Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
They really botched Rey going into the dark place imo. I thought there would be a sith artifact or a si Th ghost or something. At least a real struggle with her and the dark side. Anything. They hyped it up but when she fell in, other than some cool mirror effects, nothing happened. She just felt lonely. The scene after with Kylo was a good one. But that specific scene in the hole had a lot more potential /SPOILER]

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bullshyt. It has a 56% audience rating on rotten tomatoes which is the lowest in the series. Reddit is eviscerating it.

But see I’m a grown ass man that don’t give a fukk about rotten whoever and reddit. I can only speak about my movie going experience and I’m inclined not to lie about it on a forum to people i don’t know I’m not THAT weird. All that Jedi Sith Lore shyt is overkill in 2017/2018. go read the comic and books if you want that shyt. Jurassic Park the Book is 10 Times better than the movie and it’s considered a classic. This Movie was lit and my IMAX theatre was Lit :yeshrug: to each his own. Can’t wait to smoke a blunt and watch it again tonight

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
But see I’m a grown ass man that don’t give a fukk about rotten whoever and reddit. I can only speak about my movie going experience and I’m inclined not to lie about it on a forum to people i don’t know I’m not THAT weird. All that Jedi Sith Lore shyt is overkill in 2017/2018. go read the comic and books if you want that shyt. Jurassic Park the Book is 10 Times better than the movie and it’s considered a classic. This Movie was lit and my IMAX theatre was Lit :yeshrug: to each his own. Can’t wait to smoke a blunt and watch it again tonight
Fair enough. But being a grown ass man aint got nothing to do with it.

Its better to say you have no emotional investment in the franchise.

I dont give a shyt about Star Trek lore but Trekkies were pissed about the direction the new franchise took. I think they are fun movies. You just want piff and fukkery, i can respect that.

However, Star Wars fans wanted more and the film failed to us.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
I feel like they purposely changed the story because of all the fans theory

Snoke NOT being plagues is such a let down. And the rey/palpatine thing seemed like a lock but im not as mad at that.. all jedi in the series were basically conplete suprises and came from nowhere

But i will NOT forgive disney for making snoke some random baddie. I thibk he was meant to be plagues but the fan presictions made them change it..

fukkin star wars stans

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Seems like a stark difference between what audience say and the Coli and it ain’t adding up. My theater had multiple cheers and a standing O. Seem like an lotta y’all mad y’all theories didn’t pan out fukkin spoiled asses. I’m just happy as hell to see Mark Hamilton as Luke again

Go to sleep.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Just came from my 2nd viewing with my 9 year old son who loved it.

I don't feel like putting stuff in spoiler text so I'll speak very generally and this is more for folks on the fence, not those who are calling it trash. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so here is mine:

There isn't any movie that has so many expectations, and pressure to be all things to all people than this franchise. Fact. That gets in the way when folks see new SW movies because instead of sitting there and actually watching the movie folks are sitting there and literally picking every frame, every shot, every line of dialogue in real time and when that stuff doesn't jibe with what you had in your head about what it SHOULD be, it's instantly trash. If these (new) movies played out the way most of us want them too, it would be super predictable and ultimately not a good product. It's funny because at one point Luke says something to Rey that sort of addresses that when he asks her what she thinks he's gonna do show up with his magical sword and take down the First Order just like that (sorry just had to write that to make a point)

I don't think any SW movie has been PERFECT and that's okay! This isn't a perfect movie, but I don't think where the movie may not be as strong takes away from where the movie is dope.

Yeah this movie is gonna be divisive absolutely and yeah some folks won't be back at all. I do think this will gain a lot more fans than it will lose. They have rewritten, no they've ENHANCED, the rules and are no longer handcuffed by some of the things may not work in 2020 like they did in '77. Nothing wrong with that.

