Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
But see I’m a grown ass man that don’t give a fukk about rotten whoever and reddit.

as a 'grown ass man' what is there to even take away from this movie though? it has nothing deep or intelligent to say, the characters are all paper thin and the story is convoluted as all hell. at best maybe you can lose yourself in some of the action scenes but at this point there's nothing we haven't seen before. after it's done it melts away in your mind like cotton candy.

here's the thing about the older films, you could enjoy them as children but there are also things to appreciate as an adult. there are actual themes at work... important things you can learn.

last jedi is not a movie for grown ups, it's for children exclusively and dumb casual moviegoers who don't want anything more than a passable time at the theater. as an actual grown up and fan of the franchise myself, i felt there was nothing for me at all.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
My immediate thoughts of the movie...Luke deserved better. Such an iconic figure and that's the ending they gave him. They turned Chewbacca into a vegan. Kylo Ren was a terrible villain. I still can't take him seriously. I am not a star wars fan but I do love science fiction movies; this is the second time the new generation of star wars movies let me down.

These big budget movies are always trying tk sell something. They put those brown chickens all over the screen to sell toys. And I swear it seems that the lady who they called was playing star wars battle front :laugh:

Luke Skywalker is far from done

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Boy my opinions on this movie seems to be completely different from everyone here. Don't really rank it any better or worse than TFA but I enjoyed it all the same. There were some issues with it like pacing but I'm just not understanding the overwhelming hate by some people.

One thing I will say is TFA was more focused and tighter in execution. This kind of felt like RTJ.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
am i the only one that was taken aback by the astonishing lack of MEN leading the resistance? aside from poe and finn (who is a beta male himself)... i don't think there were any other notable male characters.

i mean i know it's 2017 and 'yay for diversity'... but do you truly think we'll ever see the day where military forces are dominantly comprised of women? OLD women? did this not ring insanely false for anyone else?

i think back to the war room scene in ANH when they're going over the attack on the death star... it felt like an actual war room... with soldiers... and pilots. it felt real.

meanwhile the resistance got the fukkin golden girls leading the charge and they wonder why they're losing the war.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Just got finished seeing this.

Movie was ok at best. I had the same feeling as i did leaving justice league. Just poor writing doomed this movie

Snoke goes out like that? After showing such highly developed force powers to kill him off like that was weak

Klyo ren is still wack. He doesnt make anyone fear him, he's a scared little kid

I hated the way they did skywalker. As THE star wars character they could've sent him out in a better way

Its over for FINN :francis: as soon as he woke up it was back to bumbling idiot :smh:

Poe :camby:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
i actually don't even know why finn is in the movie. dare i say his sole existence for being is to have a black lead in the cast.

his story had no follow through, he exhibits no talents or skills, and he is constantly playing the role of hapless idiot while being paired with the more rugged and seasoned female accomplice. he's written as brave and heroic and yet he always comes off as a huge beta because he contributes NOTHING to the mission other than his presence. he is always astonished and amazed while other people bail him out of jams.

like what's his goal in this movie? to be reunited with rey? why? does he love her? for what reason? when they finally see each other again all they do is hug.

guy fukkin finally decides to make the heroic sacrifice...only for the CHICK TO SAVE HIM!! WHAT!?!? guy can't even die like a man without being sidelined for the even braver female hero.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Ima leave this quote right here from the man himself, mark Hammil:

After reading the script for the film, Mark Hamill told director Rian Johnson, "I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you've made for this character [Luke Skywalker]. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you've created and do my best to realize your vision."

That....... pretty much sums it up for me

Goerge Lucas must be livid

.5/5

Wait. Luke said this shyt and it wasn't plastered everywhere?? I convinced Disney paid every reviewer off because this movie should've been dragged across the internet and all I read was how "amazing" it was outside of here. I was slumped in the seats at how bytch made they wrote Luke and Finn (they had him jumping at everything and hiding behind that girl the entire movie), how dumb they made Poe, and how overpowered Rey was. The entire movie went out of its way to push the women to the forefront on the good side for no real reason

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Return of the Jedi

Luke: Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

The Last Jedi

Luke: I only know one truth: It's time for the Jedi... to end.

:mjcry:

Luke learned the truth.
Upon 2nd viewing I noticed Rey took the Jedi books before Luke destroyed the temple.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Wait. Luke said this shyt and it wasn't plastered everywhere?? I convinced Disney paid every reviewer off because this movie should've been dragged across the internet and all I read was how "amazing" it was outside of here. I was slumped in the seats at how bytch made they wrote Luke and Finn (they had him jumping at everything and hiding behind that girl the entire movie), how dumb they made Poe, and how overpowered Rey was. The entire movie went out of its way to push the women to the forefront on the good side for no real reason

There were a few weeks where Mark was kind of shytting on the new movies and Disney. Then he suddenly changed tone.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Now you see the power of the Disney machine right? Makes you wonder about their power and influence right?

The things they are able to sweep under the table and the things they choose to shine a light on