Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Leia should’ve died when that explosion happened. I was hooked either way but that would’ve added some much needed weight to the movie.
yeah, she should have, especially given the circumstances.

Curious as hell on what they're going to do bout it.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone doesn’t have the access to the force. A percentage of people are born worth the ability to use the force. An even smaller amount of those people are chosen to be trained in their ability. So a child with the ability to use the force isn’t anything new in Star Wars. It’s important to note as well that you don’t have to be a Jedi or Sith to be a powerful force user. Those classifications are ideologies, and are really just cults when you think about it.

For example, Leia was born force sensitive, but never honed her abilities. Ezra Bridger front Rebels is another example who never received too much formal training. Hope that made sense

it makes sense and i understand what you saying, but that goes against what they just presented in this movie...luke's whole speech to rey was about everyone/thing having access/connection to the force, and that's why the jedi must end...

the issue to me is that in epi 1-6, the force was always there and acknowledged in some way, but it was still a mystery to the majority of people....they mocked it, didnt believe in it, etc....you really had to have a true connection to it and/or dive deep into it to understand/get it......these 3 new movies have taken it from behind the curtain and put it on front street and are now basically saying everyone can partake in the force, you just gotta say it enough times to make it true....

prime ex: leia...like you said, she wasnt trained/honed her connection to the force, but yet and still she was able to do what she did in this movie...come on man....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leia should’ve died when that explosion happened. I was hooked either way but that would’ve added some much needed weight to the movie.

not only that, they shouldve went through with the setup of how that explosion happened....that wouldve helped a certain character's development and went with the shyt he was saying at the end....

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
it makes sense and i understand what you saying, but that goes against what they just presented in this movie...luke's whole speech to rey was about everyone/thing having access/connection to the force, and that's why the jedi must end...

the issue to me is that in epi 1-6, the force was always there and acknowledged in some way, but it was still a mystery to the majority of people....they mocked it, didnt believe in it, etc....you really had to have a true connection to it and/or dive deep into it to understand/get it......these 3 new movies have taken it from behind the curtain and put it on front street and are now basically saying everyone can partake in the force, you just gotta say it enough times to make it true....

prime ex: leia...like you said, she wasnt trained/honed her connection to the force, but yet and still she was able to do what she did in this movie...come on man....
That’s Leia shyt came out of left field breh. But it can be explained away that she’s the child of Anakin, one of the most powerful force users ever so that was light work for her.

Look at it this way...where did Jedi come from? Not from Jedi, they weren’t allowed to have kids. So they picked normal beings up as children who had strong connections to the force.

The original trilogy really only gave us Han’s perspective on that by the way. He was the only one to really mock it. I’d say a large portion of the universe knew the Force existed especially since the Jedi were huge presences in the Clone Wars which ended not very long before the movies. Vader stamped out the Jedi to the point where i believe a certain section of people didn’t acknowledge them due to fear and conditioning. nikkas on the Death Star and in the Empire were well aware that it existed after being choked out or electrocuted :mjlol:

The issue I have with the new movies (and the cartoons) isn’t that the Force is more accessible...there will always be Force users in the galaxy. It’s what we were talking about where untrained people are picking up lightsabers and bodying nikkas. That shouldn’t happen and I don’t like the direction. Having a connection to the force and actually knowing how to use that connection are totally different things.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s Leia shyt came out of left field breh. But it can be explained away that she’s the child of Anakin, one of the most powerful force users ever so that was light work for her.

Look at it this way...where did Jedi come from? Not from Jedi, they weren’t allowed to have kids. So they picked normal beings up as children who had strong connections to the force.

The original trilogy really only gave us Han’s perspective on that by the way. He was the only one to really mock it. I’d say a large portion of the universe knew the Force existed especially since the Jedi were huge presences in the Clone Wars which ended not very long before the movies. Vader stamped out the Jedi to the point where i believe a certain section of people didn’t acknowledge them due to fear and conditioning. nikkas on the Death Star and in the Empire were well aware that it existed after being choked out or electrocuted :mjlol:

The issue I have with the new movies (and the cartoons) isn’t that the Force is more accessible...there will always be Force users in the galaxy. It’s what we were talking about where untrained people are picking up lightsabers and bodying nikkas. That shouldn’t happen and I don’t like the direction. Having a connection to the force and actually knowing how to use that connection are totally different things.

if she's never trained/honed her skills (which what's been presented, she hasnt), i dont give a damn whose child she is, you cant just pull that out your ass lol....and that's what it seems they doing with rey, finn, and everyone else....connection, cool, i understand that's the whole 'life aura connection' shyt, but being able to use it all willy nilly just cause of that connection, come on......which is my issue....which seems to be your issue with it as well...

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I really think that Episode IX is going to make significantly less money. I don't doubt it will still make a shyt ton, but I really think a lot of people will hop off the bandwagon after this one.

I just don't think Rey and Kylo could draw money like Luke and Han.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I agree, otherwise we woulda had Leia being like Rey in the first trilogy.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Rey & Kylo definitely established a strong emotionnal connection, to a point where Rey dropped everything and go on a suicidal mission to try to bring him back while he betrays & kill Snoke for her.
Reylo did happen : it wasn't romantic or passionnate (yet), but it was there (enough to make me puke).

Problem : for this storyline to "work", Rey has to be all alone : Finn had to be written off in a dumpster storyline, wih a sh***y and shoehorned pseudo-romance.

Oh, and since we need to sell more BB-8 toys, Finn had to completely fumble his way through the movie : that allowed BB-8 to do all the heavy lifting and get all the badass moments.

In TFA, Finn was Rey's sidekick. In TLJ, he was BB-8's. Tell you what : at this rate, he will become a Porg's sidekick in ep IX.