who only seem so to he able to do his own thing

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:krs:

He didnt defeat luke, luke committed suicide

Well that’s not how it went at all:gucci:

Luke was sacrificing himself. Don’t make it seem like Kylo is stronger.
Im talking about when padawan Kylo woke up from his sleep with Uncle Luke looking at him and Kylo proceeded to bust his azz and kick down the buildings of the new Jedi order.

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I liked the movie more than TFA and Rogue One. Seems people are mad that NONE of the theories they spent two years crafting came true. People complaining about not knowing Snoke's backstory, ummm it took 30 years for the Emporer's background to be explained and nobody had a problem with that.

Action was on point, cinematography was much better than the previous two movies, and most of the comedy was good. Only jokes that stood out as bad were in the opening with Poe and Hux and that water suit shyt with Finn. Also they clearly have no idea what they want to do with Finn, but at least in this movie he wasn't a bait and switch character. Cut about 20 minutes from this movie and it becomes great status.

I loved how they actually made those red troopers look competent. Someone on the Empire should show some level of fighting acumen other than the sith.
What the fukk?!!!!!!!:mindblown::mindblown:

You think the action in this was better than Rogue One?!!!!:mindblown:

Ninja you have to be trolling

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Just seen this, when it was good it was good but when it sucked it really sucked. Its like rian disregarded TFA on the sly.

TFA - rey is practically invincible can fight and can summon the force at will.

TLJ - she is begging luke to teach her the way of the jedi.

So if luke didnt even know her who taught her what she knows then :why:

e
Rey is just raw strength. She wanted luke to help her make sense of it, and control it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly it's a sequel to a movie in a supposedly planned trilogy . I don't want to see all the stuff discarded and reset for no reason .

you know who hinted the snoke influencing ben in the womb stuff ???? fukking Lucas films in the Star Wars aftermath books and other material that are cannon And hinted at the importance of the outer regions and how the emperor felt some dark presence out there and how some remenants of the empire ran out there. This is cannon stuff breh which they are selling and want my money for BUT decide that RJ can ignore or discard cause he didn't think snoke was important to the story and how he wanted to tell it. You can't have it every way . I'm a comic fan I'm aware of elseworld style storylines Star Wars threw away the legends cannon to make their own , fine . But at least honor the shyt ! Laura dern in interviews not knowing basic things about a character she's playing since apparently they don't tell them anything .
I have no issue with changes or the idea that snoke isn't important to the grand scheme of things my issue is the handling and then the ohhhh stop complaining this isn't Wikipedia stuff . I've seen brick and looper ( never saw brother bloom ) and Johnson isn't a question answering type of guy , he's just a storyteller who only seem so to he able to do his own thing

Yeah which is what I'm into. I don't go into this stuff for answers to questions. I want the movie to answer the questions for me. I don't theorize, I don't watch youtube vids about Rey's parents or Snoke's lineage. I don't care. And like any filmmaker, Rian or anyone else is entitled to decide what they want to put in their movie and what they think is important. For his story and overall, I don't see anything about Snoke important outside of what I already know. There's always room for more stuff if you want that but I didn't need it. So like I said earlier and will continue saying: There's nothing you or anyone else can say to get me to decide "yup it is important" because even in the force awakens, there was never a promise of getting more info on Snoke. There was never anything anyone said that ensured there would be more answers about him. Now if it was promised in force awakens or set up and then completely discarded here, I'd be on your side. But its not bad storytelling. It's just storytelling that didn't do what you wanted it to but that doesn't make something bad. That's like saying because the dark knight didn't explore Joker's origin or give a definite answer about it, it's bad storytelling. No, it's not.

I'm not mad at you or anyone else who wanted that breh. I'm saying for me, it's moot, and for the story on screen through two movies now, it's also moot.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah which is what I'm into. I don't go into this stuff for answers to questions. I want the movie to answer the questions for me. I don't theorize, I don't watch youtube vids about Rey's parents or Snoke's lineage. I don't care. And like any filmmaker, Rian or anyone else is entitled to decide what they want to put in their movie and what they think is important. For his story and overall, I don't see anything about Snoke important outside of what I already know. There's always room for more stuff if you want that but I didn't need it. So like I said earlier and will continue saying: There's nothing you or anyone else can say to get me to decide "yup it is important" because even in the force awakens, there was never a promise of getting more info on Snoke. There was never anything anyone said that ensured there would be more answers about him. Now if it was promised in force awakens or set up and then completely discarded here, I'd be on your side. But its not bad storytelling. It's just storytelling that didn't do what you wanted it to but that doesn't make something bad. That's like saying because the dark knight didn't explore Joker's origin or give a definite answer about it, it's bad storytelling. No, it's not.

I'm not mad at you or anyone else who wanted that breh. I'm saying for me, it's moot, and for the story on screen through two movies now, it's also moot.
But that shyt isn’t mutherfukking Star Wars though :what:

Lineage and back story is what the damn thing is based on. :wtf:

And it is bad storytelling FOR THIS FRANCHISE. :camby:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
For six fukking movies plus Rogue One plus Rebels plus Clone Wars, everything about this property has been connected. Period.

This movie took a shyt on all of that.:camby:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But that shyt isn’t mutherfukking Star Wars though :what:

Lineage and back story is what the damn thing is based on. :wtf:

And it is bad storytelling FOR THIS FRANCHISE. :camby:

Disagree on the last part

And as far as the second, its always about answering questions that characters have. Any question that's been answered in a Star Wars movie has been a question the characters themselves have. Who is Luke's father? What happened to him? What happened in the Clone Wars? Who is the other Skywalker? Those are all questions characters had not specific to fans. So if a character within this universe wants to know who Snoke is, then that should be answered. But you don't answer it just because the fans say they want it.