Constantly rehashing old ideas would have ended this franchise shortly. I'm gonna trust this process and see where it leads us

ELESDEE616

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
I feel like they purposely changed the story because of all the fans theory

Snoke NOT being plagues is such a let down. And the rey/palpatine thing seemed like a lock but im not as mad at that.. all jedi in the series were basically conplete suprises and came from nowhere

But i will NOT forgive disney for making snoke some random baddie. I thibk he was meant to be plagues but the fan presictions made them change it..

fukkin star wars stans
Any characterization wouldve been fine. Sidious didnt have any backstory for 30 years but he wasnt a cgi monster and you could infer what his motivations were ftom his brief screen time.

Snoke got nothing. Not even a meaningful send off.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Seems like a stark difference between what audience say and the Coli and it ain’t adding up. My theater had multiple cheers and a standing O. Seem like an lotta y’all mad y’all theories didn’t pan out fukkin spoiled asses. I’m just happy as hell to see Mark Hamilton as Luke again
the fukk are you taking about. this shyt got like a 50 percent audience score on rotten tomato.:gucci:

unique_gentleman

Little-Known Lurker
Daps
U got a link to the book or wiki??
Knights of Ren
"The Knights of Ren included Kylo Ren,[3] whom Supreme Leader Snoke, the leader of these forces[1] of dark side users[2] referred to as a master of the Knights of Ren."

Aftermath: Empire's End
"Tashu tells Rax that the Emperor has always been intrigued by a dark presence originating from the Unknown Regions."

From the Aftermath: Empire's End audible book:
"The Emperor was convinced that something waited for him out there. Some origin of the force. Some dark presence, formed of malevolence substance. He said he could feel the waves of it, radiating out now that the way was clear. The Emperor called it a signal, conveniently one that only he could hear. Even his greatest enforcer, Vader, seemed oblivious to it, and Vader also claimed mastery over the dark force, did he not?"

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Fair enough. But being a grown ass man aint got nothing to do with it.

Its better to say you have no emotional investment in the franchise.

I dont give a shyt about Star Trek lore but Trekkies were pissed about the direction the new franchise took. I think they are fun movies. You just want piff and fukkery, i can respect that.

However, Star Wars fans wanted more and the film failed to us.

How you tell me fair enough.. then in the next breath have the fukkin audacity to tell me how structure my sentence in what to say? That’s that prideful entitlement I’m talking about about. I meant what i said. The filmed failed YOU not me gon wit passive aggressive shyt smh

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
My immediate thoughts of the movie...Luke deserved better. Such an iconic figure and that's the ending they gave him. They turned Chewbacca into a vegan. Kylo Ren was a terrible villain. I still can't take him seriously. I am not a star wars fan but I do love science fiction movies; this is the second time the new generation of star wars movies let me down.

These big budget movies are always trying tk sell something. They put those brown chickens all over the screen to sell toys. And I swear it seems that the lady who they called was playing star wars battle front :laugh:

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie isn't bad. It just doesn't belong, and is a complete waste of a slot. This movie should have been an offshoot, because that's what it feels like.

And apparently they don't even have enough faith in any of the characters, other than Rey, Kylo (no idea why since he's only interesting playing off of other characters) and fukkin BB-8. Why the fukk can this droid do everything?

Say what you want about Lucas, but he had a vision, and followed it through. At least his storyline made sense. He just needs a director to reel it in. They should've used his outline.

He might be getting a call back if this backlash keeps building momentum over the weekend. I enjoyed it for what it was but thats because i didnt know about the EU until it was basically written off by disney so those fans that faithfully supported and kept star wars alive over the years in hopes of seeing some of those stories come to the screen feel like they have been gut punched.

U cant just erase that much history and teist it around especially with this type of loyal fanbase that named their kids after these characters and have star wars themed weddings and shyt

ELESDEE616

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
How you tell me fair enough.. then in the next breath have the fukkin audacity to tell me how structure my sentence in what to say? That’s that prideful entitlement I’m talking about about. I meant what i said. The filmed failed YOU not me gon wit passive aggressive shyt smh
Youre insulting people bringing up grown men like youre above it all.

Probably the type that called people nerds in high school ass nicca.