Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway I enjoyed the movie. The acting was top notch by and large, and I really enjoyed the performances of Hamill, Gleeson, Driver and Serkis in particular. There were a couple of awful scenes, it could have been edited more liberally but by and large the vast majority of the movie worked imo. It was more memorable than TFA (which I've entirely forgotten) and was more consistent than Rogue One (which was entertaining, but kind of a mess).

However I think they fukked up by
killing off Snoke, as I think the trilogy will be a little less interesting without him. Instead of killing him they could have just had Kylo and Rey join together, which would have been a much bigger WTF moment than what actually happened.

Also I was surprised by how little hand to hand combat there is. What little we had was dope, but its bizarre that there hasn't been more.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Funny enough reading how polarizing this film is actually makes me want to see it.

Polarizing films are my jam :ehh:

I love films that can invoke emotion of hate or love within the same film depending who you ask.

I hate that we are losing rian Johnson to the franchise machine though. 4 original films by him >>>>>>> 4 star wars films

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Funny thing is I'm not even mad at the peop le who hate this movie. I just wish y'all had that same energy when the force awakens came out which was objectively one of the biggest slaps in the face to OG star wars fans imo.

All I know is people better put more respect on George Lucas's name. Might be a poor director with poor dialogue writing skills but he has more creativity in his pinky than most of Disney's writers. The prequels seem better and better to me now. Especially ROTS. And to everyone who hates the prequel light saber fights :camby:. That choreographed shyt was dope. Same shyt they do with those kungfu movies and everyone loves it. No one wants to see a practical light saber fight:rudy:. Plus at least he wasn't afraid to make light saber battles unlike these new guys

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny enough reading how polarizing this film is actually makes me want to see it.

Polarizing films are my jam :ehh:

Problem is that people had (a) expectations regarding particular characters that the film didn't match and (b) people fixate on plotholes. The former is on the viewer, not the people making the movie and the latter...plotholes are just the reality of popcorn movies, and the OG Star Wars had plenty of them.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
And if no one else will say it I will. There has not been one memorable lightsaber battle scene yet in this newest trilogy :snoop:

lightsabers don't even mean anything anymore. everyone has one now. they aren't called lightsabers but they might as well be.

laser staffs, laser slingshots, laser nunchucks... every other person in the movie has some kind of weapon with a cutting laser attached at the end.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Seen it last night with my pops and I give it an A-. My minor gripes were the fact that why introduce Snoke 2 years ago create this mystery for 2 years only for it to not have a big payoff or big reveal. Same with the Rey mystery too. I enjoyed Kylo and the force connection scenes he had with Rey. Luke was dope too. Here's an honest question though
Anyone felt it was right to end the skywalker story after this movie??
. The scenery of the planets they showed were so dope they will suck you right in have you forgetting the one your inhabiting it was that awesome. But I wonder what the next movie will consist of and I think that may be people's gripes which concerns my question in the spolier and Finn was dope too i didn't find any sort of gripes or complaints about him.
You're right about Snoke, but I'm not completely convinced he's dead. We shall see. And I think the "reveal" of Rey's parentage was just a lie perpetrated by Kylo. I think the real one will come in IX, and it will address your Skywalker question.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

People need to understand just because its called star wars doesn't mean it's fukkin star wars. Yeah u can try and make these movies but when u have terrible characters like these new movies and shytty storylines, this shyt just doesn't automatically become classic because u have the music and opening crawl. Glad this shyt is flopping with fans because they pulled the okey doke wit TFA and most bought that shyt as being a good start when it was just a cash grab rehash and now they see why a lot of peeps weren't impressed with that shyt in the first place.

Props to actual star war nerds here who ain't dikk riding this movie just because its star wars.

Truth

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Force awakens was trash.

I'd watch any of the prequels again over it.

I couldn't make it through a 2nd viewing of force awakens.

So if this movie is just Rian spitting in the face of that shyt all film I'll probably like it :russ:

It absolutely is him backhanding JJ for two hours :lolbron:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That whole sequence was so FIRE bruh :wow:

Now that i slept on it yup this shyt might end up being a classic to the youngins comming up. Some off y’all poster need to let go of the past :lolbron: the old ways are over burn those scrolls you nerds it’s a new wave :ohhh: Ima see it again tonight just to make sure and btw you extra woke people gotta chill Finn got busy for his own right fukk y’all want? Don’t worry Black Panther soon come..

:yeshrug: all the transformers movies are a classic to the young pups too. That don't mean them movies ain't trash.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It absolutely is him backhanding JJ for two hours :lolbron:
*Rian arrives at script and planning meeting for trilogy*
gvHlJfN.gif

Now Kathleen like yo bytch boy Jj, clean this shyt up :mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The movie isn't bad. It just doesn't belong, and is a complete waste of a slot. This movie should have been an offshoot, because that's what it feels like.

And apparently they don't even have enough faith in any of the characters, other than Rey, Kylo (no idea why since he's only interesting playing off of other characters) and fukkin BB-8. Why the fukk can this droid do everything?

Say what you want about Lucas, but he had a vision, and followed it through. At least his storyline made sense. He just needs a director to reel it in. They should've used his outline.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movie isn't bad. It just doesn't belong, and is a complete waste of a slot. This movie should have been an offshoot, because that's what it feels like.

And apparently they don't even have enough faith in any of the characters, other than Rey, Kylo (no idea why since he's only interesting playing off of other characters) and fukkin BB-8. Why the fukk can this droid do everything?

Say what you want about Lucas, but he had a vision, and followed it through. At least his storyline made sense. He just needs a director to reel it in. They should've used his outline.

This