Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
What made ESB so great is that the empire actually struck back. Has the first order had any victories at all against the rebels? That's what makes these movies so bad there is no real threat especially after seeing the main antagonist get his ass whooped by a girl with no training

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you could argue that w/ the emperor in RotJ...granted he did demonstrate some power during that final fight, but he was disposed of fairly easily, all things considered.

Lol pretty much. He sat in a chair he talked his shyt he tortured the hero and then was betrayed

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you could argue that w/ the emperor in RotJ...granted he did demonstrate some power during that final fight, but he was disposed of fairly easily, all things considered.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Both Sidious and Snoke jobbed in their first match after years of promo hype being pushed as monster heels. Back to the indie circuits (extended universe) for Snoke:mjlol:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thats fair. Cause I’ll admit Kylo doesn’t scare me as much as he makes me pity him. Now I do like his inner conflict and that’s interesting to me. But he’s not scary. He doesn’t instill fear lol. And I don’t think that’s the plan for him actually. I think what is scary about him though, is the fact of someone that impetuous and powerful being in control of so many men willing to “follow orders”

Star Wars has always been topical and what’s more topical than an emotionally immature man controlling an entire army and the most powerful organization in the world?
I doubt it's gonna get that political. Lucas ain't write this so I don't expect to get that "So this is how liberty dies" moment where George was drawing parallels to the government after 9/11.

Kylo is mediocre as a villian. How that got dude trying to be the Big bad when he lost to Rey at every opportunity. Rey on the Falcon thinking Kylo light work by himself.

I am biased I hate Kylo as a villian. Antagonist need a certain amount of menace. Vader and palpatine were blowing up planets and taking hands. Palpatine masterminded a entire war from the shadows. Kylo lacks the gumption to be a villian. And honestly they writing him like a deuteragonist.

Kylo love walking around acting hard pretending to be the bad guy. If you a bad guy do some bad guy shyt.:childplease:

Snoke was right. Dude just a whiny bytch in a mask.:scust:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Movie was boring and predictable. And yes I understood the story and the motives. Just a long boring trip with a series of never ending mind numbing decisions. Also what happen with Finn and Rey? A step too far for Star Wars? Also I see why Hamill and Fischer never really made it after the original trilogy they are so wooden. The female commander manage to be even worse than Carrie though. Kylo continues to be a non threat all his power is just having an Army and no one else in the Order having force powers. And now without Snoke there is no true pure darkside antagonist. Lucky I made a Starbucks run before the movie. Kept me awake. And bless Tmobile for getting me $5 tickets. 3 out of 5 stars.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Why is gender so important to you when it comes to making fantasy? Why are you willing to accept that a giant fish can command the rebel fleet. A GIANT FISH, but not a woman? That will NEVER be a standard, yet your beef is with the gender of the leaders. It's so telling.

I don't have a problem with females in command. Leia was a high ranking official in the alliance since the first movie. Mon Mothma was the leader in ROTJ.

But when the entire fleet is women... that is a deliberate attempt to flip the status quo.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I doubt it's gonna get that political. Lucas ain't write this so I don't expect to get that "So this is how liberty dies" moment where George was drawing parallels to the government after 9/11.

Kylo is mediocre as a villian. How that got dude trying to be the Big bad when he lost to Rey at every opportunity. Rey on the Falcon thinking Kylo light work by himself.

I am biased I hate Kylo as a villian. Antagonist need a certain amount of menace. Vader and palpatine were blowing up planets and taking hands. Palpatine masterminded a entire war from the shadows. Kylo lacks the gumption to be a villian. And honestly they writing him like a deuteragonist.

Kylo love walking around acting hard pretending to be the bad guy. If you a bad guy do some bad guy shyt.:childplease:

Snoke was right. Dude just a whiny bytch in a mask.:scust:

Not saying it needs to be overt to be political. Any movie that takes a stance on any issue whether it’s dictatorship or gender roles is political because the filmmaker is clearly coming out on one side of the argument. Even if they aren’t trying to be real obvious about it.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Snoke wants the same thing most dictators want. To rule supreme and be in charge of everything and everyone. If the new order wants the same thing the empire wants then it stands to reason the guys in charge want it as well. Power and more of it. Which is all Palpatine wanted in the end. He didn’t have some grand scheme. He wanted power and to rule with an iron fist
Eventually the dark side would grant him infallible foresight, but
until such time future events would remain just out of clear sight, clouded by
possibilities and the unremitting swirlings of the Force. He had made himself lord of all
he surveyed, but he had much to learn. Actions meant to topple him from his lofty perch
wouldn’t end with the successful containment of this most recent fiasco. But he would
deal with any who chose to challenge him with the same precision he had applied to
exterminating the Jedi. And he would not allow himself to be sidetracked from his goal
of unlocking the secrets many of the Sith Masters before him had sought: the means to
harness the powers of the dark side to reshape reality itself; in effect, to fashion a
universe of his own creation. Not mere immortality of the sort Plagueis had lusted after,
but influence of the ultimate sort.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
For what it's worth I love that they killed Snoke. We didn't need another Emperor. Kylo is much more interesting BECAUSE he's not the typical bad guy.

He's the "what if Anakin actually got power" (or what if Luke turned evil in RotJ). We haven't seen that before.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Thats fair. Cause I’ll admit Kylo doesn’t scare me as much as he makes me pity him. Now I do like his inner conflict and that’s interesting to me. But he’s not scary. He doesn’t instill fear lol. And I don’t think that’s the plan for him actually. I think what is scary about him though, is the fact of someone that impetuous and powerful being in control of so many men willing to “follow orders”

Star Wars has always been topical and what’s more topical than an emotionally immature man controlling an entire army and the most powerful organization in the world?

Yeah, I feel the intent, the goal, it was the execution that I had a problem with. I'm actually pretty conflicted about slamming this movie when it took a big risk on making the political symbolism about colonialism and patriarchy so blatant. But it just didn't work for me as a story.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, I feel the intent, the goal, it was the execution that I had a problem with. I'm actually pretty conflicted about slamming this movie when it took a big risk on making the political symbolism about colonialism and patriarchy so blatant. But it just didn't work for me as a story.
Word I can feel that. I don’t agree entirely but I do feel you

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Not saying it needs to be overt to be political. Any movie that takes a stance on any issue whether it’s dictatorship or gender roles is political because the filmmaker is clearly coming out on one side of the argument. Even if they aren’t trying to be real obvious about it.
That's cool and all but star wars is a sci find fantasy. The most threatening thing about the main antagonist right now is that he has pre teen emotions.:francis:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Literally the exact complaint about Snoke's death applies to the Emperor. At this point the OG trilogy has been elevated to such heights that people are willing to overlook any and everything yet slam a new movie that does the same thing.

Its as if the original trilogy was a 100% serious movie with no jokes, everything was explained, and there are no logic breaks.

But let's mention something else I liked. I liked Kylo Ren's fighting style. There was such a contrast between Luke and Kylo's stance at the end of the movie. One was refined and calm balance and the other was pure energy and emotion. I hope Kylo gets a legit saber fight in the next movie.