Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I agree.

I watched Revenge of the Sith recently and imo Kylo/the actor is doing a perfect job of being of that lineage. He's exactly like Anakin on Mustafar before Obi-Wan feeds him that humble lava-pie.

I love the Kylo/Luke story.
Exactly! Alot of People hated how Anakin was in the prequels but it showed how he was emotionally torn and how that led to him being easily swayed. Darth Vader is a very emotional character too and people have never stopped to realize that either. Its only fitting that a descendant of his is the same way

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Yeah I’m just not in agreement on this one. I don’t think it was needed at all for reasons I’ve stated. Also again it was never promised that would happen. You wanted it cool. It didn’t happen. You assumed this guy was important. You assumed his story was worth telling. You assumed he warranted story when it was clear he was a conduit for Kylo Ren and his ascension. Just like Palpatine

LOL what you do mean I assumed. The movie made it clear that he was important. He's the one responsible for the First Order, he's the one who seduced Kylo Reb, he's the driving force of the entire story.

How was he not important?

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
So this incredibly powerful force user, perhaps on par with The Emperor, has been around this entire time... and nobody, not even the most attuned jedi, were able to notice?

What did it take for him to finally reveal himself after all this time? Why?

You didn't have any of those questions going into the movie?
Luke was around the entire time and he wasn't able to sense him. Luke literally said he closed him self off from the force. Paying attention and listening does wonders ya know...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
LOL what you do mean I assumed. The movie made it clear that he was important. He's the one responsible for the First Order, he's the one who seduced Kylo Reb, he's the driving force of the entire story.

How was he not important?

You just stated every single thing you need to know. He started the first order and he seduced Kylo Ren. The same shyt you knew about the emperor until 99. He started the empire and seduced anakin.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
And none of that was explained in the OG trilogy, yet people had no problem with it. All you knew is that the Emperor was some old guy in charge, end of story.

Exactly, and it should have been left that way. Didn't need to see him with a lightsaber (which kinda contradicts the ROTJ) and definitely didn't need to see him hamming it up

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Haven't had time to read the details because I just saw the movie last night. I'll chime in on those discussions later but from the limited amount of discourse ive seen so far it looks like people just wanted more explained that really didn't need explaining. Like almost every one of the complaint threads so far mention not knowing who Snoke is. Knowing who Snoke is, where the lightsaber came from, etc..that shyt is just information the Star Wars junkies clamored for that at the end of the day is irrelevant to the story. Folks upset because it wasnt confirmed that Rey was the secret grandaughter of Obi Wan Kenobi or some other far fetched crap.

I'm excited for the next trilogy where Rian doesn't have to find purpose for characters he clearly wants nothing to do with.

The criticism goes beyond the mentioned and the major ones I have seen are in regards to changes to established lore. This is not Rian universe he knew he was stepping into an established universe and yet still made changes and implementation that anyone could foresee would ignite the fan base.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly, and it should have been left that way. Didn't need to see him with a lightsaber (which kinda contradicts the ROTJ) and definitely didn't need to see him hamming it up

Yeah seriously. Of all the things in the prequels I could’ve done without that’s one of them. No thank you

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
So this incredibly powerful force user, perhaps on par with The Emperor, has been around this entire time... and nobody, not even the most attuned jedi, were able to notice?

What did it take for him to finally reveal himself after all this time? Why?

You didn't have any of those questions going into the movie?

it's really no different from RotS when the jedi finally realize Palpatine = sidious. They were all like :ohhh::dwillhuh:

if the concil couldn't figure that out before it was too late, it's not unbelievable it'd happen again.

History repeats itself.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Exactly! Alot of People hated how Anakin was in the prequels but it showed how he was emotionally torn and how that led to him being easily swayed. Darth Vader is a very emotional character too and people have never stopped to realize that either. Its only fitting that a descendant of his is the same way

Absolutely. Vader loses his temper in the first scene we see. He was never the boss of all bosses or the coolest mofo. Tarkin ran the Death Star and the Emperor ran the Empire.

Kylo killing Snoke is perfect, now we get to see what it looks like when the enforcer gets to run the show. It's a perfect mirror image of Sith, where Anakin fails to take out Palpatine and then loses to Obi-Wan.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
You just stated every single thing you need to know. He started the first order and he seduced Kylo Ren. The same shyt you knew about the emperor until 99. He started the empire and seduced anakin.

The Emperor was alluded to in the first movie, he didn't just pop in out of nowhere. His motives weren't a mystery either.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Emperor was alluded to in the first movie, he didn't just pop in out of nowhere. His motives weren't a mystery either.

Yeah he was alluded to. And his motives were to takeover the galaxy with an apprentice. Same as Snoke. The new order has the same motive as the empire.

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
They showed a fukking hologram for 20 seconds. You're really just finding shyt to bytch about just to bytch. You're literally being a hypocrite right now

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Yeah he was alluded to. And his motives were to takeover the galaxy with an apprentice. Same as Snoke. The new order has the same motive as the empire.

Snoke resurrected the Empire, which means he had a vested interest in the Empire.

What was he doing this entire time.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
How is kylo Ren supposed to become so powerful with no one to train him?

:ohhh:

Vader had sidious for how long?