Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
That's Different . One show us he doesn't matter not just kill him. For a long movie all it takes is a few lines to just say he's a fake emperor and all this talk of influencing Kylo as a baby is just excuses for Kylo . I don't need a wookiepedia post of the specific details and dates/times of the FO rise but at least let me know something about what I was interested in TFA .
Breh......they literally explained all that shyt in TFA and TLJ..
:wtf:

You nikkas are legit fukking retarded and don't pay attention. Boo fukking hoo they didn't literally spell it out for you slow remedial ass idiots. Go read a fukking book breh. You're not mentally inclined yet for movies

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like how they showed the force users one-upping each other.

- Snoke creates the bond between Kylo and Rey because he can see into Kylo's mind.
- Kylo uses this and flips it on him, killing Snoke.
- Luke then tricks Kylo from a galaxy away and pulls off the biggest Jedi mind trick yet not just on Kylo, but everyone in that battle.

Yoda pulling a Storm was ill too. Makes you wonder how powerful beings who became one with the force really are.

What hurts this, still, is that Rey still matches Kylo in their faceoff. Y'all said, and Snoke confirmed, it was because of Chewie's blast and killing Han, but why is she his equal now?

I think they're both equal because of their emotional struggle.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It's not about looking like a model. A character can be from the slums and still look attractive in the film. Her sister Paige has the exact same upbringing and still looks nice. Rey came form nothing and doesn't look ugly in the films.

Her sister seemed to have a higher standing in the rebellion..... her sister probably from a theoretic payscale was probably making more money and could afford the better upkeep of herself as a fighter on the ground floor of this shyt why she was a lower ranked person in the system left behind doing lower risk shyt for for extremely less money.:lolbron:

As far as the Rey thing, its interesting you bring that up. Thats one thing that kinda threw me off about this movie. Her constant close ups or linger long shots of her face. I dont find her to be an attractive girl, she does nothing for me, and I found myself getting more annoyed each time she was on screen or the cam panned in and cropped tightly to her face

Martha

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
they are hinting at that's the way it's going...ex:
the kid at the end used 'the force' to pull the broom to him

...to me that just feels like an 'every one gets a participation trophy' type thing, which is bullshyt....
This scene in my opinion means this: The universe is always full of those who are force sensitive. The majority are just never given training to become Jedi or Sith. Or their connection is just not strong enough. Most likely just a nod to the audience saying that although things look bleak, the rebellion and indeed the Jedi will always live on to fight oppression and give hope to the universe. Rey's connection to the force is so strong, in addition to her base combat skills that she looks like a natural. It's a weird direction to take but I dont have a huge issue with it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I get that. But again I liked the story. I liked the themes I liked the inversions and disruptions of the past and the deconstruction. I liked the what the movie was doing on a thematic level and how it all tied in and how everyone got an arc. And him saying it didn’t matter to him from a story standpoint makes sense to me. To explain Snoke would be giving exposition to someone (Ray) who doesn’t care and has no weight with her. It’s the same as when JJ dropped the khan reveal in into darkness and it landed flat with Kirk and Spock and bones and everyone else. Or the blofeld reveal in spectre. That means not a damn thing to James so in turn it means nothing in the larger narrative.

If you’re telling a story about Kylo and Ray then everything in your story needs to buttress that and feed into that. What works for their stories and what’s going to get them to the end of an arc? Backstory on Snoke does none of the above
meh rhats not true . Snoke apparently manipulated Kylo since the womb and somehow managed to create a force stronger than the empire and is able to use force powers we've never seen before so it does tie into Kylo /Rey /Luke force discussion . He's not Jedi or sith either . During the runup RJ kept saying how you wouldn't get a Wikipedia entry and it's similar to how the emperor was treated in the OG trilogy . He was very dismissive and insulting instead with his handling

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What made ESB so great is that the empire actually struck back. Has the first order had any victories at all against the rebels? That's what makes these movies so bad there is no real threat especially after seeing the main antagonist get his ass whooped by a girl with no training

People BASHED Empire Strikes Back when it was 1st released in 1980..... ironically for the same reasons as with this film and the fact it wasn't written by Lucas.

Not to mention but the ENTIRE RESISTANCE was DECIMATED! They went from an entire full fleet to just 15 people able to fit in the Falcon!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
meh rhats not true . Snoke apparently manipulated Kylo since the womb and somehow managed to create a force stronger than the empire and is able to use force powers we've never seen before so it does tie into Kylo /Rey /Luke force discussion . He's not Jedi or sith either . During the runup RJ kept saying how you wouldn't get a Wikipedia entry and it's similar to how the emperor was treated in the OG trilogy . He was very dismissive and insulting instead with his handling

Not to get all Star Wars but him being offensive is all about a certain POV. That shyt don’t offend me and I love Star Wars. Don’t kowtow to me plus I agree with him so yeah

And no how Snoke seduced him is irrelevant. He’s seduced already. Now what happens as a result? That does nothing for kylos story or luke or Rey. That doesn’t serve either one of them. Much like doing an info dump on the emperor wouldn’t have served anyone 30 years ago.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Me for the last hour when I realized after SuperLeia that Luke, after all that character assassination, was gonna be the one to die to keep the culling of OG characters going
200.gif
Movie was :trash:/:trash:
No surprise when Rian's out here admitting shyt like:

:dahell:
Episode 9 about to be the first Star Wars movie I been alive for imma skip seeing in theaters.
What's with movie studios selling franchises w/o a game plan. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. Marvel showed us the way:why: just do a better job.

No wonder why TFA and TLJ feel like two different storylines.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The people that act like those who didnt like this only do so out of the lack of nostalgia are bavkwards. If anything most of the people who didbt like this didnt get enough of the newer characters. The story isnt advanced.

I agree.

I watched Revenge of the Sith recently and imo Kylo/the actor is doing a perfect job of being of that lineage. He's exactly like Anakin on Mustafar before Obi-Wan feeds him that humble lava-pie.

I love the Kylo/Luke story.
Nonsense. Anakin throughout the movie had clear reasons for his temptation to the dark side, both politically and personally. Kylo grew up during peace, there is no building or explanation for his confliction other than just because. Now hes the big bad but we kjow he cant defeat Rey despite having YEARS of training on her.

I watched Sith last night, and it's so much better than this movie

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point I have no idea how powerful Kylo Ren is. He has probably the dopest bloodline out of any character (or any character ever will) in this this series. But he lost a fight to a Jedi noob in TFA and he struggled during the tag team fight with Rey against the Soo Woo jobbers in this one. Like I said before, Darth or Luke would have murked all those fools easily.

:beli:

Nah he dead. The saber cut through his body and he was laying there looking like :dead:
That didn't stop darth maul :troll: