Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

March Madness

All Star
Daps
lol

there is no over-arching idea or theme here they are just improvising from movie-to-movie

the whole world owes George Lucas an apology.

his screenwriting skills can be suspect, but clearly the man is Star Wars.

the prequels have 30x more classic moments and magic than Ep7-8 have so far.

TFA and TLJ are good,

but a new Star Wars movie with Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill is suppose to be LIGHTS OUT.

the Skywalker story ended when Vader took off the mask and died in front of Luke IMO

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Force awakens was trash.

I'd watch any of the prequels again over it.

I couldn't make it through a 2nd viewing of force awakens.

So if this movie is just Rian spitting in the face of that shyt all film I'll probably like it :russ:
Rian Johnson does just that but at the same time he brings far too little to the table too. There is some definite great stuff in here, but it's muddled in piles of utter garbage.

Hell, there's at least two or three scenes here that if you told me were deleted scenes from Spaceballs, I would fully believe you.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

I second this, they should have had him on as a consultant. This is a universe he created and envisioned and let him place those characters years later as to where he envisioned. I don’t know who the idiot is that turned old George’s idea down but that was arrogant and disrespectful as fukk. It’s like if Tolkien was still alive and WB was making more lord of the rings movies separate from the books and Tolkien was like yo here is my idea of how things would have went down after the events of ROTK and WB were like:camby:we are good.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
lol

there is no over-arching idea or theme here they are just improvising from movie-to-movie

the whole world owes George Lucas an apology.

his screenwriting skills can be suspect, but clearly the man is Star Wars.

the prequels have 30x more classic moments and magic than Ep7-8 have so far.

TFA and TLJ are good,

but a new Star Wars movie with Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill is suppose to be LIGHTS OUT.

the Skywalker story ended when Vader took off the mask and died in front of Luke IMO

The EU actually added to the mythology in a meaningful way and was something most fans envisioned for the characters. Hell even Chewbacca death in the EU was badass and heroic unlike what they did to Han and Luke in this shytty new films.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was under the impression that his attachment to his family was seen as weakness and to rid himself of that weakness he killed him :ld:
Isn't that a Jedi trait. Doesn't the dark side promote attachments, emotions, etc.

I thought it was the way of the Jedi to cut all ties to the past and live a life of solitude.

Kylo basically kills his family because Snoke told him to. But then he ultimately kills snoke so what was the point.

I thought Snoke wanted Luke dead because he saw Luke as a real threat but looking at it now the FO were free to do whatever they wanted because Luke was ready to die alone on that island even before rey showed up. He didn't want anything to do with anyone.

But then I guess Kylo just wants to kill Luke because he has a personal vendetta against him because at that point Snoke is already dead so his agenda is irrelevant.

We were made to believe that Kylo was a puppet in the first movie but actually he shares the same ideals as Snoke which makes the character very 1 dimensional.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
The EU actually added to the mythology in a meaningful way and was something most fans envisioned for the characters. Hell even Chewbacca death in the EU was badass and heroic unlike what they did to Han and Luke in this shytty new films.

this. I think this is why most fans are pissed. So much effort was put in to the EU by smarter and more knowledgeable nerd writers than these hollywood suits but they shunned it all for some cookie cutter sjw feminist wet dream.

all they had to do was gather all the best storylines from shyt like the dark empire and tighten them up as a 3 x 3 hour movie screenplay and shyt would have been :ahh:

but they gave uncle george the closeofficedoor.gif and settled for this generic shyt.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope you are wrong, because that would be another set of potential great characters they kill off. Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren were #1 on the list of the things that interest me about the new trilogy before and after TFA. The idea of a gang of dark side users fukking shyt up across the galaxy is awesome and different than having just one or two dark side users they have normally shown, especially since it seems that most of them don't even have light sabers. That would've been different and refreshing.

It already sucks they killed off Snoke, because it's implied in the Aftermath book series that he originated from the Unknown Regions that no one knew how to get there safely (other than Thrawn) and was the one calling Emperor Palpatine to come to him. You have to be a badass to summon a powerful villan like Palpatine to come to you

U got a link to the book or wiki??

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Seems like a stark difference between what audience say and the Coli and it ain’t adding up. My theater had multiple cheers and a standing O. Seem like an lotta y’all mad y’all theories didn’t pan out fukkin spoiled asses. I’m just happy as hell to see Mark Hamil as Luke again

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A funny nitpick i saw the bombs dropped in the beginning just dropped without force. In space with no gravity they all just dropped straight down

I dont mind the use of the force to bring her in. But being exposed in space is a bridge too far. She opened her eyes which would have instabtly frozen them.:gucci:

Then she goes to a regular door, NOT AN AIR HATCH. When that door opened, everyone should have been sucked out

Well to be fair the vader scene in rogue one had him standing there in a bboy stance with his cape flapping in space but we forgive that because it was a bad ass scene

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Seems like a stark difference between what audience say and the Coli and it ain’t adding up. My theater had multiple cheers and a standing O. Seem like an lotta y’all mad y’all theories didn’t pan out fukkin spoiled asses. I’m just happy as hell to see Mark Hamilton as Luke again
Bullshyt. It has a 56% audience rating on rotten tomatoes which is the lowest in the series. Reddit is eviscerating it.