Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
What's with movie studios selling franchises w/o a game plan. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. Marvel showed us the way:why: just do a better job.

No wonder why TFA and TLJ feel like two different storylines.

JJ already said that they make everything up as they go for SW. Each director makes up the next story :dead:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people that act like those who didnt like this only do so out of the lack of nostalgia are bavkwards. If anything most of the people who didbt like this didnt get enough of the newer characters. The story isnt advanced.

Nonsense. Anakin throughout the movie had clear reasons for his temptation to the dark side, both politically and personally. Kylo grew up during peace, there is no building or explanation for his confliction other than just because. Now hes the big bad but we kjow he cant defeat Rey despite having YEARS of training on her.

I watched Sith last night, and it's so much better than this movie

And yet he washed Jedi Master Luke skywalker as padawan:dead:.

Luke instead of getting better in the force after ROTJ he was just getting more:flabbynsick:. Sad shyt.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just seen this, when it was good it was good but when it sucked it really sucked. Its like rian disregarded TFA on the sly.

TFA - rey is practically invincible can fight and can summon the force at will.

TLJ - she is begging luke to teach her the way of the jedi.

So if luke didnt even know her who taught her what she knows then :why:

TFA - Kylo gets his azz beat by rey. Snoke says bring him to me, its time to complete his training.

TLJ - Kylo is absolutely no different a character or different fighter.:dwillhuh:

TFA - Snoke is sold as this big bad

TLJ - He gets outsmarted/defeated by his incompetent apprentice?:why:

TFA - They hold off on showing luke till the last 11 secs on some grand finale shyt

TLJ - He basically spends the whole flick on an island shytting on the whole jedi mythos and then is
killed off

All in all i enjoyed it but there was very little continuity or questions answered. We got a glimpse of what Poe could be but the agenda saw to that. Boyega was made again to defer to his female co star like a clueless fool. And her disney speech when she saves him was forced as fuk

I aint a fanatic like that so its whatever but if the franchise keeps going like this they wont be events anymore

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:pacspit::pacspit:fukk this fukking movie, killed his characterisation, this was the nikka that wouldn’t give up on his dad when it appeared there was zero hope.

A royal son of a clone who had a can't quit completely far from depression attitude, too.
At least in the books after the rotj. Luke had a progress in what showed the complete destruction of his home life from his students to his family and his wife and child.
In this,...he is broken on an island with no real explanation weighted to realistically buy that as a choice for character of luke sky walker.

Art Barr

I told you those mother's groups would ruin the world.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
People BASHED Empire Strikes Back when it was 1st released in 1980..... ironically for the same reasons as with this film and the fact it wasn't written by Lucas.

Not to mention but the ENTIRE RESISTANCE was DECIMATED! They went from an entire full fleet to just 15 people able to fit in the Falcon!

it was written by George Lucas the screenplay was written by Laurence Kasdan. Are nikkas just making shyt up in this thread to support this trash ass movie.:dwillhuh:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The people that act like those who didnt like this only do so out of the lack of nostalgia are bavkwards. If anything most of the people who didbt like this didnt get enough of the newer characters. The story isnt advanced.

Nonsense. Anakin throughout the movie had clear reasons for his temptation to the dark side, both politically and personally. Kylo grew up during peace, there is no building or explanation for his confliction other than just because. Now hes the big bad but we kjow he cant defeat Rey despite having YEARS of training on her.

I watched Sith last night, and it's so much better than this movie
:snoop:i can't believe is agree with this. Anakin has by far one of the weakest face-heel turns I've ever seen in any media yet he had legit reasons.

Kylo's is because his master stood over him with a lightsaber.:upsetfavre:thats his reason for committing genocide and patricide. His uncle may have tried to kill him.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Only thing to save this trilogy is to have Rey turn to the dark side. Cause yall know Disney this shyt about to be a money grab. They making 6 or 9 of these movies overall in the next 15 years.

Call Marvel out all you want but at least they have some sort of direction and tie their films together.

They are the same company.
That eventually, the same rebellion to Disney and phoney shyt that happened in the eighties is gonna happen here.
Except this time it is gonna be an even worse erosion to the quality of human life.

Art Barr

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Friend of mine saw the fan reviews and was like :camby: and said he 'd watch when someone uploads it on a illegal stream. :deadrose:

Gonna watch this film on boxing day, was kinda so-so with the Force Awakens, dunno how I'm gonna feel with the sequel......:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
am i the only one that was taken aback by the astonishing lack of MEN leading the resistance? aside from poe and finn (who is a beta male himself)... i don't think there were any other notable male characters.

i mean i know it's 2017 and 'yay for diversity'... but do you truly think we'll ever see the day where military forces are dominantly comprised of women? OLD women? did this not ring insanely false for anyone else?

i think back to the war room scene in ANH when they're going over the attack on the death star... it felt like an actual war room... with soldiers... and pilots. it felt real.

meanwhile the resistance got the fukkin golden girls leading the charge and they wonder why they're losing the war.

The mother's group have eroded everything masculine in child rearing. To the point nothing remains on men being Heros.
Like there is no brain trust left to create great men heros anymore and you could tell from this post divorce now turned single parent era. That being a man had been lost. Which out of all children's stories was always prevalent. Now, none of that remains and that was the most hurtful part about the handling of Skywalker I will address when this movie trilogy is over.

As a matter of fact. This gives me ideas.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Not to get all Star Wars but him being offensive is all about a certain POV. That shyt don’t offend me and I love Star Wars. Don’t kowtow to me plus I agree with him so yeah

And no how Snoke seduced him is irrelevant. He’s seduced already. Now what happens as a result? That does nothing for kylos story or luke or Rey. That doesn’t serve either one of them. Much like doing an info dump on the emperor wouldn’t have served anyone 30 years ago.

They gave us an adequate info dump at the last minute on the emperor and Anakin in the last trilogy, tho.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They gave us an adequate info dump at the last minute on the emperor and Anakin in the last trilogy, tho.

Art Barr

In the last trilogy. That’s the argument we keep having. In the first trilogy, we got info on anakin as was needed and that was that. We knew next to nothing about the emperor except he was evil and wanted to takeover. So I cry foul on anyone saying how this bucks Star Wars tradition.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
In the last trilogy. That’s the argument we keep having. In the first trilogy, we got info on anakin as was needed and that was that. We knew next to nothing about the emperor except he was evil and wanted to takeover. So I cry foul on anyone saying how this bucks Star Wars tradition.

Star wars is about luke and his journey to his father.
It was never about the emperor.
Imo, the person who critiqued the film where they said what they said about the emperor. Sounds as if it was said by someone who really was not cognitive about this franchise as it was going.
The original franchise introduced the emperor as a shadow villain behind the bad. He was supposed to just show up and was utilized accurately when he did appear.

To the point, what villain in anything exposed as the big bad drew as much as the emperor and the trilogy was sell received.

Now validating that critique as it is off brand and off the pulse of someone who saw these movies cognitively in real time.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Star wars is about luke and his journey to his father.
It was never about the emperor.
Imo, the person who critiqued the film where they said what they said about the emperor. Sounds as if it was said by someone who really was not cognitive about this franchise as it was going.
The original franchise introduced the emperor as a shadow villain behind the bad. He was supposed to just show up and was utilized accurately when he did appear.

To the point, what villain in anything exposed as the big bad drew as much as the emperor and the trilogy was sell received.

Now validating that critique as it is off brand and off the pulse of someone who saw these movies cognitively in real time.

Art Barr

Sooo..are you agreeing with me or not? And Star Wars was also about Anakin's redemption, hence the title of the third flick.