Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Yeah there are moments like that that don’t stack up. It’s dope in the moment but lol why? Like why doesn’t Kylo notice something is off with Luke when he’s using a lightsaber that he and ray just destroyed :russ:

Doesn’t take away from the overall for me but it’s little details that feel looked over
In the heat of the moment he was so angry and was dead set on killing Luke that the lightsaber thing wasn't even a thought....if Luke Skywalker shows up with a lightsaber no one is going to question it.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Not saying @Soymuscle Mike is the type but one of the worst things in fandom these days is the need to explain every damn thing and the need to have an explanation for every damn thing. It’s not a sci-fi movie but it’s the same with Halloween. Rob zombie and others have felt it was needed to explain Michael Myers. Explain his backstory give him more depth explain why the mask and why that specific mask and why does he kill etc. And none of it was needed lol. None of it. He’s a monster he’s the boogie man. I don’t need to know why the boogie man is out to get me I just need to know he’s out to get me. Explaining too much takes away mystique and sometimes makes the interesting less so

gotta agree with this. I'd say the only backstory that was explained that I enjoyed was Freddy's..minus the dream sperm shyt.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In the heat of the moment he was so angry and was dead set on killing Luke that the lightsaber thing wasn't even a thought....if Luke Skywalker shows up with a lightsaber no one is going to question it.

Yeah and I can buy within character he’s not focused and that was the point. He’s so blinded by hate and rage that he can’t see what’s right in front of him.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Not saying @Soymuscle Mike is the type but one of the worst things in fandom these days is the need to explain every damn thing and the need to have an explanation for every damn thing. It’s not a sci-fi movie but it’s the same with Halloween. Rob zombie and others have felt it was needed to explain Michael Myers. Explain his backstory give him more depth explain why the mask and why that specific mask and why does he kill etc. And none of it was needed lol. None of it. He’s a monster he’s the boogie man. I don’t need to know why the boogie man is out to get me I just need to know he’s out to get me. Explaining too much takes away mystique and sometimes makes the interesting less so

If this were a standalone movie you'd have more grounds to make this argument.

But being that this movie inherits the lore of 7 other movies, I'm sorry they needed to make more of an effort. This guy went completely unnoticed throughout the entirety of the saga and we have no idea how. We don't even know how he came to reveal himself... or why.

When you introduce new characters and concepts into an existing story-line, you need to justify it.

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
Most of you are missing the point that Kylo Ren IS supposed to an emotional character. He is written that way for a purpose. Its literally why they show him having inner battles between the dark and the light. This is literally there in all of our faces. I don't understand how nikkas on here can bytch about him being emotional when the movies have literally explained why he's fukking emotional!
:mindblown:

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin

But being that this movie inherits the lore of 7 other movies, I'm sorry they needed to make more of an effort. This guy went completely unnoticed throughout the entirety of the saga and we have no idea how. We don't even know how he came to reveal himself... or why.

When you introduce new characters and concepts into an existing story-line, you need to justify it.
They don't NEED to do a fukking thing just cause you want them to
:camby:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yeah I’m just not in agreement on this one. I don’t think it was needed at all for reasons I’ve stated. Also again it was never promised that would happen. You wanted it cool. It didn’t happen. You assumed this guy was important. You assumed his story was worth telling. You assumed he warranted story when it was clear he was a conduit for Kylo Ren and his ascension. Just like Palpatine

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah there are moments like that that don’t stack up. It’s dope in the moment but lol why? Like why doesn’t Kylo notice something is off with Luke when he’s using a lightsaber that he and ray just destroyed :russ:

Doesn’t take away from the overall for me but it’s little details that feel looked over
This, like wtf? Where is Ben then? All the Jedi should help if this is the case. Lol

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
Throughout the entire OG series there was never any explanation at all on how Palpatine became the Emperor. None. Nothing at all. There was no context at all whatsoever. It was never explained until the prequels. Yet nikkas still love to pick and choose when they want to bytch about something

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This, like wtf? Where is Ben then? All the Jedi should help if this is the case. Lol

The Ben thing is more of a technical issue. Rian said they talked about having Ben but Alec Guinness is gone obviously and mark Hamill as an actor doesn’t have a connection with Ewan McGregor. But he does have one with that puppet and with frank oz. so emotionally it works more.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Most of you are missing the point that Kylo Ren IS supposed to an emotional character. He is written that way for a purpose. Its literally why they show him having inner battles between the dark and the light. This is literally there in all of our faces. I don't understand how nikkas on here can bytch about him being emotional when the movies have literally explained why he's fukking emotional!
:mindblown:

I agree.

I watched Revenge of the Sith recently and imo Kylo/the actor is doing a perfect job of being of that lineage. He's exactly like Anakin on Mustafar before Obi-Wan feeds him that humble lava-pie.

I love the Kylo/Luke story.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
So this incredibly powerful force user, perhaps on par with The Emperor, has been around this entire time... and nobody, not even the most attuned jedi, were able to notice?

What did it take for him to finally reveal himself after all this time? Why?

You didn't have any of those questions going into the movie?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree.

I watched Revenge of the Sith recently and imo Kylo/the actor is doing a perfect job of being of that lineage. He's exactly like Anakin on Mustafar before Obi-Wan feeds him that humble lava-pie.

I love the Kylo/Luke story.

Yeah my boys and I picked up on that in force awakens. He’s a lot more like his grandfather and his dad than his uncle. Luke was emotional too but he found a balance. Han was impetuous as hell and anakin was too unstable. Kylo is clearly unstable lol. Like to the point if the new order wasn’t so polite and British, they’d mutiny his ass