Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only thing to save this trilogy is to have Rey turn to the dark side. Cause yall know Disney this shyt about to be a money grab. They making 6 or 9 of these movies overall in the next 15 years.

Call Marvel out all you want but at least they have some sort of direction and tie their films together.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The movie is for what its worth isn't terrible all things considered. The actors, effects people, and music team did their job. Locations even looked nice.

Whoever wrote the script needs their ass beat though.

And Kylo for all his development is still a mediocre villian.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
movie was fukking trash from start to finish.

they are just winging it at this point, you can tell. no clear vision whatsoever.

can't blame them though, they only had 30 years.
:russ:

People need to understand just because its called star wars doesn't mean it's fukkin star wars. Yeah u can try and make these movies but when u have terrible characters like these new movies and shytty storylines, this shyt just doesn't automatically become classic because u have the music and opening crawl. Glad this shyt is flopping with fans because they pulled the okey doke wit TFA and most bought that shyt as being a good start when it was just a cash grab rehash and now they see why a lot of peeps weren't impressed with that shyt in the first place.

Props to actual star war nerds here who ain't dikk riding this movie just because its star wars.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Seen it last night with my pops and I give it an A-. My minor gripes were the fact that why introduce Snoke 2 years ago create this mystery for 2 years only for it to not have a big payoff or big reveal. Same with the Rey mystery too. I enjoyed Kylo and the force connection scenes he had with Rey. Luke was dope too. Here's an honest question though
Anyone felt it was right to end the skywalker story after this movie??
. The scenery of the planets they showed were so dope they will suck you right in have you forgetting the one your inhabiting it was that awesome. But I wonder what the next movie will consist of and I think that may be people's gripes which concerns my question in the spolier and Finn was dope too i didn't find any sort of gripes or complaints about him.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I look forward to about 10 years from now when the real truth of what these films are quality wise comes out.

There's way too much emotion love or hate, people are blinded by it.

And the critics are as bad as any random fan boy. Don't know why people don't realize that.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
I can see that. Everyone's complaint about Force Awakens was how unoriginal it was, and rightfully so. Another thing I didn't like was how it was established that none of the ROJ characters were what we were expecting them to be 30 years in the future. So I already submitted to the fact the character arcs in this trilogy were going to be way off from what fans expected and wanted based on 20+ years of EU.
I give this movie credit for being totally original, which fans WANTED. But if you went into this with specific expectations and things you wanted the characters to be (like Finn being the focus and saving the universe), yeah you'll be massively disappointed.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As I said before....
Ren and Rey killed them after Ren killed Snoke. They were Snoke's guards. It was heavily implied considering they were almost as equally as trained as Kylo Ren. Plus, Luke stat Ren taking half of the trainees with him and killed the remainder that didn't want to convert.

That whole sequence was so FIRE bruh :wow:

Now that i slept on it yup this shyt might end up being a classic to the youngins comming up. Some off y’all poster need to let go of the past :lolbron: the old ways are over burn those scrolls you nerds it’s a new wave :ohhh: Ima see it again tonight just to make sure and btw you extra woke people gotta chill Finn got busy for his own right fukk y’all want? Don’t worry Black Panther soon come..

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I look forward to about 10 years from now when the real truth of what these films are quality wise comes out.

There's way too much emotion love or hate, people are blinded by it.

And the critics are as bad as any random fan boy. Don't know why people don't realize that.

The critics watch scores of new movies every year, the average person watches maybe half a dozen. I know which one I'd trust a lot more to know what is good, average and bad.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The critics watch scores of new movies every year, the average person watches maybe half a dozen. I know which one I'd trust a lot more to know what is good, average and bad.
Those critics are just fan boys under it all, susceptible to the same bias and hype of any random person.

Anybody that looks to other people to dictate their taste is a sheep.

The shining was ripped apart by critics at release and now stands as one of the best films ever made.

Their are countless films where critics have shown to be dead wrong and years later change their tune.